Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

bull3964 posted:

It was a 13 episode season one, so if season two is the same, we actually only have two left.

So yeah, really dumb place to have a break.

Season 2 was renewed to be 18 episodes. There are 7 remaining.

edit: citation needed: https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/668929127416594432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I'm still cracking up at Deez Knots.

Aw man, and that break they took to play tennis. "Game, you owe me a Lamborghini!"

It really was a fantastic episode.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This episode continues to prove that the show is at its best when it's just one or two people roughing it in the post-apocalypse instead of having a large group of people living together and treating each other terribly for no reason.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sleeveless posted:

This episode continues to prove that the show is at its best when it's just one or two people roughing it in the post-apocalypse instead of having a large group of people living together and treating each other terribly for no reason.

Seriously. Needs more taking a b2 bomber to the store.

Side question, in the show's scenario (assuming you truly were the last person alive) how long until you couldn't take it anymore? Wife said 20 minutes and I said she was crazy because at least I would want to travel the world and see everything I could basically. She said there wouldn't be any point because there aren't any people there. I feel like, although lonely, I'd want to at least do some poo poo and not just give up on day one.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 9, 2016

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd probably last until I accidentally broke something or accidentally killed myself launching off a hairpin turn in a lambo. I'd find enough to do to keep me occupied. poo poo, I'd probably spend a month nosing around Area 51 just because I could. Well, depending if everything was electronically locked and no power means no access. Maybe try shooting doors open with tanks?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently getting everyone back together so quickly was a Fox mandate because otherwise they were paying the rest of the cast to not be in the show.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ChesterJT posted:

Side question, in the show's scenario (assuming you truly were the last person alive) how long until you couldn't take it anymore? Wife said 20 minutes and I said she was crazy because at least I would want to travel the world and see everything I could basically. She said there wouldn't be any point because there aren't any people there. I feel like, although lonely, I'd want to at least do some poo poo and not just give up on day one.

I'd probably accidentally go out like a chump like one of the people from the No Great Loss chapter of The Stand, like accidentally overdosing on uncut heroin I found in a toilet tank or falling down an abandoned well.

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently getting everyone back together so quickly was a Fox mandate because otherwise they were paying the rest of the cast to not be in the show.

Money well spent IMHO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phil, that liar!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I see. :Fills Big Gulp with wine:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Three weeks? Seriously? Why the gently caress do networks do this?

Executive: "Sir, we have a highly popular show going! People can't get enough and our ratings are through the roof!"

CEO: "I see. Show one episode, take a two month long "winter break," show two episodes, take a three week "spring break," then show three episodes because it's sweeps, take a two week break just for the gently caress of it, then burn off the remaining episodes on Friday when no one is watching."

*later*

Executive: Sir, I regret to inform you that the show was canceled due to low ratings."

CEO: "WHAHAPPEN?!?!"

The shows have low ratings because no one knows when they're on, or because people just give up on the bullshit schedules and hiatuses. loving stop.

That said, it was nice seeing Erica at least see dead Phil buried the proper way with alive Phil. Also, loved the absurd Godfather reference between Carol and Todd.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're making it super hard for me to keep caring about this show.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Isn't that just something Fox does? The bob's burgers thread taught me Fox just try to kill any show I happen to personally like.

I liked this episode, I still have no idea how this show made me care for Tandy but it did.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Isn't that just something Fox does? The bob's burgers thread taught me Fox just try to kill any show I happen to personally like.

Not just FOX. American Dad! moved to TBS a couple of seasons back, and TBS put it out there with lots and lots of station and Internet fanfare. Then it premiered followed by another episode... then they took like a three month long break. Way to alienate any new fans that may have just given a poo poo and make old fans just stop giving a poo poo, TBS!

I think the CW does this "break" stupidity, too. It's why it's hard for me to get into TV shows anymore.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

We're coming up on sweeps so just about every show on network TV is going on hiatus until April so they have episodes to show in May.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its a good thing "sweeps" is still a thing. I can't wait for traditional TV to die.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

PittTheElder posted:

e: IMDB has only the main crew credited in the next episode, and not Jason Sudeikis, so that's clearly not happening.

No cast, its just the crew filming an empty set?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

You Are A Elf posted:

Three weeks? Seriously? Why the gently caress do networks do this?

Executive: "Sir, we have a highly popular show going! People can't get enough and our ratings are through the roof!"

