Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That was so loving vile.

Yup, that was the most dirty campaign I've ever seen in my life. Even worse they got rewarded for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

7of7 posted:

Screenshot in case they realize what they've done.

Beautiful.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 8, 2016

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

7of7 posted:

Screenshot in case they realize what they've done.

Literally everything is wrong with this tweet.

A veteran deeply involved in veterans' affairs, who got her legs blown off in Iraq, not standing up for veterans.

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 8, 2016

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Slate Action posted:

e: they already took it down, here is a screenshot.

Colour me confused, whats the context of this tweet?

edit: never mind. Google solved this

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

computer parts posted:

Bad news, it'll just lead to "Trump's going to sweep the general" slap fights.

This is Debate and Discussion. It's slap fights all the way down.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Rhesus Pieces posted:

A veteran deeply involved in veterans' affairs, who got her legs blown off in Iraq, not standing up for veterans.

Wikipedia posted:

Duckworth was fitted for prosthetics and is now fully mobile. She helped establish the Intrepid Foundation to help injured veterans.[15]

Duckworth was appointed Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs by Governor Rod Blagojevich[16][17][18] from November 21, 2006 to February 8, 2009. She was honored by Chicago's Access Living for "her extraordinary commitment to veterans with disabilities".[19]

Former Republican Presidential candidate and Senator Bob Dole dedicated his biography One Soldier's Story in part to Duckworth.[27] Duckworth credits Dole for inspiring her to pursue public service while she recuperated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center although, in 2006, Dole endorsed Duckworth's Republican opponent, Peter Roskam.[28]

At the AmVets' National Symposium for the Needs of Young Veterans in 2012, Duckworth called for improvements in veterans health care. She called for mandatory funding of veterans' health care, rather than discretionary funding that could change with political winds; she also wants improvements in transition assistance for those returning to civilian life, particularly for those with disabilities. Duckworth also wanted the Department of Veterans Affairs to hire more veterans as doctors and nurses because they understand what combat veterans face, and she wants the VA to prepare for the possibility of severe respiratory problems in the future for Iraq war veterans.[51]

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
e: gently caress poe and his laws

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

No True Veteran until Republicans literally vote in a live mortar shell or land mine to office.

I'll take my royalty check in the mail, The Onion, thank you.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I believe they're called bullets.

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Unsurprisingly one of the people who liked that tweet has a Confederate battle flag for a profile picture.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
in all seriousness, what the gently caress is wrong with the gop? how is there literally an entire political wing united in this frothing, petulant hatred of all living things? what the gently caress?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luminous Obscurity posted:

in all seriousness, what the gently caress is wrong with the gop? how is there literally an entire political wing united in this frothing, petulant hatred of all living things? what the gently caress?

Team politics and spite are a hell of a drug.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Because moderates still vote republican.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Because :911:, my friend.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Of couse they doubled down

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/707308748310781952

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

White Americans are, like, really bad.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Slate Action posted:

e: they already took it down, here is a screenshot.

What in the actual gently caress

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

As a white american I can confirm this.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nobody would be dumb enough to write or approve that tweet if it was intentional. Probably some staffer who didn't know any better, and got several frantic phone calls within 30 seconds of posting it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

Good thing I am Caucasian.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Petulant shits.

"It's your fault I'm so terrible!"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, everyone saying, "Oh, well, clearly the RNC intended this and they're playing 11-dimension chess:smug:"? You're wrong. This was a fuckup on their part.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mdemone posted:

Nobody would be dumb enough to write or approve that tweet if it was intentional.

Hello and welcome to the 2016 Republican primary, enjoy your stay

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

For those not in on the joke, Duckworth is in a wheelchair after losing her legs in a helicopter crash while serving in Iraq, so it works on a lot of levels

Edit - beaten like a mule

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 8, 2016

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Epic High Five posted:

For those not in on the joke, Duckworth is in a wheelchair after losing her legs in a helicopter crash while serving in Iraq, so it works on a lot of levels

But did she pay for her chair?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Er, I don't get it. Did they just retweet the same picture of the deleted Tweet over some garbled zoomed-in text?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Er, I don't get it. Did they just retweet the same picture of the deleted Tweet over some garbled zoomed-in text?

That's how it looks when a tweet contains multiple pictures, you have to click on it (possibly twice, if you're coming from SA) to get the full view.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So playing around with 270 to win I tried to narrow the states down to those who are most likely going to go Dem and those most likely to go GOP. Does this seem reasonable?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/azZ8L

In that scenario the Dems just need to win one of Ohio/Virginia/Florida/North Carolina to win. Which seems like an absolute gimmie.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So playing around with 270 to win I tried to narrow the states down to those who are most likely going to go Dem and those most likely to go GOP. Does this seem reasonable?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/azZ8L

In that scenario the Dems just need to win one of Ohio/Virginia/Florida/North Carolina to win. Which seems like an absolute gimmie.

The dems are going to win Virginia, because the Governor desperately wants that cabinet position.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Some of you are really amateurs at this Chaos Election business: :yum:
http://www.270towin.com/maps/MYdG2

For additional infuriation, have the latest excellently written, in-depth, horrifying article from the New Yorker about juveniles who get labeled as sex offenders forever and ever and usually kill themselves yay :911: :toot:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Just so this won't be missed,

quote:

At a July 2012 campaign event, Walsh accused [Duckworth] of politicizing both her military service as a helicopter pilot and her Iraq War injuries which cost her both legs and the partial use of one arm. He said, "my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, the men and women who served us, it's the last thing in the world they talk about."

"Will you shut about your heroic sacrifice, it's just not fair!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

The dems are going to win Virginia, because the Governor desperately wants that cabinet position.

For him it's up, out, or cable news. I know which choice I'd prefer.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Quorum posted:

That's how it looks when a tweet contains multiple pictures, you have to click on it (possibly twice, if you're coming from SA) to get the full view.

Got it, thanks.

e: Yuck, it's pretty gross. Instead of admitting they hosed up, they double-downed on some other low blow. Classy. :thumbsup:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

VanSandman posted:

How much influence does a governor really have to help?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much influence does a governor really have to help?

For that we'll turn to Jeb! in 2000...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's incredibly ironic that no matter what anti-Trump GOP establishment types try to attack him on and distance themselves from, it'll only backfire because Trump embodies everything the GOP really represents but doesn't own up to. It's a supreme example of self-delusion at its best/worst and they've painted themselves into this corner for decades now.

There's a massive cognitive dissonance and divide between what people like David Brooks like to imagine the GOP is supposed to be (serious responsible government, stable and principled) and what the GOP is in reality (ie Trump).

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 8, 2016

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

VanSandman posted:

And Trump's unfavorable numbers are really high in VA (even with Republicans). VA was a purple state trending blue, but Trump would put it solidly on the Democrat's side in 2016.

TyrantWD fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 8, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

For no reason I just remembered Trump mocking that disabled NYT reporter during that rally of his some months back. gently caress that man. How can ANYONE defend that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For no reason I just remembered Trump mocking that disabled NYT reporter during that rally of his some months back. gently caress that man. How can ANYONE defend that?

The GOP is the party of "gently caress You, Got Mine", and Trump has just fully embraced the "gently caress You" part since he's already "Got His".

• Locked thread