Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If you want a big cc shitstorm of a support just play nautilus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
try to play an easier to understand support, like

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I love when somebody doesn't know something so they come into a thread, ask a question and then proceed to argue why they were right anyway. Very cool and good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
To further talk about my last post if you are low enough on the ladder that people still don't know how to play off Thresh, you're either wasting your time playing something that your dumb teammates won't get or the plays you're attempting to make are really bad ones

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
so it turns out riot bought radiant entertainment (rising thunder and stonehearth) and are shutting down rising thunder development for whatever other game riot has been working on.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
do you think riot lyte and the other psychology majors will be selectable characters in the new fighter game

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
if they charge fifty bucks for a mode thats like the bonus stage for street fighter 2 but instead of a car its lyte they would make good money i think

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Voxx posted:

if they charge fifty bucks for a mode thats like the bonus stage for street fighter 2 but instead of a car its lyte they would make good money i think

awesome

for bonus stage 2, instead of barrels falling, you get to kick all of the teemo skins

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Re: Thresh chat, the problem with him at low ELOs is that a lot of people play him like Diet Blitzcrank. They think his hook is the part of his kit that makes him strong, but like someone else said it's the lantern. It's also compounded in that for some reason Thresh is seen as the "I don't ever play support but I got stuck with it so I'll choose Thresh' mentality that is very common.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEkSaHth4os

aurelion sol jungle confirmed possible

viable? who knows

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That clear looks fine to me so yes

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Just give me a combat heavy League themed Metroidvania and I will literally spend like fourty Canadian dollars on it.

PS I bet new star dragon's gonna have an Ao Shin skin on release

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spiros posted:

I love when somebody doesn't know something so they come into a thread, ask a question and then proceed to argue why they were right anyway. Very cool and good.

Uh except I never argued anything and I certainly hope nobody thought I was being serious when I said Thresh sucks?

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Just give me a combat heavy League themed Metroidvania and I will literally spend like fourty Canadian dollars on it.

PS I bet new star dragon's gonna have an Ao Shin skin on release

Release skin is firey dragon.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
okay, so here's my idea for aurelion jungle

build runic echoes on him, this will give him extra boosted initiation with his Q and make it hit like a truck, and also more movespeed

then build dead man's plate and mob boots on him, and watch him zoom around the map setting up sick Qs with his massive movespeed bonuses and tankiness

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Literally all I said is that he has a single ability that I personally don't enjoy, I know that I'm not good enough to say with certainty that champ x or y is bad or good :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What'll be awesome is to set up super ganks by hitting max e stacks, firing Q, then using E active to follow it into the lane for the MASSIVE DAMAGE

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Lady Naga posted:

Literally all I said is that he has a single ability that I personally don't enjoy, I know that I'm not good enough to say with certainty that champ x or y is bad or good :shrug:

people apparently don't like you??? :shrug:

i personally dont care although you are kinda abrasive sometimes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

No you don't, you just click behind you. There are very few skills that facing matters on in League (Corki, Rumble, and for enemies Cassio)

I absolutely hate playing Corki and Rumble for this very reason. The frontal cone abilities feel so utterly poo poo to use in a game like this.

Cassio's ult would be great in Other Game where turn speed is a thing but it isn't so it's a bit of a coinflip most of the time especially against ADCs who are a-moving constantly. It's really good against dashes, though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

I shouldn't have been such a dick. My bad.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Shortest Path posted:

I absolutely hate playing Corki and Rumble for this very reason. The frontal cone abilities feel so utterly poo poo to use in a game like this.

rumble's kit especially feels really oldfashioned nowadays

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm just tryin' to goof around and have fun in the League thread and people are takin' me seriously.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rumble has a really cool and unique mechanic but his kit feels disjointed like a lot of old kits do before reworks.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Kashuno posted:

Rumble has a really cool and unique mechanic but his kit feels disjointed like a lot of old kits do before reworks.

it's a shame because he has arguably the best skin in the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rumble has no good skins

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's really weird to me that Rumble can be considered an old champion. His release feels fairly recent to me for some reason.

E: Rumble has the most really good skins of any character in the game are you high

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's really weird to me that Rumble can be considered an old champion. His release feels fairly recent to me for some reason.

dunno his actual release at all, all I know is he was already in the game when I started in s3

e; his skins are butt

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just want one good skin for Shyv that I didn't have to already have (championship shyv is pretty okay)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kashuno posted:

dunno his actual release at all, all I know is he was already in the game when I started in s3

e; his skins are butt

He has two skins and they're both excellent. He has a 100% great skin ratio, unlike every single other character in the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kog'Maw

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Caterpillar is kinda bad since it's both a straight recolor and a straight downgrade to one of his best skins, but I'll concede that point. Rumble gets second place.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Annie has a million skins and the majority of them are pretty good imo

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The only skin I care about is the Lady of Pain one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does orianna have any bad skins?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Commander keenen would be sick

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

He has two skins and they're both excellent. He has a 100% great skin ratio, unlike every single other character in the game.

Nah Bilgerat is pretty bad

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Daemonlasher posted:

Release skin is firey dragon.

loving Riot.

Also holy poo poo I just got home and finally got a good look at him, holy lol at his tiny baby legs.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

loving Riot.

Also holy poo poo I just got home and finally got a good look at him, holy lol at his tiny baby legs.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!

Itty-bitty baby legs

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Caterpillar is kinda bad since it's both a straight recolor and a straight downgrade to one of his best skins, but I'll concede that point. Rumble gets second place.

Sonoran's also pretty bad, but Fireworkmaw can make up for a lot.

Imo corki is pretty solid, except for Red Baron. Heimer also has a bunch of really solid skins.

E: although snow day bard is the best skin in the game and bard is the best aesthetics of any champ so he of course wins overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!

Itty-bitty baby legs

• Locked thread