CEO: "I see. Show one episode, take a two month long "winter break," show two episodes, take a three week "spring break," then show three episodes because it's sweeps, take a two week break just for the gently caress of it, then burn off the remaining episodes on Friday when no one is watching."

*later*

Executive: Sir, I regret to inform you that the show was canceled due to low ratings."

CEO: "WHAHAPPEN?!?!"

The shows have low ratings because no one knows when they're on, or because people just give up on the bullshit schedules and hiatuses. loving stop.

That said, it was nice seeing Erica at least see dead Phil buried the proper way with alive Phil. Also, loved the absurd Godfather reference between Carol and Todd.

Eh... don't most people just DVR or torrent stuff these days? I guess those people are not watching commercials though

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I am wondering when the gasoline expiration issue will become relevant to the plot again. I doubt it was only one throwaway line to technical accuracy just for the hell of it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Echo Chamber posted:

I am wondering when the gasoline expiration issue will become relevant to the plot again. I doubt it was only one throwaway line to technical accuracy just for the hell of it.

They still got a while to use Diesel but I doubt they'll just throw away the entire sustainability aspect they've introduced, particularly now that with Alpha Phil's death there's no one around with even half a clue about how to go about setting up a permanent community.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Please, his name was Stacy.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Something we were talking about today. Has there ever been confirmation of flu deaths on the space station? I know Jason was there alone in the end, but for all we know (I think) he could have been like the guy on the boat and not immune but just unexposed. It'd be a real gently caress you if the season end is him sneezing and it starts a nose bleed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just caught up with the last couple episodes. I was kind of surprised they actually went through with killing off Phil 2. It's weird though in terms of a character arc, his character showed up, became the alpha so as to replace Phil, became a creepy rear end in a top hat, then... died? I mean I guess it fits if you look at it as his death is the culmination of what he was warning everyone else about, that they have no useful skills and if anything catastrophic happens they're hosed, but it's still such a weird way of going about it.

That first episode back was great and I wish the show followed him more instead of Phil, but I'm back to how weird it is that everything is so weirdly clean and manicured and well-preserved following a virus outbreak that supposedly had people bleeding and making GBS threads out of every orifice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

When is this coming back??

It seems loving stupid for them to take a several month break, "come back" for 2 whole episodes, then take another extended break. I mean, if it was a sweeps week thing (also stupid) then why not just delay the return entirely until then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fox's Sunday night has just been a complete mess this season. The only two shows that seem to actually be getting their episodes in are Simpsons and Family Guy. Everything else has been delayed or shuffled around the schedule.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Simpsons is going on a break soon and Family Guy is already on break until the latter half of April. So, by may, the shows will all be mostly aligned.
They could have made better choices for scheduling, but at the end of the day they have a 35 week season that they have to fill with 22 episodes of programming (or in this case, 18), so breaks are inevitable no matter what.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bull3964 posted:

Simpsons is going on a break soon and Family Guy is already on break until the latter half of April. So, by may, the shows will all be mostly aligned.
They could have made better choices for scheduling, but at the end of the day they have a 35 week season that they have to fill with 22 episodes of programming (or in this case, 18), so breaks are inevitable no matter what.

I wish those shows would go on break and never come back.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I need you to masturbate...
WAY ahead of ya!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That ending was just perfect.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

PittTheElder posted:

That ending was just perfect.

It really was.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm glad it didn't take too long for the brothers get back together.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Now he can impregnate Carol!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Solice Kirsk posted:

Now he can impregnate Carol!

Actually he's probably sterile from all the space radiation :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Kwyndig posted:

Probably but I got a feeling the previous poster is correct.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Kwyndig posted:

There's little scientific reason to believe this would be the case.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
He was fertile up to the last few seconds of the episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Roll out the barrel

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Loving the dynamic between these two.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That was some very half assed fake guitar playing from Sudeikis.

I'm also not sure that what this show needed was throwing Tandy into another relationship with a dominant male who overshadows him in every aspect, was maybe ready for something a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That was some very half assed fake guitar playing from Sudeikis.

I'm also not sure that what this show needed was throwing Tandy into another relationship with a dominant male who overshadows him in every aspect, was maybe ready for something a little different.

Seriously, this is loving killing me. Tandy had kind of been redeemed a little, and I was really digging the fertility angle this season was going on because the idea of having difficulty conceiving is pretty novel and especially for an end of the world situation.

Now its just another guy basically dragging Skidmark for the entire episode, do not wanna watch that :mad:

• Locked thread