Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Nondevor posted:

Sorry for momentarily making GBS threads up the thread earlier, but I have a request for you all.

I just received the news that my dog will likely die in the next few days if she doesn't undergo surgery. Somehow her uterus got infected and pus was building up enough so that it was dangerously close to rupturing. We decided to put her into surgery, but it's worrying because I'm thousands of miles away from home.

Pictures of fluffy dogs/Lhasa Apsos please. :(

Would hair metal pugs do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfoJnKvpzvA

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Had a bit of a rough day yesterday, was too tired to even make it to bed so fell asleep on the floor after eating. Shirt dumped next to me. Woke up to the sound of a chainsaw under the shirt which now was a lot bigger a pile than expected and had a tail flicking back and forth. Turns out the cat I was coming to look after for a bit was really happy to see me again :kimchi:

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry but this is a sad sad news :(

A garden center in my town (Quebec City, Quebec, Canada) burned in the sunday-monday night. So, no human life lost but...

It happened at the same time of some seasonal educational activities for kids.

1 - "Papillons en fête": They had a big greenhouse with thousands of butterflies roaming freely, that you can visit and let them go on you.

2 - "Educazoo": A business with more than 75 species of exotic animal. They educate, showing people that rats, snakes, lizards, mices, rats, ferets (and so on) are cute and cool and not to be feared of.

This is the news of the fire:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-fire-4-alarm-garden-1.3478755

quote:

About 140 animals died in the fire. Firefighters were able to save four.

:( And all the butterflies died too.

The animals weren't assurance covered...

I don't know if I can post this kind of thing here but the "Educazoo" business has an emergency GoFundMe to get back on their feet

https://www.gofundme.com/w8tagvrg

Here's some pictures of their animals... some of them died in that fire :( Let's have a last smile with them...

(I am not affiliated with the garden center that burned or the Educazoo business. Sorry for my English)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I chipped in. That's so sad.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

I chipped in. That's so sad.

Same.

How can you say no to those eyes? Poor big (and small) scaly things. :(

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

i want to kiss that snake softly on its nose, and now i never will :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
How on earth do people find huge snakes cute by any metric?

The only reaction I have is to run screaming in the other direction.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
They have rounded, bubbly features that make them look contantly pleasant or jovial. They're big, meaty, warm, and soft, not 'scaly' at all, and like to cuddle and play. It's just a puppy without legs.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They have rounded, bubbly features that make them look contantly pleasant or jovial. They're big, meaty, warm, and soft, not 'scaly' at all, and like to cuddle and play. It's just a puppy without legs.

bonus cute snake:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Alter Ego posted:

I wouldn't react well to being near a snake IRL, but I think pictures of them can be pretty cute sometimes. That one in particular is pretty cute, but I wouldn't have it on my like in that other picture.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Alter Ego posted:

What they said, but also the fact that I don't live somewhere you need to watch out for snakes. The only ones I've seen in the wild are garter snakes, which are not scary at all. The only experiences I've had re: snakes are seeing those, ones in zoos, ones at pet stores (I really wanted a ball python as a kid), and ones I got to pet at reptile shows.

I also find sharks and gators cute, though, so I probably don't have the same cuteness standards as most people. :shrug:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

:gonk:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Stroop There It Is posted:

What they said, but also the fact that I don't live somewhere you need to watch out for snakes. The only ones I've seen in the wild are garter snakes, which are not scary at all. The only experiences I've had re: snakes are seeing those, ones in zoos, ones at pet stores (I really wanted a ball python as a kid), and ones I got to pet at reptile shows.

I also find sharks and gators cute, though, so I probably don't have the same cuteness standards as most people. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm in the same place. I really want myself a snake/lizard pet, be it a python, beardie, rhino iguana, or whatnot. They're super cute, and like Strangers said, they're like chill puppies with scales. I would totally get a mini gator/croc if such a thing existed. :allears: I think it's the whole 'lay around and wait for the food to come to you with your mouth open' thing.

But yeah, same as with big cats, I think the more dangerous a thing is, the cuter it is when they act cute. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIA7yP94GyI

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I like pictures of snakes more than I like actual snakes. I think this is because I'm not used to them and I find the way they move unsettling.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Sorry but this is a sad sad news :(

some of them died in that fire :( Let's have a last smile with them...

A tragedy, but some good came of it. I like to think the firemen who went in and saved the 4 animals saw this lil guy by the door and said 'gently caress that'.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Blackchamber posted:

A tragedy, but some good came of it. I like to think the firemen who went in and saved the 4 animals saw this lil guy by the door and said 'gently caress that'.

They could've at least tried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yqfUhc4FQY

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Beat me to it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Final Catasy Tactics

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
My American Bombay Assassin is amused (and purring and needy and vocal)

Humbug Scoolbus has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Mar 8, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My American Bombay Assassin is amused (and purring and needy and vocal)

That's all Bombay blacks, all the time though. :confused:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Look at my weird cat

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Klaus88 posted:

That's all Bombay blacks, all the time though. :confused:
Can confirm

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

CherryCola posted:

Look at my weird cat

One of our cats will panic and run if you rustle a plastic grocery bag, but she's totally fine sitting or nesting on one :rolleyes:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

An educational zoo burning down is some of the most depressing poo poo I can think of, goddamn :smith:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

CherryCola posted:

Look at my weird cat

"HEEEEEEY YOUUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS"

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Abyssinian (nearly) bard to the rescue!

You know, later

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Blackchamber posted:

Fun fact: Most tarantulas kept in captivity are female. Males only live about a year but the girls live 20-40 years.

"Sorry little lady, today is not your day."

Tarantulas can be surprisingly pretty!

Antilles Pink-Toe Tarantula

Sri Lankan Tarantula

So bright and colorful!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I would totally get a mini gator/croc if such a thing existed. :allears:

They exist, they just get really big after a while. :v:
Also, they make the cutest sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfciCu8wY8

Best thing is how they always look like they're smiling:

The jolliest murdermachines

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Its cute but if you ever hear that sound in the wild it's the most terrifying thing imaginable, because it means mom is nearby, and mommy gators are insanely protective.

Then again, the fact that a big scaly "will eat anything" lizard is so protective of her babies is kinda cute:3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Baby snakes are pretty cute.

Not so sure about a big one but I'd be willing to pet a friendly one.

(Can...can you pet snakes? Is that a thing that they like? Are they actually capable of showing affection beyond "hello warm creature I will slither on you and steal body heat because you are not a threat to me"?)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Safari Disco Lion posted:

(Can...can you pet snakes? Is that a thing that they like? Are they actually capable of showing affection beyond "hello warm creature I will slither on you and steal body heat because you are not a threat to me"?)

Dunno, but I read about a guy in...I think it was south america somewhere who found a gator that had been shot. He nursed it back to health, and it would follow him (and only him) around like a dog. Sometimes it would flip over for tummy rubs.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Mar 9, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

balls

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Snakes don't really have the capacity for affection but they tend to like (or at least tolerate) being pet depending on breed. Most are head shy (meaning they get spooked if you try to touch their head) but a couple months back I met a big red tailed boa who had been conditioned out of it. She would nuzzle your hand for pets like a puppy. :kimchi:

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I think there might even be some species that are perpetually small and adorable. I totally want to keep but know nothing about them so I'll wait till I can do all the approps research because d'awwww i love lil lizards and snakes and all things tiny and adorable, scaly or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Antilles Pink-Toe Tarantula

Vaporwave spider?

now some cute food:

These new google recaptchas are getting way too tricky

• Locked thread