Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

I don't know which one of you is rocking the level 70 Teebo but it's loving :lol:

I KNOW, RIGHT? I pointed that out a few weeks ago. Whatever goon is doing that is doing the Lord's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I think I'm going to be CLOSE to ready for the Yoda event. Got my 5 Jedi (JC, Lumi, both 7*, QGJ can be 5 by then, Mace at 4 since I got him today, and a piddly little Jedi Knight Guardian at 2), and a whole bunch of GW/Arena credits to blow if need be (about 6000 each). If the Mace-farming goes well, I think I might just blow everything on Eeth Koth if I can get him to 5* to GET Yoda.

But the event runs for a week, so there's time to figure it out.

Speaking of time, I think it'd be about time to get some goon allies.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I kind of feel like we need to purge our ally pools and re-add the actives. I'm not sure if having inactive friends counts against you, though.

Supposedly, you're supposed to get 10 ally points whenever someone uses your ally, but I don't think that actually works right now.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I know some pubbies have snuck into my list, but no way to tell which is which.

My Yoda tally stands at:
7* Lumi
6* QGJ (halfway to 7)
5* Ahsoka
5* Barret
5* JC
5* Windows tomorrow.
4* Koth, will be 5* in <5 days.

Then the trick is to get enough of them to 6*, probably won't make it in time for this event to end though. Ace of Spades might be doable, but even at 10 shards/day that's not going to be enough... and I need another one. So probably next time this event rolls around.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I wont make 6* either.

Lum 7*
JC 6*
Eeth 6*
Qui-Gon 5*
Ahsoka 5*
Barris 4*
Mace 4*
Obi-Wan 4*
Kit 3*

Been working on Ahsoka and Barris.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for the next time Yoda comes around to do the 7 star one. All of my 5 star Jedi are almost at 6 right now. I've got:

7* Lumi
6* Plo
6* Eeth
5* Qui Gon
5* JC

If I go hard on Cantinas I should be able to have a full 7 star team for next month. The only problem is that's a pretty weak team, but I'm not sure what else to do since the other good Jedi are from HM farming.

E: Then we've got Scoundrel farming. Also gently caress whoever made ST Han not a Scoundrel.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I am going to have to wait on the 7* one till next month as well. My QGJ just isn't there yet and I don't feel like blowing a poo poo load of crystals to get him there. The event will come back and I'll be ready next time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
7* Lumi
7* Eeth Koth
5* Barris (should be 6* in a day or so)
5* JC
4* QGJ (Should be 5* in 3-4 days)

So yeah, I'm about to have Yoda. :smug:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I just hit 7* on all my Jedi today. Gonna run Barriss leader, QGJ, Lumi, consular and Eeth Koth. I keep hearing tier 7 is super hard so hopefully I can beat it using scrub-tier Eeth Koth.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Eeth Koth requires no purple hair dryers, so he's my highest power character.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

I just hit 7* on all my Jedi today. Gonna run Barriss leader, QGJ, Lumi, consular and Eeth Koth. I keep hearing tier 7 is super hard so hopefully I can beat it using scrub-tier Eeth Koth.

That's my exact line up. Barrista Coffee is at 65/100, the rest are 7*. I'm pretty sure she'll be 7* by the time it's over.

From what I understand of the last match, it's mostly up to luck if you've got Barriss for a leader. The typical strat seems to be to re-start the match until you get Yoda/Barriss/X, then kill the 3rd jedi, then beat Barriss down until she equalizes, then either do that part again or just kill Yoda from there. The only 'difficult' part is timing your heals, but most of what determines victory seems to be whether or not important characters get one-shot by Yoda in the first few rounds, or not.

I don't think Eeth's scrub-tier-ness is going to make or break your team, as you basically just need a warm (7*) body to keep the pressure up on Barriss. He seems to do well enough damage and have enough HP to fulfill that role competently, albeit not as well as a different character might. Plus, his stun will be super helpful mitigating bullshit coming from the opponents, and you might even get a chance to use it on Yoda.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

Plus, his stun will be super helpful mitigating bullshit coming from the opponents, and you might even get a chance to use it on Yoda.

