Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

This is why I can see the GOPe being willing to shatter the party and put together a new coalition with a moderate, but unwavering, stance on immigration.

If they shatter the party they're out of power for 10-20 years. By the time they put a coalition back together gay abortions with your government-mandated immigrant spouse are mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Idaho is a 32 delegate state with WTA if you break 50% so if Cruzmentum is real he could end up catching up Trump quite a bit on delegates. Michigan is also WTA-if-50% but no one is going to get more than 50% there, whereas it could happen in Idaho.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Zohar posted:

nate really is just a common or garden pundit at this point

the people he owned when he arrived on the scene would be saying things like 'I think Rubio will pull it out, I feel so much more energy from his campaign, and a commitment to win' or 'how could Trump win, I don't know anybody who voted for him'

'we don't know what will happen' is the pure honest truth that pundits should be saying

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Peel posted:

'launch me out of a cannon into the sun' is the pure honest truth that pundits should be saying

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Peel posted:

'we don't know what will happen' is the pure honest truth that pundits should be saying

Anybody who claims to have a good model for this election is either a genius or a liar.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Antti posted:

Idaho is a 32 delegate state with WTA if you break 50% so if Cruzmentum is real he could end up catching up Trump quite a bit on delegates. Michigan is also WTA-if-50% but no one is going to get more than 50% there, whereas it could happen in Idaho.
We got Trump +11 there during a very good stretch for him in mid-February. Rubio was doing a hell of a lot better too (and it was before Carson dropped out and Mitt went on his media crusade). Cruz winning Idaho is likely but I gotta disagree with you --- I don't think there's a chance of him crossing the 50% threshold when he was at 19% two weeks ago.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Dick Valentine posted:

He met his wife on a forum dedicated to harassing and trolling Christian Weston Chandler, an autistic man from Virginia. Two souls meeting from opposite sides of the Atlantic joined together over the mutual love of bulling the mentally ill. A love story for the ages.

I legitimately thought the guy "getting gaslighted to suicidal depression" referenced here was the Jeb! story. :smith:

Also has anyone used the word ratcucked yet? Ratcucked.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
Most likely already posted but here is the only Idaho poll I could find:

http://idahopoliticsweekly.com/politics/905-poll-trump-leads-in-idaho-ahead-of-tuesday-s-primary

quote:

Here’s what [Dan Jones & Associates] finds in the new survey, conducted Feb. 17-26:

Among Republicans:

30 percent favor Trump.
19 percent like Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.
16 percent would vote for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
5 percent prefer Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
9 percent would vote for someone else if they could.
And 11 percent don’t know.

DJ&A gets a C from RCP, also old

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Peachstapler posted:

If this was mid-February, quite good. However, Trump's polling has gone down in general so I'd expect him to win 2 of 4 at best.

You say this but at least nationally he's at an all-time high

Only registered members can see post attachments!

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
Seems like a near lock for MI, MS, maybe 50/50 in ID if you balance Sat with the poo poo poll above, HI who the gently caress knows

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Peachstapler posted:

We got Trump +11 there during a very good stretch for him in mid-February. Rubio was doing a hell of a lot better too (and it was before Carson dropped out and Mitt went on his media crusade). Cruz winning Idaho is likely but I gotta disagree with you --- I don't think there's a chance of him crossing the 50% threshold when he was at 19% two weeks ago.

Yeah, looking at the latest polls, it's probably not going to happen. Cruzmentum might be real but not that real.

Ultimately while it's a very conservative state, it doesn't seem to fit into the kind of states Cruz that has been winning (except Maine).

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

evilweasel posted:

If they shatter the party they're out of power for 10-20 years. By the time they put a coalition back together gay abortions with your government-mandated immigrant spouse are mandatory.

By 2020 they could already be strong enough to hold on to Congress, and the Senate. Six months of a Hillary or Bernie presidency will see many of those they lose come flocking back to the party. There are a lot of "social liberal, fiscal conservatives" on the Democrat side who could be won over by a reformed, moderate GOP - especially with the dim economic outlook for the next four years.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

as halfway crooks posted:

You say this but at least nationally he's at an all-time high

That didn't come out right, sorry I did not mean nationally ---- I meant he's underperforming on voting day in states where he's polled higher indicating a downtrend in support.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

as halfway crooks posted:

Seems like a near lock for MI, MS, maybe 50/50 in ID if you balance Sat with the poo poo poll above, HI who the gently caress knows

that's the way I see it currently. Michigan and Mississippi are a lock, Idaho is a tossup between him and Cruz and Hawaii is a wildcard (its a caucus so I expect Trump to be at a disadvantage).

mannerup fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 8, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Even if Trump underperforms by 10 in MI, he still wins by 10. He's got too much breathing room to lose at this point, IMO.

