Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please stop going down that road, it only leads in disappointment.

Oh, I don't think he's got any shot, it's more like he'll make it more competitive than we thought he would this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/707403773094797312

america

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harlock posted:

I don't think anyone is under any delusions he's going to lose overall.

Yea I'm just talking media narrative and all, I agree from a political wonk perspective turning 'bad gap' into 'close loss' is something impressive, it's just that no one's gonna give a poo poo because unlike Iowa's story this also has 'and she also just destroyed him in this state, just savage poo poo'.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jackofarcades posted:

So - like I said - even if Clinton wins by like 3-5 or so it's still kind of a rough night expectations wise and maybe a sign Sanders is turning the tide or something. Who knows? The problem is it's probably way too late for Bernie. He has to start winning blowouts in the big states.

On the other hand, everyone expected her to win Mississippi but I don't think anyone saw this margin.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

a sign Sanders is turning the tide or something.

:shobon:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fknlo posted:

they think Ann Arbor and its population of 117,000 will cancel out the remaining Wayne County votes...

DIdn't we hear earlier in the day that college turnout was pretty bad?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sorry. :(

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

it's all stuff the candidates have actually said.

Hell, a 0.5% chance of success still occurs 1/200 times.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I just hope Trump breaks 50% in Mississippi

Only matters for the 12 congressional district delegates in MS. The 28 at-large delegates are strictly proportional.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol Cruz winning Desoto county MS.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

:swoon:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

trump's inauguration looking good

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wow, Rubio's campaign is cratering in spectacular fashion. Maybe he shouldn't have gone with the hyper active insult man strategy.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Oil! posted:

This is bordering on Rubio levels of delusion.

D&D goons empathize with wonks more than anyone and it's really loving weird.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Yeah "turning the tide" in this case means "respectable showings in OH and FL" and not the drubbings polling is predicting.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Oil! posted:

Hell, a 0.5% chance of success still occurs 1/200 times.

Shockingly, nobody(including myself) knows how statistics work.

Apollo_Creed
Aug 4, 2002

I am the Master of Disaster.
God, Krauthammer is horrible. And Bret can barely keep it together.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

would

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bernie is weathering the storm for now.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Trump Steaks?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Ha is this real?

The screenshot is real, but I don't know if the quote is.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I can't wait for the Goldman Sachs Hillary Clinton Victory Speech Brought to You By Walmart

Save Money, Live Better. Walmart.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bernie gonna win

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Is Trump going to have a White House lawn BBQ just like Jackson gave out a ton of cheese?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xandu posted:

If Hillary wins by less than 10-15, it's a huge failure for literally dozens of polls.

I fully expect Bernie to lose, but if he wins, it throws an enormous wrench into all the assumptions about who's going to win future states and by how much.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

XK posted:

Wow, Rubio's campaign is cratering in spectacular fashion. Maybe he shouldn't have gone with the hyper active insult man strategy.

As if Little Marco would be doing any better if he took the high road.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Is Trump on track to gain all of Mississippi's delegates?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Krauthammer on Trump: "I haven't heard such a string of disconnected ideas since I left psychiatry 30 years ago."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I can't wait for the Goldman Sachs Hillary Clinton Victory Speech Brought to You By Walmart

Save Money, Live Better. Walmart.

:salt:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

XK posted:

My mother is a huge Rubio fan and she basically said this exact thing the other day. If he stuck to his 'hey I'm a cute young Cuban guy and I don't wanna talk poo poo about others that much' act at least he could have kept his core block, but turning into this weird 'heh, heh, heh, I bet Trump pissed his pants...yea...that'd be funny huh...' kinda six year old bully didn't help. He wasn't funny enough to actually rattle Trump and it turned off his 'happy warrior' cred.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I want a steak now

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

loving kill me

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Krauthammer on Trump: "I haven't heard such a string of disconnected ideas since I left psychiatry 30 years ago."

He should go for a jog to clear his mind.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Democrazy posted:

Is Trump on track to gain all of Mississippi's delegates?

No.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ThirdPartyView posted:

Is Trump going to have a White House lawn BBQ just like Jackson gave out a ton of cheese?

I hope so!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

HARRY ENTEN 10:17 PM
I know this may upset the Sanders fans (who don’t exactly love me), but our delegate targets say that Sanders should win Michigan by four delegates over Clinton in a race that’s tied nationally. The problem is that Sanders has already run well behind his overall delegate targets. That means he needs to be doing even better than them to really have a shot. This doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good night for Sanders — it definitely was. But the road ahead is long even if he pulls off what would be a shocking victory.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Van Jones is like the only analyst on CNN that doesn't constantly piss me off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Xandu posted:

If Hillary wins by less than 10-15, it's a huge failure for literally dozens of polls.

Polling has been known to be hosed, but Bernie simply doesn't have the math behind him

• Locked thread