Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

hopterque posted:

You're right, WARBEASTY is worse, but only barely.

http://warships.today/player/1001205971/na/WARBEASTY

What the gently caress is the "server average" when you mouse over segments on the bar graph? It's telling me that Warbeasty's 27.69% win rate in the Hakuryu puts him just barely in the top half of NA Hakuryu players?

EDIT: Apparently Warbeasty actually has a ship he seems to do well with. You'll never guess what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Oh I did find the settings, the problem is all the options are both turned on and greyed out, and all the exclusion addition options on that page are also greyed out.

Some googling led to this. If that doesn't work, maybe start a thread in Haus of Tech Support.

book
Nov 29, 2014

wdarkk posted:

What the gently caress is the "server average" when you mouse over segments on the bar graph? It's telling me that Warbeasty's 27.69% win rate in the Hakuryu puts him just barely in the top half of NA Hakuryu players?

EDIT: Apparently Warbeasty actually has a ship he seems to do well with. You'll never guess what it is.

No, I think that just says the server average is 51%. Also, this website is pretty sweet. Did it recently get implemented? Back when I played there was only warshipstats really.

http://warships.today/player/1014812916/na/denghis

I'm bad at destroyers. No surprise there.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
http://warships.today/player/500008639/eu/hopterque

My winrate seems to go down as I play better.

I guess it's probably more I tend to play better when the team is bad because I have to try and carry, but I'm not good enough to do actually do it successfully at a high rate.

Menelven
Mar 28, 2010

This was a good round, shot down many a plane, capped a couple of points. If only every game could be like this.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I'm debating respecing my shima captain again.

I'm not sure if I like having torp acceleration over extra time in smoke. I also don't think I need last stand.

Just really sucks without having some perks to reduce reload time of torps... anyone want to weigh in.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

hopterque posted:

http://warships.today/player/500008639/eu/hopterque

My winrate seems to go down as I play better.

I guess it's probably more I tend to play better when the team is bad because I have to try and carry, but I'm not good enough to do actually do it successfully at a high rate.

I'm convinced the game stacks against you. The better I do, the more I'm at the top of the scoreboard with an extra loss on the record.

Like I said, I kept getting poo poo lords on my team over and over... not to mention I'm constantly against 2 Yamato's in my Izumo. I know we've got a lot of good players in this thread that seem to be able to overcome time and time again, I guess I'm not good enough to be the sole reason my team wins every time out.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Is there a good rule of thumb for the amount of damage you should be putting out in order not to actively hinder your team?

I've been using the tanks rule of your HP or higher to mean that you sucked but you weren't a drain. Double your HP means you were contributing, etc.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

squidflakes posted:

Is there a good rule of thumb for the amount of damage you should be putting out in order not to actively hinder your team?

I've been using the tanks rule of your HP or higher to mean that you sucked but you weren't a drain. Double your HP means you were contributing, etc.
I mean, a team where everyone did double their HP in damage would crush every game. I.E. Tirpitz's doing 120k+, etc. Most pubbies don't come anywhere near that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

cheese posted:

I mean, a team where everyone did double their HP in damage would crush every game. I.E. Tirpitz's doing 120k+, etc. Most pubbies don't come anywhere near that.

Yeah, it's not mathematically possible for your team to all do twice their HP in damage, barring something weird like 12 Shimikazes vs 12 Yamatos.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

If most players on your team are playing decently, it's generally difficult to get double your hp in damage unless you're in a destroyer, especially as you get higher up in tier. Teams generally have around the same total hp, after all, so if most players do well it's far harder to put up an exceptional number. There's also the issue that if you're exclusively focusing on damage, you may be a poo poo player regardless. Battleships that hide at the back of the line leaving the cruisers to take all the fire or cruisers that leave pushing battleships exposed to destroyers and massed enemy ships are both lovely players, regardless of how much damage they actually manage to cause.

And yes, while many players who play like that are generally crap overall, there are ones that actually do have somewhat decent aim and can do good damage. They're still a poo poo player though.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

wdarkk posted:

Yeah, it's not mathematically possible for your team to all do twice their HP in damage, barring something weird like 12 Shimikazes vs 12 Yamatos.
Ya I just mean if everyone on your team is playing on that level, its going to be a hilarious crushing win.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Well I just got solo warrior. I'm finally that guy. Feels good man.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If everybody on my team could at least manage to get one kill before dying, we'd never lose.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Any ideas why the game has gone from never crashing to frequently crashing since the last big patch?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

MrKatharsis posted:

Well I just got solo warrior. I'm finally that guy. Feels good man.

What ship were you in?

