Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Add "permanents ETB transformed" to that and we got a winner

I'd prefer "when a creature/permanent enters the battlefield, transform it" because of stuff that triggers on transformation but either would be good.

Especially with the dumb rule that makes it so permanents that can't transform don't change zones if they would change zones transformed. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I mean it was a pretty big fire and Nissa had to do some stuff too. Sorin and Ugin apparently never actually wanted to kill the eldrazi so that would be why they didn't

Per some wiki

"the Eldrazi were forced into physical form, but the three planeswalkers weren't powerful enough to defeat them. The three were forced to compromise. Instead of killing the Eldrazi, Sorin lured them onto Zendikar where they imprisoned them. "

Good to know that new super friends are stronger than the old super friends.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

black potus posted:

Cool that's five. Officially a Legacy playable card!!

ugh i don't like it change back

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Sorin and Ugin apparently never actually wanted to kill the eldrazi so that would be why they didn't

And the reason they didn't want to kill the Eldrazi is that killing the Eldrazi was a) impossible (they'd persist in the blind eternities), and b) would cause something even worse even if it were possible (they'd be completely unchained from Zendikar and could absolutely do anything).

These issues were retroactively resolved by "ha ha just kidding you guys".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I assume there will be some blowback for killing those guys later.

Sickening posted:

Per some wiki

"the Eldrazi were forced into physical form, but the three planeswalkers weren't powerful enough to defeat them. The three were forced to compromise. Instead of killing the Eldrazi, Sorin lured them onto Zendikar where they imprisoned them. "

Good to know that new super friends are stronger than the old super friends.
This probably takes precedence
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/odds-and-ends-oath-gatewatch-part-2-2016-02-08

quote:

This is a complex question that I think I'll leave to the story team to answer fully, but I can say this. Neither Sorin, nor Nahiri, nor Ugin ever tried to kill the Eldrazi.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i'll feel a lot better if ulamog and kozilek show up somewhere else as villains in the future and ugin is like "i loving told you dorks, jesus"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I imagine it would be more subtle than that. For instance, the denizens of a plane could suddenly start losing their minds and growing extra eyes

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

black potus posted:

Cool that's five. Officially a Legacy playable card!!

So what were the consequences?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

kizudarake posted:

So what were the consequences?

Gangsines has to use proper punctuation vs. McMagic playing a Chamale brew at a legacy tournament and doing a report.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

If they stuck to the game the original Kickstarter was for, would that game have been possible to make?

Will this be the first game to die from over funding?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cernunnos posted:

Looking forward to hearing about you playing Thought Lash. :v:

Zedruu + Thought Lash + Eon Hub

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve posted:

Gangsines has to use proper punctuation vs. McMagic playing a Chamale brew at a legacy tournament and doing a report.

I need the latter one.

And it has to be a real tournament not some 3 rounder baby tournament

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

I need the latter one.

And it has to be a real tournament not some 3 rounder baby tournament

Too late. I already won. lol

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sickening posted:

Will this be the first game to die from over funding?
Quite possibly

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

i whisper from a dark corner the dread words

star

citizen

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gently caress, guys, I had an awesome Wild Pair/Knowledge Pool deck :smith:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Chamale posted:

gently caress, guys, I had an awesome Wild Pair/Knowledge Pool deck :smith:

Wait, what happened?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It looks like the very long-lived beings like Sorin and Ugin have seen some hosed up things in their time and are cagey about permanent solutions to situations they don't fully understand. Hence, Ugin preferred to imprison the Eldrazi; he doesn't know what role they serve in the multiverse or if their absence will have unpredictable consequences a millennium from now.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

gently caress.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Wait, what?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Eldrazi can't defeat Relentless Rats.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

UberJew posted:

i whisper from a dark corner the dread words

star

citizen

I am 100% certain the awful app just did something strange.

Also funny that it went into a bookmarked thread where people have unhealthy spending habits.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

What was the 5th? I only found 4.

Tailfnz
Oct 13, 2011

I'm delightfully forgettable.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

What was the 5th? I only found 4.

mcmagic posted:

I had to do a little digging but I found 5 lol.

Here is 4 right here:

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deck...=Show+Decks&p=1

And the 5ths is from a 271 player event in Madrid

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=11158&d=263465&f=LE

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I'm calling bullshit. That link to SCG took me to 2263 pages of results. Link to the individual decks.

Edit: I did some additional digging on SCG, these are the possible decks he found:

Grixis Delver legacy open 2/27 philly

grixis delver SCG Classic 01/03 cincinnatti

grixis delver 1/24 SCG Classic atlanta

grixis delver SCG Classic 1/10 charlotte

The other two are for IQs, which definitely wouldn't have 100 people. Do we know the attendance for those classics?

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 9, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

I'm calling bullshit. That link to SCG took me to 2263 pages of results. Link to the individual decks.

Uh, it shows 6 here? Fix your internet.

Also the whole Painful Truths as a random 1-of sideboard card seems like it's really against the spirit of the bet to find decks that "feature Painful Truths."

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the eldrazi are galactus. got it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Also the whole Painful Truths as a random 1-of sideboard card seems like it's really against the spirit of the bet to find decks that "feature Painful Truths."

Edited my post. I was clicking from the awful app on iOS. I manually searched after that.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

kizudarake posted:

Wait, what happened?

That's the deck Ibwas going to force McMagic to play if he lost the bet. I'm very sad that he won.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
See, the Eldrazi were also vulnerable to just being hit very hard. Sorin and Nahiri just got played by Ugin into thinking it was impossible, and that's why they did not try.

Ugin is basically Urza 2.0, and he was planning to harness the eldrazi later for the "greater good"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gensuki posted:

Ugin is basically Urza 2.0, and he was planning to harness the eldrazi later for the "greater good"

So basically he wanted to turn them into a big ol' Eldrazi weapon. Nice.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

On the flip side we were asking for top8 finishes and one of those is a 775 player tournament.

The rules were set up and he barely squeaked into a finish and gangsines has already graciously admitted defeat so why bother trying to argue it now?

I think even mcmagic will agree it's not a legacy powerhouse but it's more playable than enchantress decks XD

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
RoboRosewater is the hero we need.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Entering tapped is a bit weird but that land is cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That would be so busted

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

It's a worse Wasteland.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

suicidesteve posted:

It's a worse Wasteland.

It's better than Wasteland on turn 1 (because it hits basics) , but worse otherwise. It's probably too good to ever print, but i'd be interested in seeing it :allears:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
It's a Strip Mine with an interesting and very fair downside. It rules.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It also kills fetchlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I think that card is not very good outside of crucible of worlds, I say print it!

• Locked thread