Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

ItBurns posted:

Are gathering and PvP dailies on the same day counterintuitive? Is getting PvP potions for PvP dailies or wood for wooding dailies preventing people from PvPing or wooding? Are people who have never done fractal level 36 the only ones who will do fractal level 36 when it's the daily?

You're missing the point, they're unlikely to incentivize dungeons because fractals replaced them as the go-to for instanced group content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
So what I'm gathering from that AMA and patch notes is they have a team working on Raids, a team making Outfits/Wings/Weapon skins, a team working on some Fractals(not due for months) and the rest of the office is crying that things are too hard. This excludes Tivac and that other new tools guy who are working on the long awaited Guild Wars 2 Extended Experience.

The news about the next Living World update is lame. I know I'm in the minority(on here at least) for liking these releases but that's a hell of a gap in content timeline release. We got the expansion on Oct 23 and we aren't seeing anything else story wise until almost a year after. We used to get these every 2 weeks so where do those dudes go? I hope the answer is Super Adventure Box zone complete with Silverwastes style event chains for everyone to run around in. Please save this game Josh Foreman!

Edit: To all the new people looking to play now is the time! You have plenty of time to dick around in this world before new stuff comes along!(not sarcasm)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh dear. If those raid tokens gets you ascended viper armor, then I might have to start raiding. Time to learn how to raid. My only realy solid setups are zerk engineer/necro/warrior/mesmer, rabid necro and tanky power ranger. I have the expertise branch unlocked for all those dudes. What is a good set for getting into the raid without having to grind for vipers? I mean really all I will be doing is learning how the dang thing works.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

jjac posted:

You're missing the point, they're unlikely to incentivize dungeons because fractals replaced them as the go-to for instanced group content.

That's not the point you made in either your first post or your revised post so idk what you're on about.

Does anyone know off hand what the name of the emote with the dude making the j/o motion is?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Oh dear. If those raid tokens gets you ascended viper armor, then I might have to start raiding. Time to learn how to raid. My only realy solid setups are zerk engineer/necro/warrior/mesmer, rabid necro and tanky power ranger. I have the expertise branch unlocked for all those dudes. What is a good set for getting into the raid without having to grind for vipers? I mean really all I will be doing is learning how the dang thing works.

PS/EA warrior and necro aren't bad choices among the ones you listed.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

PS/EA warrior and necro aren't bad choices among the ones you listed.

PS has been my goto warrior build since forever, but I've not heard of EA before. I think I'll start using my rabid necro though, I need to get adjusted to boon ripping and poo poo.

I see people mentioning food a lot in the thread, is that poo poo necessary?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

J3ng4 posted:

So what I'm gathering from that AMA and patch notes is they have a team working on Raids, a team making Outfits/Wings/Weapon skins, a team working on some Fractals(not due for months) and the rest of the office is crying that things are too hard. This excludes Tivac and that other new tools guy who are working on the long awaited Guild Wars 2 Extended Experience.

I thought they said "Extended Experience" was abandoned because it was too hard. One day they might expose an API and the community can do it for free.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

PS has been my goto warrior build since forever, but I've not heard of EA before. I think I'll start using my rabid necro though, I need to get adjusted to boon ripping and poo poo.

I see people mentioning food a lot in the thread, is that poo poo necessary?

Food is probably the best stats/gold boost you can get in any situation. PS/EA is just Phalanx Strength and Empowering Allies. Fried golden dumplings are probably the best for that afaik.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

Food is probably the best stats/gold boost you can get in any situation. PS/EA is just Phalanx Strength and Empowering Allies. Fried golden dumplings are probably the best for that afaik.

Cool. I'll try getting into a pug tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I can get out of work. Thanks.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

J3ng4 posted:

The news about the next Living World update is lame. I know I'm in the minority(on here at least) for liking these releases but that's a hell of a gap in content timeline release. We got the expansion on Oct 23 and we aren't seeing anything else story wise until almost a year after. We used to get these every 2 weeks so where do those dudes go? I hope the answer is Super Adventure Box zone complete with Silverwastes style event chains for everyone to run around in. Please save this game Josh Foreman!

I'm assuming they shifted them onto the expansion to produce a lot of the actual content, so they're only really getting into making the LS now they've done the expansion and started to claw back all the damage it did.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

shrach posted:

I thought they said "Extended Experience" was abandoned because it was too hard. One day they might expose an API and the community can do it for free.

EE was a small team that owned many large things. It turns out that isn't a good plan, and there was no clear indication that doing the mobile stuff would ultimately be worth the effort. Instead we focused on other stuff.

