Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

some ppl never get streetpasses. i get thousands cos i live in a city but ive heard about people who get like 2 a year.

I only get them when I go to the nearest city. Usually when I visit friends I tuck it away in a pocket or something to rack up the passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

jelly of this puff puff streetpass action

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i got a fuckload of streetpasses at Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got like 50 passes when I went to see a movie at midnight and the other screen was showing Rocky horror picture show and the bar next door had a truckload of people dressed up as characters from the movie drinking beers and playing Pokemon .

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

GameCube posted:

i got a fuckload of streetpasses at Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

did you buy a poster so you could Meet and Greet the conductor? i did not.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

GameCube posted:

did you buy a poster so you could Meet and Greet the conductor? i did not.

My friend did, so I did by proxy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

does video games live still exist. I went to one of those concerts and it was badass

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Idk but I carried my 3DS in my backpack for 2 years on campus and the only street pass I would ever get was Pokemon

I only get Pokemon and Animal Crossing

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

dont they have streetpass relays in the US? in the UK all the Game (gamestop for british people) stores wifi hotspots store up to 10 streetpasses in a queue and send them on to the next people who pass by

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

does video games live still exist. I went to one of those concerts and it was badass

did tommy tallarico hop around on stage jamming the hell march on his guitar at your video games live? he did that at my video games live.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

dont they have streetpass relays in the US? in the UK all the Game (gamestop for british people) stores wifi hotspots store up to 10 streetpasses in a queue and send them on to the next people who pass by

at mcdonald's, yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube posted:

did tommy tallarico hop around on stage jamming the hell march on his guitar at your video games live? he did that at my video games live.

He played a ripping guitar solo during the Halo theme

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

the iwata asks about streetpass owns

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-As...ers-805225.html

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

He played a ripping guitar solo during the Halo theme

when i first became aware of tommy tallarico's existence through g4 tv i didn't like him. but he makes good music and he also used video games live to get ralph baer some long overdue fame. so he's cool now.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anyway, to answer your question, http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

the only american tour date in the next year is in kentucky, this thursday. so, uh, better get on that

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I've never used the street pass function on my 3ds. I have no idea what it does with most games.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GameCube posted:

anyway, to answer your question, http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

the only american tour date in the next year is in kentucky, this thursday. so, uh, better get on that

How does eku get this

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I grinded to get a gyrados but unlike in other versions when they learn something good right away after evolving they just learn bite in rby.

Good stats though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bite is good. plus u can teach it a million tms.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
bite is so good in the entire series

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

GameCube posted:

I want co-op pokemon

You can do it in ORAS but only using infrared so if you move either DS it resets lmafo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anything that causes flinching is cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm a serene grace headbutt dunsparce

dunsparce rules

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

i'm a serene grace headbutt dunsparce

dunsparce rules

I had a serene grace air slash togekiss in Y version. he won me a lot of versus battles.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Evil Eagle posted:

I had a serene grace air slash togekiss in Y version. he won me a lot of versus battles.

That is very strong. I made a super luck scope lens togekiss with Nasty Plot instead because I'm retarted but enjoy having a good time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know its just for completing the pokedex but having a level 3 wigglytuff is a hard pill to swallow. So much wasted potential.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Hall of Fame baby.

In Training posted:

I know its just for completing the pokedex but having a level 3 wigglytuff is a hard pill to swallow. So much wasted potential.

yeah that's pretty hosed and probably what i'm going to do as i finish up the pokédex.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

Hall of Fame baby.

yeah that's pretty hosed and probably what i'm going to do as i finish up the pokédex.

you bailed on your starter and it was Pikachu in Yellow. that's harsh. still i appreciate this sweet team and the pics

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dayman was my fave

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

you bailed on your starter and it was Pikachu in Yellow. that's harsh. still i appreciate this sweet team and the pics

Would have had Raichu instead of jolt but such is life in Yellow version. Perhaps I can trade with a friend and have them evolve my Pikachu.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

Would have had Raichu instead of jolt but such is life in Yellow version. Perhaps I can trade with a friend and have them evolve my Pikachu.

ye true, it's tuff that you cant walk your own path

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pokemon Yellow always seemed like a joke to me; even as a kid.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Pokemon Yellow always seemed like a joke to me; even as a kid.

the sprites were too goofy for me

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

the sprites were too goofy for me

I don't know what you are saying. They are the least goofy of all gen1 games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got about 80 Pokemon and I'm starting to think about all the glitches and crap I will have to do to finish it so I'm going to start that process now and glitch myself one billion master balls, calcium and rare candies to speed the process along.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

I don't know what you are saying. They are the least goofy of all gen1 games

what i'm saying is that the sprites in Pokémon Yellow were cringe-level goofy to me, compared to Red/Blue, and honestly they still are

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ah nevermind, I'm stoned off my rear end. I was thinking of the sprites from pokémon green

here are the sprites from yellow

for some reason I thought yellow had these terrible sprites and it put me off buying it. now that I see that it doesn't I'm gonna buy it as well and finally play it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I still stand by my statement that Red/Blue has better sprites than Yellow, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're out of your mind. It's the Pokemon you love in full blown color.

• Locked thread