Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The #nevertrump team is really in lockstep over this.

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/707440054701051905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Didn't Cruz's team threaten to tell his voters to back Trump in FL just today?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

This looks like a West Wing script.

Unfortunately for the #NeverTrump people, Aaron Sorkin scripts don't work in the GOP. They never watched The West Wing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wait hawaii is an island in hawaii?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I like how #NeverTrump prefers the insane Canadian over the most-likely-pliable nationalist

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Its just known as big island also my friend went today and said a bunch of old people were voting for cruz

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
this was on north shore of oahu though so probably doesnt mean a whole lot

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Hawaii is the official name of the big island, yes.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

"The winning play is simple!" said Brutus before stabbing Caesar. "Surely I wont be committing suicide a few years later"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I like how #NeverTrump prefers the insane Canadian over the most-likely-pliable nationalist

except if trump doesn't get the nom he's going to run the most insane write-in campaign youve ever seen

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Did rubio win ANYTHING tonight?

Rubio is a mess

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
rubio is a waste

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Rubio is a BIG FAT MISTAKE

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prorat posted:

You mean the media making a bunch of poo poo up debacle? gently caress the media, they are liars.

quote:

TAPPER: I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK grand wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage.

Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don’t want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

TRUMP: Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know.

I don’t know, did he endorse me or what’s going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you’re asking me a question that I’m supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

TAPPER: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is, even if you don’t know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you. Would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don’t want their support?

TRUMP: Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don’t know what group you’re talking about.

You wouldn’t want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I would have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And, certainly, I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong.

TAPPER: The Ku Klux Klan?

TRUMP: But you may have groups in there that are totally fine, and it would be very unfair. So, give me a list of the groups, and I will let you know.

TAPPER: OK. I mean, I’m just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but…

TRUMP: I don’t know any — honestly, I don’t know David Duke. I don’t believe I have ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn’t meet him. And I just don’t know anything about him.

TAPPER: All right.

Donald Trump would not disavow David Duke and the KKK. His bullshit about earpieces and not knowing who David Duke was are totally bullshit. He talked about David Duke being a racist that drove him from the Reform Party on camera years and years ago.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
rubio should endorse trump, not cruz if he wants to try to pick up that vp spot.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What would Rubio do if Cruz just surprised nominated him for his VP during the debate

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gyges posted:

Donald Trump would not disavow David Duke and the KKK. His bullshit about earpieces and not knowing who David Duke was are totally bullshit. He talked about David Duke being a racist that drove him from the Reform Party on camera years and years ago.

can you really call it a debacle if it didn't seriously negatively affect him?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also, where the gently caress are the hawaii results

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ok i finally took the time to get this table formatted and calculate the total area of lakes in minnesota
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lakes_in_Minnesota
find-replaced , with + then found em and put a = on the front for the ones where they had a bunch of little lakes in one cell
used the sort function to get the bad formatting together and plopped it on the bottom of the thing

anyway, i calculated the total area of minnesota's lakes at 23303747.95 acres, or 36412.106171875 mi2. that's slightly smaller than indiana!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_area
puerto rico's only 5000 mi2, the rest are even smaller, hawai'i's 10,900

i conclude that if rubio wins everything except alaska outside the contiguous usa, his other wins will be able to fit comfortably within the lakes of minnesota

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

WhyteRyce posted:

What would Rubio do if Cruz just surprised nominated him for his VP during the debate

a literal kiss the ring moment

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I'm confused, I'm reading that the MI-DEM primary triggers winner take all at 50% popular vote, and Bernie looks like he's right on the fence. Yet it's showing a proportional allocation of delegates.

Is it a case of "he needs to be > 50.0%" or just that the sites aren't calling it that close until it's official that he took all?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Tokamak posted:

Rubio is a mess

Homeless Friend posted:

rubio is a waste

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Rubio is a BIG FAT MISTAKE

i'm proud of you all

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There's only one man who can save the Republicans from Trump now. On a pale horse he rides.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait. You can live in Hawaii , Hawaii?

Weird.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bhaal posted:

I'm confused, I'm reading that the MI-DEM primary triggers winner take all at 50% popular vote, and Bernie looks like he's right on the fence. Yet it's showing a proportional allocation of delegates.

Is it a case of "he needs to be > 50.0%" or just that the sites aren't calling it that close until it's official that he took all?

Every Democratic state is proportional with 15% threshold, no WTA states.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you can also live in hawaii kai, hawaii, but thats on oahu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Kai,_Hawaii
glottal stops omitted

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

quote:

At GOP headquarters in Kakaako, volunteers and staff fielded hundreds of phone calls from interested voters, overwhelming the party's voicemail system that maxed out with 50 messages Tuesday.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

alright im out, island time has won again

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
man when is hawaii gonna report a re must be like 12 republicans in the whole state

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!
You can also live in New York, New York.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mike the TV posted:

rubio should endorse trump, not cruz if he wants to try to pick up that vp spot.

The fact that you think Trump would pick any rival GOP presidential candidate as his VP is just lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sticking to my prediction that Trump picks a Trump body double for VP

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Immortan posted:

The fact that you think Trump would pick any rival GOP presidential candidate as his VP is just lol

i dont think it would work but it would be the funniest option for when he's denied

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I swear I thought the big island was called something else and all together it was Hawaii.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

man when is hawaii gonna report a re must be like 12 republicans in the whole state

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/31404258/hawaii-republican-caucus-to-take-place-tuesday

Midnight. So in like 4 hours. Plus they expect like 30% of the ballots to be provisional that wont be counted for a few more days so you might just want to go to sleep.

This is Hawaii, they aren't going to stay up all night loving about with nonsense.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sticking to my prediction that Trump picks a Trump body double for VP

Donald Trump, Jr.

That way, even if he dies, Donald Trump is president.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is there even a chance Rubio won Hawaii?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Patter Song posted:

Every Democratic state is proportional with 15% threshold, no WTA states.
Ah thanks, I must have mixed up the GOP/DEM rules for MI, then.

My facebook is exploding with bernie fans talking this up as a coup, but I was like "it's a net of 7 delegates over Hillary..." so I thought I might be missing something.

I prefer Bernie over Hillary, and am glad he's doing better than expected, but I don't see him doing more than a respectable 2nd place at this point, with the knock-on benefits of maybe bumping the Overton window, etc.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Moritastic posted:

You can also live in New York, New York.

What county is that in??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WhyteRyce posted:

What county is that in??

New York

Oddly enough Brooklyn is Kings County and Staten Island is Richmond

• Locked thread