We've had an API for quite a while now.

https://api.guildwars2.com

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ANet should just restore the dungeon rewards back to the level they were, if they realized it was a mistake to nerf it. Doesn't require a team of devs to do that.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Food buffs are much more important for condi builds than power builds, Super Veggie Pizza at ~2s 60c for 30 minutes is worth 18% condition duration and 60 condition damage. If you're going all in with consumables you get a little over 30% extra damage from your conditions out of them between Rare Veggie Pizza and Toxic Focusing Crystals.

If you're running a power build and want to be cheap you can get some lifesteal food, Mixed Berry Pies are a silver each. Seaweed Salad gives 10% damage while moving which is great for some builds but they cost around 50 silver each.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Food buffs are much more important for condi builds than power builds, Super Veggie Pizza at ~2s 60c for 30 minutes is worth 18% condition duration and 60 condition damage. If you're going all in with consumables you get a little over 30% extra damage from your conditions out of them between Rare Veggie Pizza and Toxic Focusing Crystals.

If you're running a power build and want to be cheap you can get some lifesteal food, Mixed Berry Pies are a silver each. Seaweed Salad gives 10% damage while moving which is great for some builds but they cost around 50 silver each.

I'm so hungry now

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Seaweed Salad is for chumps! Experimental Remnant is where it's at. 1s 28c vendor food with 8% damage while moving. Only lasts 10 minutes so it's actually 3s 84c for half an hour's worth of food, but it's still way cheaper than Seaweed Salad.

Only trouble with Experimental Remnant is the vendor who sells it isn't always there, but if you go run some Cursed Shore for a while you can stock up on like fifty of them for a few gold and be set on food for a couple weeks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lol this is epic

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Did they just forget how to make weapon textures?

edit: from the last set.

Honestly it's like they fired the artists and just downloaded some Morrowind mods.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 9, 2016

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The colors of the new weapon set are cool 'cause it looks like anodized titanium.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Pretty good bomb tonight

Not as good as the one a few days ago when I pulled from under his tail :ironicat:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Honestly it's like they fired the artists and just downloaded some Morrowind mods.

Most people have realized at this point that Dulfy's computer is from 2003 and that the actual items don't look as awful as they do in the previews.

Skins are good, sorry.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Most people have realized at this point that Dulfy's computer is from 2003 and that the actual items don't look as awful as they do in the previews.

Skins are good, sorry.

Post a screenshot of it then on your amazing 19-core iMac.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Post a screenshot of it then on your amazing 19-core iMac.

It's still too early to start putting up buys. :jewish:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Skins are good, sorry.

Nah they look poo poo mate, but I mean if you like terrible things (and it really REALLY seems like you do!) that's totally cool dude!

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Nah they look poo poo mate, but I mean if you like terrible things (and it really REALLY seems like you do!) that's totally cool dude!

You seem to be pretty aggressive at something that doesn't effect you in any way

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
^you guys are such a bunch of catty nerds lmao

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

naw bro

naw

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

(failed a questionable lord rush)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

same but in this thread

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
First boss of the new wing is pretty good, he looks retarded but the fight is okay. We almost had him but we don't go past 2 hours at a time otherwise raid psychosis begins to develop

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo that thing must clip horribly.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Alteisen posted:

At least all the fish tails on it would probably make you swim faster

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Pesterchum posted:

At least all the fish tails on it would probably make you swim faster

pay to win swim booster backpieces in the gem store. you can even call it "pay to swim"

hire me Anet

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Kessel posted:

pay to win swim booster backpieces in the gem store. you can even call it "pay to swim"

hire me Anet

they're not quite underwater yet

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if they made that dominator staff simply to cater to Daredevils. It really looks like a battle staff, or even a polearm of sorts.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Azazell0 posted:

I wonder if they made that dominator staff simply to cater to Daredevils. It really looks like a battle staff, or even a polearm of sorts.

I suspect so, I am using for my Rev and it it looks pretty neat on her have to say because it almost exactly matches her skin and glow tone haha. lovely screengrab notwithstanding. I should try to get one in "use" as it were - but I suck at hitting printscreen while trying not to have my face chewed on.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

I bet Aegis fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Alteisen posted:

It does. I tried it out in the preview window and--y'know how every female armor-legs has a butt-cape? And how some male armor does, too? It clips through them. Every single piece of armor I looked at clips it. It's like they didn't even test it with clothes on. The model designer just had his naked women equip the shield and said, "yep, that's great! Ship it!"

[edit] Even the piece in the screenshot up there will clip if you're running around.

• Locked thread