Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Very nice. have a :pgabz:

Danke. Also VealCutlet get that loving kittem and another and post them all the time to keep this thread readable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

Motive is always the thing. Don't get me wrong, we probably do have more than one sadistic psychopath in the thread that enjoys trolling for the schadenfreude; 'watching the world burn'

Haha what the gently caress dude

Take you're stupid pill's

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ghostlight posted:

I took a weekend off and fell significantly behind.

Instead of the usual caughtup.gif though, I will give you this one that I found while researching an idea. I have no idea where it originally comes from, the giphy page just came up as a search result.

SQ42 and Star Citizen are literally poo poo produced from Chris's rear end. A good gif.

holy fuckkkkk

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

But, unlike anything CIG related, something good came out of that mess.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-rise-of-nations-designer-revives-big-/1100-6423182/

Oh, yeah, Big Huge Games is NOT dead!

I wonder the same for CIG, when it does all go to hell. It'd be great to see the devs KS something that own's CR's dream this nightmare.

EightAce, make it happen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

skaboomizzy posted:

I just had a friend visit for a few days from Seattle and he was loving overjoyed to be able to go somewhere and get a JUST PLAIN loving COFFEE. Like, the big thing he wanted was a bagel and a plain cup of coffee, neither of which seem to exist in Seattle.
What is a plain coffee from a barista in America?

Like, what I would describe as a plain coffee in NZ is something you find in other countries as a rare speciality. What I picture when I think "plain coffee" for the US is just that lovely drip pot that exists in every white persons's kitchen and roadside diner on television.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Ghostlight posted:

Tall/Grande/Venti House/Mild/Dark.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Ghostlight posted:

Like, what I would describe as a plain coffee in NZ is something you find in other countries as a rare speciality. What I picture when I think "plain coffee" for the US is just that lovely drip pot that exists in every white persons's kitchen and roadside diner on television.

You are correct. It's just hot water run through coffee grounds and a filter. Drip coffee. The stuff the strung-out, haggard Waffle House waitress pours into your cup with a "you're welcome" grunt as you mutter "thanks".

Sometimes that's all you need and want. It's kept America running forever.

When my dad quit smoking as my older sister was on her way, he switched to coffee at work. Black. 10-12 cups a day. "If you want milk and sugar, just buy a candy bar."

God drat, now I wanna go to Waffle House.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

I took a weekend off and fell significantly behind.

Instead of the usual caughtup.gif though, I will give you this one that I found while researching an idea. I have no idea where it originally comes from, the giphy page just came up as a search result.

SQ42 and Star Citizen are literally poo poo produced from Chris's rear end. A good gif.

Derek, add this to the OP por favor.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ghostlight posted:

I hate coffee but my guess is coffee made from beans that are ground and then put in a strainer and have hot water poured through them at the proper temperature and for the proper amount of time to brew coffee without getting the poo poo flavor from the beans in the coffee. And then you drink it before some rear end in a top hat dumps pumpkin spice and goat milk in it.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
I was not much of a coffee drinker, but then I started buying the beans green and roasting it myself (also got a nice burr grinder), now I drink it all the time. It also has had the effect of making all other coffee taste like burnt crap. I just use a french press to make my coffee.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

LowellDND posted:

http://gizmodo.com/5792465/new-rail-gun-rounds-zip-through-steel-at-1-mile-a-second

I mean, this thing claims to be a railgun that fires SABOT rounds.

I only am posting about this because my planned scifi is ... having rail guns fire SABOT :v: So I need to make sure it makes any sense.

I don't usually nitpick but if you're writing a book or something you should probably know that sabot isn't an acronym.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Samizdata posted:

You know, it MIGHT work better if CSI added something like our Rap Sheet to their forums. Then you could actually, you know, SEE offending posts so you could learn from them. But, with their retroactive history reality distortion field active...

It's especially funny when you think that the mods treatment of "offensive" text is to just strike it out, rather than remove it completely, which leaves the text clearly there and still legible. I guess because they don't give a poo poo about that, but anyone who upsets the cash machine gets deleted, banned, and buried.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

I don't usually nitpick but if you're writing a book or something you should probably know that sabot isn't an acronym.

... Hunh. Good catch.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Eonwe posted:

like genghis khan did to countless people, pgabz is straight up murdering star citizen

And salting the earth behind him.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Troll Bridgington posted:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream." Chris Roberts says as Lesnick drowns in the chocolate river.

He sure as hell ain't going to fit in that pipeline.

(And if Sandi doesn't watch that snacking, she's going to end up like Veruca.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think he's saying Crob should start an "online university"

More degrees for the missus! She wants ALL the degrees!

(and has since she was a little girl.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

The refund was not for the KS game, since he had already delivered it. It was for the pos-KS version being sold on Steam. And my comment was that, after he started getting flak, he tried to deflect it into saying that the game was bad, blah, blah, blah. Yet, he made the video private anyway. So somewhere, he must have realized that he irresponsibly screwed up. So I called him out on it.

And then he went and hid it like a little bitch, so there was no real repercussions, right?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

KiddieGrinder posted:

It's especially funny when you think that the mods treatment of "offensive" text is to just strike it out, rather than remove it completely, which leaves the text clearly there and still legible. I guess because they don't give a poo poo about that, but anyone who upsets the cash machine gets deleted, banned, and buried.

Yeah, they deleted the Stimpire instead of just crossing it out and it's nowhere near as toxic as 90% of what gets posted on the RSI forums that gets left alone. It's really just dissent and total insanity that doesn't sell jpegs that gets quashed.