MS was always going to vote Trump. ID and HI though, who the gently caress knows.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
If the polls are even close to reality then it's going to be a good Trump day.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

TyrantWD posted:

By 2020 they could already be strong enough to hold on to Congress, and the Senate. Six months of a Hillary or Bernie presidency will see many of those they lose come flocking back to the party. There are a lot of "social liberal, fiscal conservatives" on the Democrat side who could be won over by a reformed, moderate GOP - especially with the dim economic outlook for the next four years.

That's called 'the base'. See all the major urban areas full of upper class educated professionals. The New Deal is dead, we are now about rewarding creative professionals and making sure that the cost of social change hit's the working class but allows the upper class to preen and act progressive. Predatory economics are ok, social liberalism will cleanse your soul. Immigration reform is not only socially progressive, it takes from working class whites and drops their wages which is better for upper class liberals, and if they complain we get to call them racist and wash our sins away with demonstrations of racial tolerance.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 8, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thing with ms is there's no early voting and if la's any indication voting day voters are split between him and cruz. i wouldn't say any of these are locks. probable, but losable

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Peel posted:

the people he owned when he arrived on the scene would be saying things like 'I think Rubio will pull it out, I feel so much more energy from his campaign, and a commitment to win' or 'how could Trump win, I don't know anybody who voted for him'

Yeah, to Nate's credit, he said "we don't know because we simply can't usefully model this" about the UK elections as well.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/LukeBrinker/status/707219680637886465

Drop out, Rubio.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 8, 2016

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Perfectly Safe posted:

Yeah, to Nate's credit, he said "we don't know because we simply can't usefully model this" about the UK elections as well.

Another great Florida poll for the Marco Maniacs:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/3/7/exclusive_political__0.html#results

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We have more details about Cruz skipping a Mississippi event with hate group leader Bryan Fisher has come out.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/crawdaddy/article64480257.html

quote:

“I got a call from the national campaign chairman and he said he’s known Cruz for a long time and he’s very very ill,” State Sen. Chris McDaniel, Cruz’s Mississippi campaign chairman, said.

“He wants to try to come. He’s been to the doctor, he got the shots, the regimen, whatever they do to treat it, and he’s still hoping to make a pop-in but there’s no way he could make it to a full rally. It sounded like he was miserable.”

McDaniel said the illness wasn’t life threatening, but it made it impossible to do a full day of campaigning. “This is difficult news to deliver, but we trust that God has a plan for the campaign and for Mississippi.”

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/politico_steve/status/707212839740690432

Marco, get out.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh god trump's poisoning his enemies now

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz ground game in Florida..a ruse?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/706177128711192582

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

God striking Cruz down with a plague is the best end to his campaign.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Trump clearly owns real estate in Nate Silver's head.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Peel posted:

God striking Cruz down with a plague is the best end to his campaign.

If God struck down Cruz with a plague, it would turn me into a devout believer.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Abel Wingnut posted:

oh god trump's poisoning his enemies now

Florida elemental.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We have more details about Cruz skipping a Mississippi event with hate group leader Bryan Fisher has come out.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/crawdaddy/article64480257.html

Ted Cruz ate a Tonsil Stone.

What? Ted Cruz is evolving!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Even if Trump underperforms by 10 in MI, he still wins by 10. He's got too much breathing room to lose at this point, IMO.

MS was always going to vote Trump. ID and HI though, who the gently caress knows.

I'm expecting MS to be closer than expected. It's the GOPe stronghold of dirty tricks.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'm expecting MS to be closer than expected. It's the GOPe stronghold of dirty tricks.

Closer than expected, likely. Trump actually losing MS, nah.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Ted Cruz ate a Tonsil Stone.

What? Ted Cruz is evolving!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh god this has to hurt

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Closer than expected, likely. Trump actually losing MS, nah.

Is that pokemon literally garbage? Apropos.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Also has anyone used the word ratcucked yet? Ratcucked.

*hits u on the snout with a rolled up newspaper* no bad bad

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh god this has to hurt

lol

CORRECTION: NOBODY LIKES TED CRUZ

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Last nights Dem town hall on fox started out as a Sanders vs Trump one on one debate before Trump backed out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/09/us/politics/fox-news-democratic-candidates.html

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Tainen posted:

Last nights Dem town hall on fox started out as a Sanders vs Trump one on one debate before Trump backed out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/09/us/politics/fox-news-democratic-candidates.html

his plate is already full of losers

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Tainen posted:

"Fox News Forum May Signal Thaw Between Democrats and Network"

Up is down, left is right. For some reason, the idea of Fox News ending up in the pocket of HRC just seems...plausible. (The article doesn't suggest anything of the sort, but as soon as it started talking about Fox courting Clinton the thought just popped in there and wouldn't go away).

I'm so confused. Everything's wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Tainen posted:

If Trump or Cruz are the candidate they'll have Hillary on a lot more.

• Locked thread