Also, I kind of move around where I think a personal good game is depending on circumstances. If I do just my HP in damage while driving my Mogami in a Tier X match, that's a great game in my opinion, but just my HP in my Nuremberg in a Tier VI match is a meh game.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

http://warships.today/player/1012893684/na/grinze

I'm trash above tier V. Once in a while I'll get a really good game where I end up with something like 4k experience but I'll follow it up with a poo poo time in the pcola :suicide:

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/patch-alert-0532/

from the website posted:

Camouflage

Added two new camos:

Type 5 Camo: Gives both bonuses to concealment (3%) and accuracy decreases for enemies that fire at this ship (4%)
Type 6 Camo: gives same bonuses as Type 5 and in addition improves the experience earned in battle (2x improvement)
Other changes to camouflage

All permanent camos (including Premium ship camo) now also give bonuses for concealment and accuracy decreases for enemy ships
Special camos (Halloween camo, Ranked battles camos, New Year camos) now also give bonuses for concealment and accuracy decreases for enemy ships
Permanent camos of upgradable ships now also give additional discounts to repair costs (10% for Tier IX ships, 5% for other Tier ships)
For consistency reasons, the numeric numbers of some camo titles were changed

This is probably good news? at least for people with permanent camo, Type 5 and 6 sound like premium camo to me.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
drat, I suck.

http://warships.today/player/1000025264/na/WadeWilson

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I would not have expected my first Kraken award to be from a 7 vs 7 battle in the Kolberg, but there it is. :v:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

MoraleHazard posted:

What ship were you in?

Also, I kind of move around where I think a personal good game is depending on circumstances. If I do just my HP in damage while driving my Mogami in a Tier X match, that's a great game in my opinion, but just my HP in my Nuremberg in a Tier VI match is a meh game.

Minekaze, which makes it a lot easier.

It was really like shooting fish in a barrel. A Tier III cruiser with 1000 hp left turned around to stop the cap but he ate a torpedo without ever seeing me.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Fizzil posted:

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/patch-alert-0532/

This is probably good news? at least for people with permanent camo, Type 5 and 6 sound like premium camo to me.
Nope. Type 5 is for Kamikaze R. No idea about Type 6 but definitely not Sims (Type 7) or MK/Atago/Tirpitz/Iowa (Type 8).

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008

Wade Wilson posted:

drat, I suck.

I suck more :(

http://warships.today/player/1015450109/na/LakeEffectSnow

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

http://warships.today/player/1000708550/na/Tallian

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

There seem to be a lot of people posting their warships.today ratings without ever idling in discord to division with goons

Hint : if you division with goons you win more, if you win more you have more fun

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I just got a citadel hit with HE. Firing at a Bogue in my Cleveland from 14km, shots were going in a crazy high arc and one volley had a citadel hit in it lol. Didn't even know that was possible.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've been downgraded from "good at cruisers" to just "plays cruisers." I'm not sure why. I feel like I've gotten better.

http://warships.today/player/1006839667/na/Minenfeld1

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Minenfeld! posted:

I've been downgraded from "good at cruisers" to just "plays cruisers." I'm not sure why. I feel like I've gotten better.

http://warships.today/player/1006839667/na/Minenfeld1
Probably your Atago win rate which is low.

quote:

OrangeCarebear on North-American server
High level overview

Mostly plays cruisers, especially high-tier and is excellent in them
Deals a large amount of damage
Extremely often uses torpedoes (when in ships that have them)
Key vehicle - Atago
:smug: Atago is hard!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Pacra posted:

There seem to be a lot of people posting their warships.today ratings without ever idling in discord to division with goons

Hint : if you division with goons you win more, if you win more you have more fun

Amen! Testify brother Pacra Testify!!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fun thing I found while trying to use a bad player's link with the name swapped for mine is that the number seems to be the bit keyed to your stats. The name is just to put it in the page.

http://warships.today/player/1001205971/na/DemonR6

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Hooray! I'm average!

http://warships.today/player/1000042891/na/Kesper

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Key vehicle - Atlanta

I believe that I have found the problem right here. :v:

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

cheese posted:

Probably your Atago win rate which is low.

:smug: Atago is hard!

I bought the Atago when I started playing. I must've done really, really badly early on. If you look at the more recent stats, my Atago is a little above average. I love that ship.

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008

Pacra posted:

I don't have a microphone. What's the point of discord without one?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Lake Effect posted:

Ask Pacra about that.

Also ask him about the time he blew up my Warspite by accident with main battery fire.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008

Lake Effect posted:

There's also a chat? You can ask people to div up in it?

Saying that though, I have idled in the WoWs channel for hours without anyone joining or anyone looking to div up.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

wdarkk posted:

Ask Pacra about that.

Also ask him about the time he blew up my Warspite by accident with main battery fire.

I frequently don't have a mic and just chill there to IM dudes and then play. But then sometimes I do. There's four people in WoWS discord now.

Sometimes there's no one, other times there's two divisions worth, sometimes we have enough for a full team battle and then some. Depends on the day.

Also wdarkk that wasn't me that was some other goon :pwn:

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

cheese posted:

I just got a citadel hit with HE. Firing at a Bogue in my Cleveland from 14km, shots were going in a crazy high arc and one volley had a citadel hit in it lol. Didn't even know that was possible.

Carriers are really the only ships this happens regularly against. I was a bit surprised in a recent game where 6" AP shells hitting a Hosho deck almost vertically were bouncing. But if you're close enough to hit the hull even HE will rip those early carriers apart.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Taking Yorck out for a spin :getin:

Pacra fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008
Oh my. First time divisioning up with goons tonight off of discord. Don't need a mic, just speak up in chat and ask questions and div up. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun with goons.

Hat's off to Pacra (and his play)