Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

limaCAT posted:

I'd point you years of Italian politicians screaming against videogames like The Sims or stuff like Sailor Moon that they made people gay after newspapers touched on that issue.

Only when Videogames distributors started to flood newspapers of advertisement stopped the cyclical "oh wow videogames are terrible" at least here. Before? It was just a deluge of articles where videogames turned people into monsters [1].

Correlation is not causation, yet people like Jack Thompson, in our case idiots like Giovanardi or Casini, liked to use "uhrr durr, there are violent games and our kids are crap then therefore ban videogames", the only thing that so called-"criticism" omits is the "therefore..." part, but you can't tell me that some people will introduce the "therefore..." part later in the discourse, because I have seen that happening too.

In any case if anyone thinks that videogames turn people violent he is welcome to stop paying the videogames industry and stop playing online videogames, because he is contributing to the problem.

[1] I'm talking about stuff we have seen here in 1996, because some idiots started throwing rocks at speeding cars under highway bridges and killed a lady in the process, and at the the time according to newspapers it was [http://ricerca.repubblica.it/repubblica/archivio/repubblica/1997/01/22/giocavano-in-piazza-ken-il-guerriero.html]Hokuto no Ken's fault[/url], even if I read another newspaper pointing the finger at namco's shooting gallery game "Point Blank" (That's why the kids screamed "bingo" when they hit a car).

one of the dumbest posts ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

What is it with the cadre of shitposters that love to show up and talk about how caring about stuff is gay the minute any remotely serious discussion happens?

Are you referring to me? :saddowns:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

P4 would have been better with a FeMC option like P3P had

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

P4 would have been better with a FeMC option like P3P had

yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chie still sucks though

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mak0rz posted:

Are you referring to me? :saddowns:

I don't see anyone else going "hurr thread sure is bad now that people talked about a thing".

Sakurazuka posted:

Chie still sucks though

I wish I could get far enough in the game to see Rise.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Pouble Dost.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Chie still sucks though

queue up a ban on this chucklefuck

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

I don't see anyone else going "hurr thread sure is bad now that people talked about a thing".

Oh OK cool

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What's a FeMC.

Is it a corporation.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

What's a FeMC.

Is it a corporation.

Female Main Character c'mon son.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

What's a FeMC.

Is it a corporation.

Female Main Character

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you get to play as a woman, sorry, female.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Femm Cee is an easier abbreviation that Woman Emm Cee sorry.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why you gotta talk like TVtropes. Just say protagonista like a normal person.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What about "WoMC"?

":wom: Cee" kinda rolls off the tongue

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Why you gotta talk like TVtropes. Just say protagonista like a normal person.

No one has ever said that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

femshep

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Femm Cee is an easier abbreviation that Woman Emm Cee sorry.

what kind of monster actually pronounces the letters of an acronym like this irl

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

what kind of monster actually pronounces the letters of an acronym like this irl

Yeah I read it and immediately think "Fee Emm See."

It's all about how you capitalize your acronyms. If you want "Fem See" then it should be "FemC"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

noi meant that if you ever said it irl you would say female mc or female main character u owuldnt pronounce the acronym

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I want a Fem See

on my Pee See

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The pretty girl in the game that you play as

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

No one has ever said that

:thejoke:

Lady Naga posted:

The pretty girl in the game that you play as

I wanna play as the ugly girl.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
There are no ugly girls in games.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

One person died, quick let's blame videogames and not parents who did not give an education to their crotch spawn.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just like real life

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hooooooly poo poo.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Suddenly, I want to boycott your MSPaints.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Not to interrupt this scintillating discussion, but the new Monster Factory is a work of art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

Where did Polygon even come from I feel like one day they just popped up and started putting out good poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

are u 14

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Lol Polygon's been around for a while and most of their poo poo is not in fact good.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

oh ok

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Like the monster factory thing is neat but all of Polygon's writing is standard games journalism shill crap which is a huge letdown after they broke from (Kotaku? Destructoid?) with the promise of doing "REAL reporting" and then having their documentary get bankrolled by Microsoft, soon after publishing a suspiciously positive article about the 'bone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

There are no ugly girls in games.

But playing as ugly people owns.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

ah, that makes more sense. tbf, my only exposure to them has been the mcelroys, don't think I've actually read any of the actual articles v:shobon:v

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I like to play ugly characters in games, to escape from reality. :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
persona 3 has cool story but i thought the dungeons were even worse than 4's bad dungeons

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Who's everyone's favourite VAs? Quinton Flynn is really high up there for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Norio Wakamoto

• Locked thread