Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

What donation level gets me a bound multivolume copy of the original /etc/crontab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Plus, for a project of this size it's very difficult to stay organized. Radium obviously had other deficiencies, but sometimes I can understand why progress stalled. It can be difficult to return to a project whenever you're sidetracked by an unrelated task (like the forums making GBS threads the bed). In my personal experience I found that getting back on the same train of thought is frustrating. Having at least one other person who could handle those things would go a long way in this respect IMO.
i have the impression that there never was a "project of this size" that would require weeks or months of continuous coding, only radium's projection of his own shortcomings

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 8, 2016

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
are there any pictures of radium

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pixaal posted:

$10: A link to forums.somethingawful.com email to you!
$25: A forum account!
$50: A T shirt with the SA Logo on it and the tag line "the internet makes you stupid"
$100: An actual human hair!
$200: A PM from lowtax himself thanking you, if you don't have platinum you can't receive this
$500: Platinum Upgrade!
$10,000: A picture of lowtax giving you the finger in front of a post-it note with your forum account name on it.

i thought we already played this game last year

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In for whatever Kickstarter Tier gets me a "Make Something Awful Great Again" red trucker cap.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

gently caress da Mods posted:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Cowman posted:

is radium officially banned or did he just kinda disappear after getting the boot?
I think from what I remember he did get banned, but then had to be unbanned because banning him broke some part of the forum software.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I think from what I remember he did get banned, but then had to be unbanned because banning him broke some part of the forum software.

The old use personal admin account and hardcode the password to make something critical work. Why yes this person left on bad terms but they still have an account because ever scanner has the web UI disabled and their credentials are what let people scan.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Did you have a stroke typing that out buddy

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

But why on earth would you want that?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

poemdexter posted:

But why on earth would you want that?

jus cuz

lol post the link of the fight here bro

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

jus cuz

lol post the link of the fight here bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

I'm sorry, Lowtax. I'm sure this is a memory you'd just as soon forget.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

You're missing the point. Kickstarter is a very large platform with an audience much bigger than something awful.

Looking at that page, you have to *log in* to donate. You already have to have paid $10 to donate more. Not everyone who uses kickstarter is a goon, but there are people that will donate to anything if you give them the right donator awards.

And no offense but with kickstarter there is at least some level of accountability and the ability to get your funds returned if the project doesn't meet its goal.

Also with a kickstarter I would have some assurances that the money would be going to a specific use.

Edit: I also use the awful app so I don't see that link at the top of every page. If only we had the funding for a proper app....

Wait, so people that logged into the forums are supposed to donate money to it?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

woodch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

good times lol holy poo poo couldnt even swing one

that's like lowtax trying to get a clear answer out of radium

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

good times lol holy poo poo couldnt even swing one

that's like lowtax trying to get a clear answer out of radium

if i recall, lowtax was told that it was just a lighthearted charity match for show, but uwe boll is a huge baby and went super hard because rich was mean to his lovely movies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please post uweboll.txt chatlogs

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

You're missing the point. Kickstarter is a very large platform with an audience much bigger than something awful.

Looking at that page, you have to *log in* to donate. You already have to have paid $10 to donate more. Not everyone who uses kickstarter is a goon, but there are people that will donate to anything if you give them the right donator awards.

And no offense but with kickstarter there is at least some level of accountability and the ability to get your funds returned if the project doesn't meet its goal.

Also with a kickstarter I would have some assurances that the money would be going to a specific use.

Edit: I also use the awful app so I don't see that link at the top of every page. If only we had the funding for a proper app....

We better nail those goalposts down quick before they move any more

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

woodch posted:

I had fun, I don't know why people think it was some life scarring event for me. Other people think about the thing more than I ever did.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

Are u calling lowtax a liar u loving piece of poo poo

Ill fight u

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lowtax posted:

I had fun, I don't know why people think it was some life scarring event for me. Other people think about the thing more than I ever did.

uwe boll spent thousands of dollars to give you a red text title IRL :)

where is he now?
https://thedissolve.com/news/5900-uwe-boll-records-furious-rant-against-the-film-ind/

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I like that Lowtax was the only internet person with the sense to hit the deck after getting punched once by an angry German, unlike the other 2 guys who ended up needing medical attention after their fights.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if you ever find yourself in denver i will take you out for a nice steak dinner. for reals.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Keg posted:

I like that Lowtax was the only internet person with the sense to hit the deck after getting punched once by an angry German, unlike the other 2 guys who ended up needing medical attention after their fights.

yeah if i got clocked hard in what i thought was meant to be a joke fight i'd be like haha dang u got me dude im dead

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

uwe boll's penis dot com

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
uwe boll lived the dream of beating someone up who said mean things about him on the internet, i dont think we cn fault him for that

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Bitter Mushroom posted:

uwe boll lived the dream of beating someone up who said mean things about him on the internet, i dont think we cn fault him for that
I never even said anything mean about him until his publicist said I had to if I wanted a free trip to Vancouver.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lowtax posted:

I never even said anything mean about him until his publicist said I had to if I wanted a free trip to Vancouver.

How was Vancouver?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bitter Mushroom posted:

And now we know that his movies are actually great.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Lowtax posted:

if a publicist told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?

you'd get a free trip to the morgue

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lowtax posted:

Some of those looked like they hurt idk

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Didn't he challenge a guy that he later found out was a trained fighter then quickly backpedaled and cancelled the fight but not because he's a total coward who only beats up untrained comedy writers?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

CharlesM posted:

How was Vancouver?

Probably rainy.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Didn't he challenge a guy that he later found out was a trained fighter then quickly backpedaled and cancelled the fight but not because he's a total coward who only beats up untrained comedy writers?

Yep

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bitter Mushroom posted:

if a publicist told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?

you'd get a free trip to the morgue

Is it a nice morgue? Because I would like to go on free trips too

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Lowtax posted:

That's probably because those thinks got bashed out of your skull by Uwe Boll's fists

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
"I would donate $50 or more, if I could!! Oh, there's a link to donate? Well of course I can't do that because reasons, shut up"

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i cant donate because its not my donation platform of choice

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

The Bible posted:

That guy was, in fact, Seanbaby.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Martinpale posted:

That guy was, in fact, Seanbaby.

Holy poo poo, what might have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'll fight any one of you or all of you at once

• Locked thread