Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Daztek posted:

Someone should point her to Pgabz's channel :v:

Who is that in Sandi Gardiner's Twitter profile pic? She's kinda hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Xaerael posted:

That right there? That's probably Sintra/foamex/other foamed polyurethane signage. (the fact if you look close it's made up of about 14-18 smaller pieces is the giveaway)

Price, you ask? That shittily erected ugly mess probably cost in the region of $3500-$9100 depending on material density, and will dent/crack and fall to pieces the moment someone bumps into it, because it's intended for single use at shows, not permanent decoration.

I assumed it was an adhesive vinyl mural applied to the wall, which would still cost like $3000.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I eagerly await progress updates on procedurally generated farming

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
listening to the bowie records I picked up today, will someone ask Chris Roberts if I can have an LP collection on my ship to play to my friends & crew members/NPC slaves?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

MeLKoR posted:

You know of those three the only one I have some respect for is DSmart. In TYOOL 2016 no one is under any illusions that DSmart is not an rear end in a top hat, but he never pretends he's not either.
i think a fair number of people would agree with you on this in that being honest is way more important than being *~nice~*

world's full of gently caress-ups, liars, and hosed-up liars, so yeah if you're straight with people i think many of them'll forgive a fair bit that they don't like

i know i do

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

So citizens, what will be your profession?

These are always fantastic

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I'm thinking this might be the right time to re-invest for $2500

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cannot see that thing without being reminded of

EightAce did nobody in the UK office point out the name.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Daztek posted:

Someone should point her to Pgabz's channel :v:

The irony there is so strong.

Yes, Sandi, one house of cards down...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Kramjacks posted:

I assumed it was an adhesive vinyl mural applied to the wall, which would still cost like $3000.

It could be, but it has a lot of the characteristics of Sintra.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I always enjoy when Derek comes and actively engages with the thread instead of doing one line responses to three day-old posts before disappearing again. Keeps the thread lively.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

It's yet another rendering pipleline they are threatening to support. Even though DirectX works just fine as-is.

Yes, but with DirectX they couldn't brag about working on a Linux version.
And OpenGL doesn't sound nearly as glamourous.

Also, you clearly don't know how game development works - when you run out of excuses for why your poo poo's delayed yet again, i.e. when your scope expansions start getting ridiculous, you need to find a new excuseplatform to pin opening yet more studios and wasting yet more money on.

alphabettitouretti posted:

EightAce did nobody in the UK office point out the name.

Now that you've mentioned it...
Croberts' project managerial skills are about on par with Delboy Trotter's.

Except devoid of style and coupled with Trigger's speech skills.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tortolia posted:

I always enjoy when Derek comes and actively engages with the thread instead of doing one line responses to three day-old posts before disappearing again. Keeps the thread lively.

It's a shame he doesn't do it as often any more.

I hate it when Dad works all the time :(

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

darkarchon posted:

It's pretty simple. Porting any given engine from DX11 to another API is a huge undertaking and not to be taken lightly. What Derek hints at is that it's YACRP (Yet Another Chris Roberts Promise) and nothing more than hot air. Personally I doubt they will even make the jump to DX12, because this also is kind of a big deal.
Well we can hope they try. :getin:

Chalks posted:

I have to assume that these people just don't play video games. Maybe they played Wing Commander then didn't play anything because nothing interested them until SC came around. Maybe they just don't enjoy video games at all and only like SC because it exists entirely in their imagination.
I don't buy this. These people have some serious rigs, not office computers.

Were are these 450 faithful goons at? I think this guy might have missed some developments in the last year. Also loling at the hard "I'm one of the good ones" groveling at these people... :rolleyes:

poo poo, am I getting poe'd again, aren't I?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ravane posted:

Friends and I are having a potluck tonight. I cooked this:

This is how you cook a ton of rice bootcha. Super easy. :)

Also the potato curry was me. It's better than the stuff you get at a restaurant. This poo poo's authentic. Also, it's pretty drat spicy.

I wonder what my friends cooked! :yum:

Please teach me potato curry!!! Edit: Oh poo poo, it's already been posted and I found it!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 9, 2016

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Xaerael posted:

It could be, but it has a lot of the characteristics of Sintra.

Or for maximum fidelity it's a vinyl mounted on sintra mounted on dibond.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

orcinus posted:

Now that you've mentioned it...
Croberts' project managerial skills are about on par with Delboy Trotter's.

Except devoid of style and coupled with Trigger's speech skills.

"Durin' the Stimpoiah wa-wh"........