That's a good point, I've seen it said so often that you shouldn't use effects that can be resisted that I forgot it probably doesn't apply to Yoda's buddies too. Although Yoda's battle meditation is basically immunity to debuffs. One of the devs said it gives 9,999% tenacity so there's no point in using a stun at all when it's up.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

That's a good point, I've seen it said so often that you shouldn't use effects that can be resisted that I forgot it probably doesn't apply to Yoda's buddies too. Although Yoda's battle meditation is basically immunity to debuffs. One of the devs said it gives 9,999% tenacity so there's no point in using a stun at all when it's up.

Note that that ability blocks Qui-Gon and Assaj's buff removal abilities as well.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Urgh dunno who to drop from my team when I get Sid tomorrow.

Lumi 3* (no)
JC 4*
QGJ 3*
GS 4* (no)
Kylo 4*

Anyone give a brief overview on this toda event so I can make the most of it?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Tai posted:

Lumi 3* (no)
JC 4*
QGJ 3*
GS 4* (no)
Kylo 4*

JC

Fight 7 stages. Each stage requires five jedi at shard level 1-7. Up to five you get gold and yoda shards, at 5 you get yoda.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

Lumi 3* (no)
JC 4*
QGJ 3*
GS 4* (no)
Kylo 4*

Drop JC from your Arena team.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Yoda AI doesn't start with Battle Meditation out of the gate, so it's possible that you'll be able to get to use it first round. But yes, any additional effect attack like that is pointless while it's up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
drat, came so close to 1st on main account today...I managed to somehow take out first at 5:40, but then was taken out at 5:50, and attacked again at 5:55...didn't have a chance to fight back. Fortunately, 2nd place attacked me the first time...and kept me in 2nd place, so as far as that goes, I'm pretty happy.

On my 2nd account, I'm holding top 10 on the 4th day of arena rewards. However, I realized I made a pretty big mistake. When I started the game, it skipped through the tutorial, and I was like, oh, cool, if you make a 2nd account, you don't have to go through that. Unfortunately, you miss out on at least 400 crystals and some shards...so I'm thinking about starting out again (I didn't want Ahsoka anyways) and seeing if I can get into a decent server group. I'm only 4 days in, so, not a huge loss. I'll see what a new account will get and decide if it's worth it.

e: It's actually only 200 crystals and 2 Vader shards you miss out on. Probably not worth it, but, on the other hand, I just opened Dathcha from the first Chromium, and just got 7 RG shards out of a bronzium. I don't think that's worth 4 days, but, it is tempting. I'm also once again in a brand new server, and having Dathcha makes a huge difference against people that buy the droid bundle.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 9, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

drat RNG keeping me down :colbert:

Went up against a enemy team with a Dooku, and of course he manages to stun both my Sid and Phasma with his opening lightning bolt. Meanwhile both my Dooku's bolt and Dakas attack manages to stun 0 people, then their Lumi manages to ability block my Lumi so I can't heal... that match went about as well as expected.

We need a Nuffle emote going MEDIOCRE

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just unlocked GW on my new account....I think it really needs tuning at lower levels...I'm level 40, and halfway through I'm fighting 4* level 50 teams. How the gently caress does that figure?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I donīt attack teams with Phasma/Dooku/Daka, ever. 2 of them is manageable but all 3 is infuriating.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Went up against a enemy team with a Dooku, and of course he manages to stun both my Sid and Phasma with his opening lightning bolt. Meanwhile both my Dooku's bolt and Dakas attack manages to stun 0 people, then their Lumi manages to ability block my Lumi so I can't heal... that match went about as well as expected.

a Dooku lightning bolt LOL

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

I donīt attack teams with Phasma/Dooku/Daka, ever. 2 of them is manageable but all 3 is infuriating.

I got all 3, I'm the insufferable one. Enemy Dooku attacked my Dooku, gets no bonus attack, my Dooku's second attack stuns him. Let's just say the rematch went better :smugwizard:

I still go from ~30 to ~70-80 in ranks quite often though. Poggle teams and Han/Poe teams can beat my bullshit, but it's probably up to Nuffle if the AI stuns the right people or not.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Pimpmust posted:

I recently had the perfect storm of kill kylo, kill daka, daka self-revives, revives kylo, lumi heals everyone. All my specials are on cool down and the other team is at full health.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

I got all 3, I'm the insufferable one. Enemy Dooku attacked my Dooku, gets no bonus attack, my Dooku's second attack stuns him. Let's just say the rematch went better :smugwizard:

I still go from ~30 to ~70-80 in ranks quite often though. Poggle teams and Han/Poe teams can beat my bullshit, but it's probably up to Nuffle if the AI stuns the right people or not.

