Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Soulex posted:

So the Mage guild floating orb thing got changed to reveal invisible people but gives help to crit if slotted. I was angrily pressing it over and over again wondering why it went away.

Pretty sure it's always done those things, only now it's a passive and not a toggle. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Thieves' Guild first impressions:
-the new map is not super big, but it looks really nice
-useable trophies having their own menu freed up a fair amount of inventory space
-new music is nice
-plenty of players treating the quests in Abadah's Landing like they are dungeons and getting murdered by guards for my enjoyment

And finally the best reward for completing Cadwell's Gold:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Time to get off my rear end and complete gold it seems!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Only issue with Cadwell's spare PotHelm is that it's a costume, so you can't wear other costumes or have it visible with the guild tabard equipped. :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

quote:

Heavy Weapons: Fixed an issue where the Axe Bleed proc from this passive ability was triggering 100% of the time.

dang

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good loving lord.

>Go into PvP
>Run into a DC/EP fight
>Start my rotation
>ESO HAS STOPPED WORKING

repeat ad infinitum

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Man, I'm getting some really wonky audio with the 64 bit client. Like, I was walking down a road and all of a sudden I hear the sound of siege weaponry as if it's right next to me. And then a lizard made the sound a netch does. I don't even know what the hell.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Now that is the Elder Scrolls experience I know so well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Magicka Detonation Trip Report: loving AWESOME. Took the Prox Det morph because ~*PvP*~

My Nightblade was obliterating mobs when spec'd for tank mode, and hitting bosses in Veteran Fungal Grotto for 13k a det.

20/10 would recommend again.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Okay so I'm bored as poo poo and I'm thinking seriously about buying the super deluxe $99.99 edition on the PS4 that starts you out with some fake monies and a horse. It's between this and Final Fantasy, and while FFXIV seems really neat I honestly just want something to play casually. So pros for me as far as The Elder Scrolls

-familiar with the gameplay and lore and all that

-I don't mind doing poo poo by myself and sometimes even prefer that so I can just kind of gently caress off and "go afk" for a while

-I've got a guy at work who is super into the game and said he'd roll a new toon to start out with me.

Should I just say gently caress it and go for it?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Santheb posted:

Okay so I'm bored as poo poo and I'm thinking seriously about buying the super deluxe $99.99 edition on the PS4 that starts you out with some fake monies and a horse. It's between this and Final Fantasy, and while FFXIV seems really neat I honestly just want something to play casually. So pros for me as far as The Elder Scrolls

-I don't mind doing poo poo by myself and sometimes even prefer that so I can just kind of gently caress off and "go afk" for a while

-I've got a guy at work who is super into the game and said he'd roll a new toon to start out with me.

Sure why not. Also I'll play with you and roll a fresh character but you have to promise me never to call them "toons" where I can hear you.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

titties posted:

Sure why not. Also I'll play with you and roll a fresh character but you have to promise me never to call them "toons" where I can hear you.

Old habits dude sorry. Done deal.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

What's wrong with calling them 'toons'?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Santheb posted:

The Imperial Edition? Not worth the money. Just skip it unless you're OCD and have disposable income. The Adventurer Pack is a necessity. Get the base edition and that, instead.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

bradybunch posted:

I've never heard them called 'toons anywhere but this thread.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

JackBadass posted:

I've never heard them called 'toons anywhere but this thread.

It's been in every mmo I've played. From City of Heroes to World of Warcraft.

Having fun with sorcerer still! So much fun taking down a group of three mobs a few levels higher than you. Might end up specing away from daedraeic summoning though because the pets a re a tad buggy even though the threat gen is nice when soloing.

I also might try pvp soon. I know I'll inevitably get my poo poo pushed in due to level scaling but I'm curious about it.

I also just learned that you have add stuff to your weapons. Like destruction staff levels up yeah, but all that poo poo isn't passive. Let out a big sigh when I saw that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

So I'm still saving up mats to make VR16 gear, and was planning on skipping VR 15 altogether. With just VR14 stuff my magdk post buffs I have like, oh, ~28-30k magicka, 2600 spell damage, and 60% spell crit or whatever. That's with five piece of julianos, torugs on shoulders and helm, 5/1/1 for undaunted passive and torugs on my s&b and destro staff. Is that enough to possibly do some VR pledges?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Berke Negri posted:

So I'm still saving up mats to make VR16 gear, and was planning on skipping VR 15 altogether. With just VR14 stuff my magdk post buffs I have like, oh, ~28-30k magicka, 2600 spell damage, and 60% spell crit or whatever. That's with five piece of julianos, torugs on shoulders and helm, 5/1/1 for undaunted passive and torugs on my s&b and destro staff. Is that enough to possibly do some VR pledges?
They keep dragging my unqualified, undergeared rear end through them, so you should be more than fine.

Sogol posted:

So that is a pretty major set of skill changes with no respec from them. Same with CP's.
AGggh.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

Depends on what you're after. If you're just going for gold keys, then drag along a V1 as crown and just plow through it. You'll be more than fine.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We did our first cross faction pledge last night. Yay! One piece of weirdness at the top where we got kicked out that I don't understand, but good other than that. Thank you! I only died a couple of times from getting caught standing in stupid and am resetting some things on the stamplar as a result of the run. Since team pledge kills things so quickly I was mostly just trying to find the healers and ranged attack and kill them.

I am confused about my dk in a good way. The changes to the destro dot, dk heals and thaumaturge are great. My dps is nothing to crow about, but noticeably higher running a flames, talon, ash, destro AoE pit. Things my level and a couple above just melt, often before I can get through a full rotation. The dps does not show as particularly amazing (around 8.5k on same level critters in Juliano's/Twilight at v2), but things are dying quickly and I was able to easily solo a dolmen in caldwells (so no battle leveling) at my level. I haven't been able to do that without a lot of struggle on other classes. I am not even running resto. Switched to double destro using the dk self heals. I don't actually understand it, which means I am not sure what to do to make it better.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Does this game have recruit-a-friend trial keys?