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

Motive is always the thing. Don't get me wrong, we probably do have more than one sadistic psychopath in the thread that enjoys trolling for the schadenfreude; 'watching the world burn'
This is a dirty stinking lie and you don't have any evidence you can pin on me. Now, if I'm not under arrest I'll be taking my leave. What do you mean? I'm a sovereign citizen and I do not consenAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

MeLKoR posted:

This is a dirty stinking lie and you don't have any evidence you can pin on me. Now, if I'm not under arrest I'll be taking my leave. What do you mean? I'm a sovereign citizen and I do not consenAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH

I enjoyed this.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

This is only proof that the lowest common denominator always wins. Not that Chris Roberts and Sandi Roberts aren't the same type of proof. Felix is a waste of DNA.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

I'd like to space plant my cock in discos rear end.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Id go with the Awesome.

Nah. He's an Imp. The Imp even has a pair of moobs.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

naa he's legit. some people take a longer time to learn than others :smug:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

He spent his money on dreams

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That OP is great. Lots of unironic sperg about fidelity and big publishers. Dude must be so disappointed after he wrote a drat dissertation on how fidelitous fart shitizen is and it's too much even for r/starcitizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Well we can hope they try. :getin:

I don't buy this. These people have some serious rigs, not office computers.

Were are these 450 faithful goons at? I think this guy might have missed some developments in the last year. Also loling at the hard "I'm one of the good ones" groveling at these people... :rolleyes:

It's me. This account is shared by over 450 of The Faithful, who were cast out but have returned to live in the very shadows of The Unbelievers.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Can I be a goons

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Daztek posted:

Can I be a goons

Normally we sacrifice several dozen virgins (all goons are virgins) on the parp throne, but sure why not?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

someone should tell him its actually on 2.2 now

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Last I heard they were saying some nonsense about real life integration with real life Earth-twitch.

It should be pretty fun to watch them walk that one back.
~*Everything is subject to change*~
Probably not many people bought that piece of poo poo and as you have all seen the cultizens have a serious case of "first they came for the cutlass and I said nothing" going on. They don't hesitate to throw other cultists under the bus if that means their dream ship will get a share of the freed up resources.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SniperWoreConverse posted:

earth's getting destroyed better jam my competitor's transmission and then kill him while reframing to obey the rule of thirds

Speaking of the rule of thirds:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310373/can-you-teach-ai-the-art-of-cinematography

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm happy Derek is posting again. It's not the same without him

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

who is trolling who here... fuzzy modem you snake

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SomethingJones posted:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 78
Mar 7, 2016
@ 19m50s

Q: Now that Vulkan is officially released, has the Frankfurt team had the chance to dive in to see about supporting this API alongside DirectX12?

A: We have looked at VULKAN, ah, we're pretty excited by it, ahhh so we are, considering our options, ah, between Vulkan and DirectX12, ah, we haven't made a full decision yet but... um... you know, eh, v...vulkan... vulkan has some advantages in most... you know... the biggest one being AS LONG AS IT WORKS PROPERLY, ah, that, ah... eh, you know, it... it can work on a PC, but also can work on LINUX... work on other platforms... ah, whereas DirectX12 is specifically just for WINDOWS... ah... they're both very similar architectures I mean essentially Vulkan's not that different from what MANTLE was originally set up to BE, so, um... *tut* you know, we, we're considering it, you... you NEVER KNOW whether we will... do... DIRECTX12 or VULKAN first.
I wish there was an easy way to find video of Chris Roberts talking about a specific technical thing and John Carmack talking about the same technical thing. Just to see the difference.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Durin' the Stimpoiah wa-wh"........

My sides.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

This can't be a serious post. I refuse to believe it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Can I be a goons

Can i be many who?

e: Dammit, every time i look away to do some actual work, the thread grows another page.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wow, that guys lives in the clouds just like Crobbers.

Fuzzy Modem: if you're reading this, cut back on the pot smoking before it's too late. At least you're still coherent and eloquent at this point, if completely misguided and foolish.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Tank Boy Ken posted:

WOW WAIT! That's NOT how it works. It's more like:

- Something is deemed good enough to show the Stimperor
- It get's approved
- Then somethine else happens (Stimperor reads an article about something being done better by someone else)
- And it gets unapproved
- THEN will it be redone.

Re-factored, commando!

You clearly know nothing about game development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

"I learned cinematography reading Cracked listicles"

Learn cinematography from this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbNh8Z-ILcI&t=90s

Lol, he bought a Karthul 1-seater

• Locked thread