I rock a Poe/Phasma team and have come to not give a poo poo about phasma/daka/dooku, because Daka is always dead before she can do anything.

edit: unless Dooku can get a double-stun off.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Drop rate on these mk VI purple cubes is poo poo. At least the attempts also drop blue laptops of which i need a poo poo ton.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My current frustration is the purple man-hole covers.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm level 64 , almost at 65, and I've got myself a 7* Lumi and a 7* Sid, if any goons want to add me, my code is 374-384-665.

Is there a code document somewhere? Half my list is empty after a clearout.

Is it worth it to make a big push for Arena? I'm sitting at an easy 550 (getting 600 points per day) on purpose, so that GW isn't a killer, but I haven't completed one in a few days.

EDIT: Yeah I do the arena fights, just enter and retreat them rather than win.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 9, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I don't run Phasma/Daka/Dooku any more. Everybody and their brother on my server runs Poe/Poggle, and it's easier to use QGJ/Lumi/Dooku/FOTP/GS in terms of rank maintenance. I can pretty much take out anybody on attack no matter what comp I use, so that's the only thing that matters.

Serperoth posted:

I'm level 64 , almost at 65, and I've got myself a 7* Lumi and a 7* Sid, if any goons want to add me, my code is 374-384-665.

Is there a code document somewhere? Half my list is empty after a clearout.

Is it worth it to make a big push for Arena? I'm sitting at an easy 550 (getting 600 points per day) on purpose, so that GW isn't a killer, but I haven't completed one in a few days.

Reliable daily completion of GW should be your primary goal until you have a padded enough bench. Arena doesn't matter nearly as much starting out, but it doesn't hurt to try to finish higher and higher every day. The GW matchmaking algorithm (from what little information we've been given) primarily looks at your highest power level that you've won an Arena match with, so there's no benefit to gimping your rank.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 9, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You should do a minimum of three arena attempts a day to clear all your daily achievements.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Arena top 200 should be your goal ideally, for 800 tokens a day.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alright, so there's no harm in focusing Arena more, thanks. I think I can do better than 500 so that's good to know. Hoping it doesn't gently caress my GW over much, but I have some second-rate guys to help with early matches so I should be kind of okay.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Serperoth posted:

Alright, so there's no harm in focusing Arena more, thanks. I think I can do better than 500 so that's good to know. Hoping it doesn't gently caress my GW over much, but I have some second-rate guys to help with early matches so I should be kind of okay.

Arena rank doesn't affect what you face in GW, just the power of your arena team. So if you're capable of reaching 200 with your current team, you should do so.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Arena rank doesn't affect what you face in GW, just the power of your arena team. So if you're capable of reaching 200 with your current team, you should do so.

According to Chilli, they walked this back a couple weeks ago. In reality, everything we know about this is from someone who works at CG, posting on Reddit. I don't think we even know his role, so his information is not always reliable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

According to Chilli, they walked this back a couple weeks ago. In reality, everything we know about this is from someone who works at CG, posting on Reddit. I don't think we even know his role, so his information is not always reliable.

No, I said that it was your last win, not your highest all-time win.

GW difficulty is based off of (at least) the power of your last arena winning squad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

GW difficulty is based off of (at least) the power of your last arena winning squad.

Oh, right. Well, whatever...their matchmaking sucks, and makes no sense.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Oh, right. Well, whatever...their matchmaking sucks, and makes no sense.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Serperoth posted:

Great added you. Mine is 961-498-628 if anyone has room to help boost me.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

It only changes if your power has gone up, though, so it might as well be the highest power team you've ever used in Arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mooktastical posted:

It only changes if your power has gone up, though, so it might as well be the highest power team you've ever used in Arena.

I know it's anecdotal, but a week or so ago I changed up my arena team, dropping some 7* characters for some 5* ones. My team power dropped by at least 2k. In that time, the GW has been super easy, with at most one really challenging fight. Oh also I'm level 70.

• Locked thread