I'm taking next week off, as a nice little vacation between quitting my old job and starting my new one, and I've been missing Skyrim. I thought I'd look at this again. I tried the open beta back when and gave it only a couple of hours before I said "Nah..."

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

It might be hard to believe from the general tone of this thread, but running pledges with goons is a chill, enjoyable time regardless of gear or build. You'll be fine.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

bradybunch posted:

Nothing if it's 2003 and you're playing Everquest nerd

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

tgidieday posted:

It might be hard to believe from the general tone of this thread, but running pledges with goons is a chill, enjoyable time regardless of gear or build. You'll be fine.

I guess I should clarify, I meant PUGs since my hours are very irregular for when I have time to play.

Edit: though I'm currently working on the TG storyline and now that nodes give VR16 mats 100% of the time it may not be too long before I can put together a full set of VR16 gear so there is that too, the toughest is going to be all the goddamn ancestor silk but I think I recall hearing that weapons are the bigger difference for VR16?

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 9, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

tgidieday posted:

Speaking of which, did cross faction PVE grouping go in with Thieves guild, or is it waiting for Dark Brotherhood?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

For goon runs: decent enough. I have prox det so now everything will melt in dungeons.

For PUGs: Probably won't work as well, since the majority of people are now asking for DPS parses all over the place.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I think I'll just wait to gather enough material on my own, if I don't manage to catch a goon group. I refined out like a 100 things just last night for each type of mat, its not SO bad when it isn't coming in at 1 piece per equipment or 30% chance it will be the right type of mat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Speaking of which, did cross faction PVE grouping go in with Thieves guild, or is it waiting for Dark Brotherhood?

True cross-faction is now a thing. In fact now we have Sogol running pledges with us on his DC stamplar.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

the easiest is going to be all the goddamn ancestor silk

There you go.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

True cross-faction is now a thing. In fact now we have Sogol running pledges with us on his DC stamplar.

Well, that's an exaggeration. It's mostly me watching, figuring out what is going to kill me by getting killed and you guys clearing the dungeon... But it is cross faction. I can tell because of the frequent crashes.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Sogol posted:

Well, that's an exaggeration. It's mostly me watching, figuring out what is going to kill me by getting killed and you guys clearing the dungeon... But it is cross faction. I can tell because of the frequent crashes.

Here's a tip I learned while running pledges with ennu and pluto: DON'T stand in the red circle. No, blocking WILL NOT help. No, really, red circle bad.

Granted, this is only worthwhile advice if you're dumb enough to do it multiple times. Like me.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

titties posted:

Nothing if it's 2003 and you're playing Everquest nerd

The last MMO I played was Project 1999. I'd still be playing it if I could figure out a way to get space for a small desk and monitor in my room instead of gaming from the couch. EQ was stupid and brutal and at the same time the best gaming experience I've ever had.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 9, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Sogol posted:

gettin' killed with the wrecking crew

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

gettin' killed with the wrecking crew

We don't scale down and rarely explain the mechanics. You guys did good.

Along those lines, only half of those red circles are genuinely dangerous. Which presents a new danger: switch between magicka and stamina enough and you'll start forgetting which half is which.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The thieves guild style armor is ridiculously good-looking, as is the new Abahs Landing guard style armor and Iron Wheel. If they keep this up its going to eventually be a problem where all the launch era motifs are going to need a serious facelift, which I'm not going to hold my breath over. But I got a full set of the thieves guild style from doing the quests (light armor) and it is a big difference how the pieces have a lot of like...weight, I suppose to them. While if you look at the old motifs it's got that really painted on the skin look.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I typically don't do dungeons, since they're all dull as dirt, but I thought to myself "I'm V16 now. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do the Undaunted dailies and maybe run a few extra here and there to level up the Undaunted line. Not like I'm doing anything else. It'll be fun". Used the group finder, and 20 minutes of waiting later I was doing Direfrost's non-vet daily. We get maybe halfway through, and mid boss fight, the group leader kicks me.

Fun stuff.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

JackBadass posted:

I typically don't do dungeons, since they're all dull as dirt, but I thought to myself "I'm V16 now. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do the Undaunted dailies and maybe run a few extra here and there to level up the Undaunted line. Not like I'm doing anything else. It'll be fun". Used the group finder, and 20 minutes of waiting later I was doing Direfrost's non-vet daily. We get maybe halfway through, and mid boss fight, the group leader kicks me.

Fun stuff.

My boyfriend got immediately kicked from a group yesterday for being a bow Nightblade :saddowns:
This is like Monster Hunter build elitists all over again. No Sharpness+1??? KICK!!!!

Edit: Btw invite me @Raruna. Since cross-faction stuff is working properly now, I'm down.

Raruna fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 9, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yeh, I mostly stay out of the stupid (red) with some exceptions. It often creeps up on me though and I die as I am rolling away. As I learn the boss behaviors that predict it I should get better. I turned down particles and it helped me actually be able to sort what was what a bit. Sometimes there is so much going on I can't even find my own avatar.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Raruna posted:

bow nightblade... invite

:negative: Invite sent.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Sogol posted:

particles

Does that turn off the red=interrupt, white=block glowy streaks as well? If so, you might want a combat cloud-style "interrupt now!" mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

tgidieday posted:

:negative: Invite sent.

Come on man, they just got a 15% damage boost on their sustained damage with the new Hawk Eye. Surely they can't be that bad.

(also as a side note the new Igneous Weapons is the coolest poo poo in the planet)

• Locked thread