1500 posted:

I was not much of a coffee drinker, but then I started buying the beans green and roasting it myself (also got a nice burr grinder), now I drink it all the time. It also has had the effect of making all other coffee taste like burnt crap. I just use a french press to make my coffee.

What's your timing on the french press? Add water, swirl, add rest of water, wait 30 seconds, stir, wait 3.5 minutes, pour? Does it matter how dark the roast is?

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
I think I know who EightAce is. Given his personality and not giving a gently caress, knowing some information he is… DiscoLando

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

I just had a friend visit for a few days from Seattle and he was loving overjoyed to be able to go somewhere and get a JUST PLAIN loving COFFEE. Like, the big thing he wanted was a bagel and a plain cup of coffee, neither of which seem to exist in Seattle.

What, he couldn't just order an espresso with some hot water? Or 'Americano' if you prefer.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Stimpire is bad, whales sending dick picks to female citizens is OK.

DICKPICKS GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP COMMANDO.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Were are these 450 faithful goons at? I think this guy might have missed some developments in the last year. Also loling at the hard "I'm one of the good ones" groveling at these people... :rolleyes:

poo poo, am I getting poe'd again, aren't I?

"Want to know more?"

At some point you could see Cpt Underpants posting relatively frequently over at the Mittani: https://disqus.com/by/cptunderpants/

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 9, 2016

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Wulfling posted:

gently caress all of you and your lovely coffee talk. Give me some good Turkish tea in those teeny little classes that I feel like I'm going to break just trying to pick them up.

I like turtles.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Iv_sazoGg

Far more interesting that any Star Citizen video.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

MedicineHut posted:

"Want to know more?"

At some point you could see Cpt Underpants posting relatively frequently over at the Mittani: https://disqus.com/by/cptunderpants/
There are still true believers from here. They just don't show their faces in here.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

CptUnderpants, can't you drop by ones of these days and take a couple of minutes to clear up some things we have been mistaken about? There is no reason your voice should remain silent.

:reddit: "Burllhgh the social group you chose to hang out with"

:reddit: "Bluugh #notallgoons"

Hey Reddit I heard some redditors are racists

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You guys are okay with me, you're all part of the social group I choose to hang out with :unsmith:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

intardnation posted:

I like turtles.

Turtles you say?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Honestly, how isn't Star Citizen P2W?

lol, so if you add voiceacting to something it's not a tech demo anymore, good to know

'People still believe we play games all day': Development's perception problem

quote:

However, Roberts warns that being completely open about your game’s development is a “double-edged sword”.

“Since we share so much information externally, that provides ammunition for people who want to be negative,” he says. “You have to put up with the critics because the transparency helps in the education process and more people than not appreciate it.”

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Well that's certainly something...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Daztek posted:

lol, so if you add voiceacting to something it's not a tech demo anymore, good to know

Put up with critics because it helps you to educate them?

It sure would be awkward if any of the criticisms were valid huh...

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

quote:

Good question. We’re definitely gonna have a crossbow (thanks to Shroud of the Avatar). We’re definitely gonna have melee, so in the very early stage of the FPS, it’s just straight-up brawling, but in the long term plan for melee, you’ll have some basic punch/duck moves. But then you’ll be able to different places around the universe (like a Tevarian dojo) and learn some Tevarian martial arts, so then you’ll have extra moves to use.

From there, when you engage in hand to hand combat, the more moves you use, the more options you have against someone and the more defense you have. And if they haven’t had the same level of training, they’ll have fewer options to use against you. So it’ll be cool – if you spend a bit of time, you can pick up some combat moves around the universe. So we’ll definitely be having that on the melee basis.

For weapon options, we definitely have knives, not really sure about swords or hammers. So in the short term, probably not, but in the longer term, why not? It’s not all that different than a knife or some of the melee stuff I’m talking about. Although it probably won’t get to the point where two sword wielders can fence, who knows – in the long, long, long term future… :)

But generally, I would say you could expect the melee stuff you’d see in a modern world setting. So things like knives, different ways of fighting with your hands, and then guns and crossbows and stuff like that.

Don't forget all the melee combat there's going to be in the game, including alien martial arts that you must get trained in an alien dojo to learn.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YRshEn8K0

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

RubberJohnny posted:

Don't forget all the melee combat there's going to be in the game, including alien martial arts that you must get trained in an alien dojo to learn.

"Your thoughts and movements must be procedural like the flight of a bird and the landscape of a planet."

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Chalks posted:

Put up with critics because it helps you to educate them?

It sure would be awkward if any of the criticisms were valid huh...

"I cant hear your criticism with all this backer money shoved in my ear" CR. Something I can easily hear him say. Now sadly he cant deliver or see either.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

RubberJohnny posted:

And Sandi put her marine biology degree to good use whaling! There must be whaling in the PU right. life must imitate art!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Einbauschrank posted:

"Your thoughts and movements must be procedural like the flight of a bird and the landscape of a planet."

:goshawk:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

It's not a tech demo since the tech don't work

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

RubberJohnny posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a neat melee system. Tank Girl Barbie had the chance to try it on the Gamescon last year. It looks drat nice too. They did "partner" with CIG for cross-promotion and technology transfer. Wonder what happened to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Still broken.

Not only does the counter count upwards, it classifies them as 'expired' which I believe also makes them invisible to people just browsing.

Are you sure, I d swear there are tons of issues that are being correctly displayed and voted for etc? Unless I am reading it wrong?

• Locked thread