Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
To say: Trump, thou hast dawned as emperor of America,
because thou hast gained power over the Establishment,
together with their Tea Party,
together with their Neocons,
together with their delegates,
together with all their voters.
Trump, him thou causest to endure, he will live.
Trump, if thou livest, America will live.

- Utterance 444 - 445

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

But he's taking out mortgages on his buildings at the current very low prevailing rates. Cruz took out a signature loan from his wife's employer.

That's true, I forgot that his wife worked there. And don't think I'm defending the Lord of Slime, because I'm definitely not.

breaklaw posted:

Eh, no not quite. A loan or a mortgage is a regular tool of business where the benefit to the bank is direct in the form of interest and fees. Far different from the assumed benefit of political contributions. Big difference between "on the hook to" and "beholden to".

It's a fair distinction, but you see my point about the environment in which he has operated for the past several decades, right? There are still bonds of friendship and loyalty that have developed between Trump and the higher-ups at these financial institutions. It kind of makes a man skeptical of his claims that he won't do what his old cronies want him to do.

HapiMerchant posted:

To be fair to trump here, has there ever been a politician past 1900 who was truly "a man of the people, here to serve the working poor?"

Not too many, I certainly agree with you there. But when so many of Trump's own supporters seem to accept uncritically that he is one, I think it's helpful to remind them that no, he actually isn't.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:munch:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/707356341296308224

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HapiMerchant posted:

To be fair to trump here, has there ever been a politician past 1900 who was truly "a man of the people, here to serve the working poor?"

I think Theodore Roosevelt generally tried <:saddowns:>

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Ben Sasse is a mess

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The mainstreaming of Alex Jones continues.

Yessss, give in to the insanity. We're all Trump supporters now one way or another.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

I think Theodore Roosevelt generally tried <:saddowns:>

You could make a good argument for either Roosevelt.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Carter too, in spite of the (unjustified) bad rap he gets.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Come on, 8pm. My Body is Ready for Trump

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

FDR did a lot of good things for the poor, but he was an unabashed elitist his whole life.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

It's a fair distinction, but you see my point about the environment in which he has operated for the past several decades, right? There are still bonds of friendship and loyalty that have developed between Trump and the higher-ups at these financial institutions. It kind of makes a man skeptical of his claims that he won't do what his old cronies want him to do.

Unlike Hillary Clinton, well known for her distance from the financial industry.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
"Anti-Trump Ads Have Exploded"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/michigan-mississippi-idaho-hawaii-primaries-presidential-election-2016/

quote:

Even though Trump won Kentucky and Louisiana on Saturday, he didn’t post the same commanding numbers as he had on Super Tuesday, and if he turns in tepid numbers tonight, the chatter that Trump has “topped out” will get louder. But a new analysis of ad spending over the past month at the Cook Political Report explains why this wouldn’t be a random phenomenon.

According to CMAG/Kantar Media’s Elizabeth Wilner and Mitchell West, the proportion of anti-Trump ads (either by unaffiliated PACs or candidate-affiliated super PACs) as a percentage of all GOP ads has grown from 9 percent at the beginning of February to 47 percent in the first week of March. In terms of dollars, anti-Trump ads grew from 15 percent of all GOP ad spending in the first week of February to 62 percent in the first week of March.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Too much too late

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

This image sums why there isn't going to be a GOP civil war.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wanna be in this party.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Vladimir Putin posted:

The problem with current efforts by the republicans is that it's all focused on Trump not being conservative enough. They should really focus on Trump being loving looney-tunes. Romney talked about that at legnth, but I didn't see many attacks pick up on it.

But that's exactly why the base likes him. Catch-22.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I've heard of throwing red meat to the crowds, but this is ridiculous

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The rose is supposedly legit good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
is there a good election news internet radio thing to listen to? I got NPR on but they're talking about Europe

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So is Trump going to replace literally everything with Trump [insert name of object here]. Like that poo poo is beyond parody.

Yeah when I go to a nice campaign party I enjoy pallets of bottled water next to heavily marked up wine and RAW STEAKS.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The booze and water I get, but why exactly is there a board of raw steaks?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

closeup of those trump steaks

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dolash posted:

Trump steaks?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Unlike Hillary Clinton, well known for her distance from the financial industry.

Well, but I never said Clinton was ever distant from Wall Street. If you read my posts, you'll see I'm pointing out that Trump's claims to be somehow more distant from Wall Street than Clinton doesn't seem terribly believable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dolash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm trying to think of a person more vain than trump in the modern age but im failing.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Dolash posted:

those aren't just any steaks, those are TRUMP steaks

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

No, I get that they're Trump steaks, but they're just raw. Is he going to serve them to people? Is he giving them away as gifts? Will he throw a BBQ right there on stage? Is he just going to gesture to them as one of his fine products then chuck 'em out at the end of the night because they've sat out too long?

Honestly I'm guessing nobody but Trump actually knows the answer so maybe I'm the fool for the asking.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The loving Sharper Image lmao it's funny every time

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

as halfway crooks posted:

thank you boosted you keep my spirits high im saying a prayer for you tonight god bless

Prayers appreciated. With the power of Christ and our votes at the ballot box, like the Israelites who threw of Pharaoh's yoke, we can throw off the yoke of the globalist elites and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dolash posted:

No, I get that they're Trump steaks, but they're just raw. Is he going to serve them to people? Is he giving them away as gifts? Will he throw a BBQ right there on stage? Is he just going to gesture to them as one of his fine products then chuck 'em out at the end of the night because they've sat out too long?

Honestly I'm guessing nobody but Trump actually knows the answer so maybe I'm the fool for the asking.

:lol: if you don't demand your steaks to be raw and maybe grilled for a few minutes so that they're not past rare-medium.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

LOL @ Ayotte and Portman. If Trump is the nominee, those attacks ads are going to be non-stop.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Apparently, yes, they will be served.

https://twitter.com/NickKalmanFN/status/707358280675414016

Because what's more appetizing than a vacuum sealed steak defrosted under camera lights washed down with a glass of above-room-temp rose?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i'm the guy carefully arranging these overpriced slabs of raw meat in the back

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mannerup posted:

closeup of those trump steaks

this is me

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I remember he was on "Conan" pimping these when they first came out. Conan laughed in his face, if memory serves.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dolash posted:

It's just a gently caress YOU to Romney since he brought them up as a failed Trump business.

Ascribing any motive more complex than gently caress YOU to anything Trump does is reading way too deeply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump = booze

American people = the steak

• Locked thread