Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Pickled Tink posted:

Why mess with a winning strategy? Lightly Whipped has the best streak in arena history going. It would be a terrible shame to break it.

We're gonna get an award for it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Pickled Tink posted:

Why mess with a winning strategy? Lightly Whipped has the best streak in arena history going. It would be a terrible shame to break it.

Oh God. In our shots at greatness, we have created something terrible.

Given the streak Worse Munki have had, Lightly Whipped look to be almost their their exact opposite. The antiparticle to Worse Munki's particle.

Have we created BEST MUNKI?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

It was almost worth us getting smooshed just to bring this much happiness to alcharagia.

Eh, I was enjoying his post-fight cries of despair, misery and shame.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
uwaaa

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 11, Fight 5 :siren:

Hell's Dentists is on the left side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears leather gauntlets.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, iron gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Go big and/or go home is on the right side of the arena.
Snowshank Redemption (A good poster) is a male yeti. He wields a copper large dagger and wears an iron mail shirt, copper greaves, and copper gauntlets.
Tyler Durden is Hobbes (habituallyred) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears leather armor.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt (iLonie) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a leather cap, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Slam Whale Willy (potatomanjack) is a male werewolf. He wields a silver mace and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 1.52 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 7816.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 5143.00 dwarfbucks for Go big and/or go home.

The visiting team has a distinct size advantage. Lets see if Krog and Flynn can keep up with the big boys.

Krog comes out of the gate strong and smashes 3 Wolf Moon in the guts with his hammer. Madmartigan swings his pick into Hobbes (new owner, new name) knee and Hobbes falls over. Hobbes barely reaches the floor before his fist lashes out and bruises Madmartigans guts.

Abominable punches Hobbes' hand and explodes it into gore.

Flynn swings his pick into Hobbes other foot, and Hobbes passes out from the pain.

Flynn picks on Snowshank next and grounds the huge yeti with a strike to his calf. Flynn swings his pick again and 3 Wolf Moon's tail flies off in another direction. Snowshank stabs Madmartigan in the leg, and then Abominable punches his hand into paste. Snowshank passes out from pain as well.

Slam Whale Willy is have a hell of a time against Krog. Bruises, blocked blows... Nothing is going right for that werewolf.

Anyone think the 2 werewolves will win a 4v2?

3 Wolf Moon stabs Abominable in the hand but that's all before Madmartigan chops off Snowshanks head.

Flynn's swing is just a hair slower, but Hobbes gets the same fate.

3 Wolf Moon plants his sword in Madmartigan and then Abominable gets ahold of him. "Hang on lady. We going for a ride."

Flynn catches 3 Wolf Moon's ear before Abominable charges and sends the smaller werewolf to the floor.

Krog arrives on the scene and jumpkicks his face. 3 Wolf Moon's eyes roll up in his head and he drops to the floor. Flynn takes his head.

Slam Whale, mostly ineffective till now has his work cut out for him.

Abominable quickly catches him and bends his arm backward, breaking his elbow. Two or three more bending limbs sends Slam Whale Willy unconscious.

Flynn takes his head.

Kills:
Flynn: 3
Madmartigan: 1

Combat Log

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Arena website is giving me a 403, how am I supposed to check how poorly I did in betting?! :ohdear:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Arena website is giving me a 403, how am I supposed to check how poorly I did in betting?! :ohdear:

Forbidding you is intentional, and for your own good.

Out of my deepest kindness, have a screenshot.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 8, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wooo! After we lose I'll still be .03 richer than Munki!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like I have the most success when I wildly go all in. I'll do that next round.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Flynn joins the killed-an-entire-division club with 16 kills.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Hey tiler, we're teammates now!

So are there Worker Cooperative T-shirts? Is there a health plan? What's our team stance on repeated traumatic brain injury?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Cathode Raymond posted:

So are there Worker Cooperative T-shirts? Is there a health plan? What's our team stance on repeated traumatic brain injury?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Actually the Arena of Blood health plan is sort of incredible with constant resurrection. Blue Cross won't do that poo poo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Cathode Raymond posted:

Nope, nope, as often as possible.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

Nope, nope, as often as possible.

One more fight until this round is over. Boatmurdered looking pretty good, though Syrupleaf DOES have a positive kill-to-death as a division.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

One more fight until this round is over. Boatmurdered looking pretty good, though Syrupleaf DOES have a positive kill-to-death as a division.

I'll be doing a divisional breakdown at the end of this round. This plus the one from round seven should give us a good read on the final interdivisional.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I expect to see some fun builds once teams are eliminated from playoffs.

Grandmaster kicking across the board, or something dumb like 4 dudes with whips.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

something dumb like 4 dudes with whips.

*cough*

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Was that too subtle?

Those fuckers made me run a 2 day fight and still havent apologized.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Was that too subtle?

Those fuckers made me run a 2 day fight and still havent apologized.

Not sorry :colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Why do I do this to myself.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Honestly, I am rather happy with Abominable not getting many kills. She is doing what she was designed to do: Mangle people with her fists of furry.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Why do I do this to myself.

So that you can put all the gladiators you really hate into the Arena at once.

Then fill it with lava.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I'm not sorry. :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fight fight fight fight

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Cathode Raymond posted:

t shirts are bourgeoisie.
health care plans are bourgeoisie.
brain injuries are like calluses on the hands of our comrades, and serve as our medals, as current party orthodox supports.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jimbo Akimbo will be your health plan.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone run my fight so our teams super secret upgrades can be seen.

I dont know if anyone did upgrades.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Someone run my fight so our teams super secret upgrades can be seen.

I dont know if anyone did upgrades.

Yeah, why doesn't someone do that?

look for it late

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

look for it late

:f5:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How late we talkin?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
At this point, early.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We don't know that. He could live on the moon where it's always night time because the moon only comes out at night.

:science:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

We don't know that. He could live on the moon where it's always night time because the moon only comes out at night.

:science:

In space, no one can hear your lovely fighter scream.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Crushing hopes is such a great experience.

How late turns out to mean "tonight sometime".

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

you're a monster

let my people go (to the arena to kill people)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ZeeToo posted:

Crushing hopes is such a great experience.

How late turns out to mean "tonight sometime".

Tonight...2017? ToadyTime™

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The fight is obviously still running.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The Star Citizen of arena fights.

Two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Day 253. Qwarf has successful managed to penetrate Simon Belmole's left hand by flinging his own sweat. Antwoman wakes up her two hundred day coma and proceeds to stub her left toe, passing back out again. Baldwin has been taken by a fey mood.