Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

soggybagel posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. I feel like there's a pretty strong female audience.

women listen to who charted, yo is this racist, and the wolf den.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Work Friend Keven posted:

women listen to who charted, yo is this racist, and the wolf den.

yo is this post sexist?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think anyone listens to the wolf den

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Women LOVE the wolf den.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Hahah is there actually going to be a series about Hanfords John lennon character

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is there a reason Hollywood Handbook doesn't have its own thread? I feel like it's this threads' favorite podcast, and I feel like there's enough fodder to support it's own thread. And it would be nice to have somewhere to go to find out when the Interstellar popcorn gallery bit took place (Thomas Middleditch) or when Sean did his vocal warm-up (57).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is there a reason Hollywood Handbook doesn't have its own thread? I feel like it's this threads' favorite podcast, and I feel like there's enough fodder to support it's own thread. And it would be nice to have somewhere to go to find out when the Interstellar popcorn gallery bit took place (Thomas Middleditch) or when Sean did his vocal warm-up (57).

Then what would this thread be about?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tarranon posted:

Don't forget all the wtf you can handle

He likes cats! Even tho he's a guy!!

To be fair, I think that like 80% of people who listen to WTF skip past the opening rant/ads and go straight to the interviews, which do tend to be pretty good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
don't DO this to me

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

manyak posted:

Hahah is there actually going to be a series about Hanfords John lennon character

So he said on his AMA

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I listened to a preview of Colt Cabana's Howl show, it was like radiolab but about wrestling stories, it sounded like something I would listen to and reminisce about when I watched wrestling but if that's the only thing about Howl that I give a poo poo about I doubt I'll ever get Howl

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I there anything on there worth listening to besides the Superego one? Even that doesn't seem to have updated since December.

e: And it's probably even more in question moving forward with Superego itself ending and all.

It was always a limited series. Gourley said they weren't making any more Forgotten Classics and that was always part of the plan.

But yeah, Howl is terrible. Just bungle after bungle. I subscribed for a few months just to throw 'em a few bucks, but when Forgotten Classics ended I just couldn't bother any longer. I'll do it again when new Superego stuff comes out.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Normally I hate when someone has to call in to a podcast, but Sean is better over the phone than most people are in-studio.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crindee posted:

Normally I hate when someone has to call in to a podcast, but Sean is better over the phone than most people are in-studio.
sean had the best call-in performance i'd ever heard and also it was just one of the funniest things ever.

that may be my favorite hollywood handbook episode

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
If = new hollywood handbook episode
then= that may be my favorite hollywood handbook episode

show owns

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lost my drat mind at the rude Italian bird

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

He's just having his Sunday Funday

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hello, this is swat team

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

It didn't used to be as popular as it is now and no one has bothered making one before.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

One egg makes you smaller.......

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i like having one earwolf thread. it keeps the incestuous instincts of HH fans contained

if we had an HH thread it would turn into a comedy black hole almost instantly

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The fact that aren't breaking every second is a testament to their genius.

E: also Sean is definitely referring to Jonathan Daniel Brown who is a real loving doofus.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 9, 2016

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

Then what would this thread be about?

Funny podcasts.

Howl also has like a hundred comedy albums up, so it might be a better deal than you'd think. If you likeistrning to comedy albums.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

E: also Sean is definitely referring to Jonathan Daniel Brown who is a real loving doofus.
looooool awesome

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Does earwolf really need a podcast specifically for smarmy manager/finance guys, that "Question of the Day" one? Todays episode "What to do when your Uber driver is less than Uber?" other ones "Business lessons from the Kardashians" "Should I prepare my kids to be billionaires?" "The most important issues faced by managers"

Cant they just put that on whatever podcast network has the million other HOw to get rich and be a Good Adult podcasts instead of on Earwolf

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Tarranon posted:

i like having one earwolf thread. it keeps the incestuous instincts of HH fans contained

if we had an HH thread it would turn into a comedy black hole almost instantly

Speak on that, and isn't that interesting, and so on for pages and pages and pages.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

manyak posted:

Does earwolf really need a podcast specifically for smarmy manager/finance guys, that "Question of the Day" one? Todays episode "What to do when your Uber driver is less than Uber?" other ones "Business lessons from the Kardashians" "Should I prepare my kids to be billionaires?" "The most important issues faced by managers"

Cant they just put that on whatever podcast network has the million other HOw to get rich and be a Good Adult podcasts instead of on Earwolf

I'm making this up but I guess maybe getting different types of podcasts under Earwolf opens them up to more advertisers for Midroll (I haven't listened though so maybe they're just doing the same ads all the others are doing)

Also even though it sounds like it's probably kind of insufferable that Question of the Day thing seems to get better numbers than most Earwolf stuff

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus Earwolf has always had some non-comedy podcasts. Personally, I don't care about them. I just ignore the podcasts I don't like and don't listen to them. Comedy or not.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm making this up but I guess maybe getting different types of podcasts under Earwolf opens them up to more advertisers for Midroll (I haven't listened though so maybe they're just doing the same ads all the others are doing)

Also even though it sounds like it's probably kind of insufferable that Question of the Day thing seems to get better numbers than most Earwolf stuff

Midroll already works outside Earwolf though? I'm pretty sure WTF and the giant bomb cast get ads through midroll for instance.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Riptor posted:

God drat, i love I Was There Too but christ the most recent guest put me to sleep

Yeah that was rough. I had just finished the Stephen Tobolowsky ep right beforehand too, so the drop off was extra noticeable.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

manyak posted:

that podcast is really bad

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This week's episode finally confirmed it, but my favorite thing in Spontaneanation is when Eban plays music that throws PFT off his game. Having him stop mid-sentence to tell him to stop playing a spooky version of the theme killed me, and the other times its happened were basically just as funny to me. The time that the Three Stooges theme made him incredibly upset is still one of the top moments of the whole run so far. I love it and I don't know why.

2nd to that is PFT getting thrown off his game in basically any other way. Someone saying something unexpected, someone making an eye-rolling joke, stuff like that. Him making himself upset at the prospect of a million episodes was good.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

that podcast is really bad

The first episode was literally "Why do people settle for a 9 to 5 job?" and was so elitist and tone deaf that I never listened again.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The Vinnie Jones Casper ad read had me laughing my rear end off.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

BobTheCow posted:

Yeah that was rough. I had just finished the Stephen Tobolowsky ep right beforehand too, so the drop off was extra noticeable.

I found him charming but I listened to it in discreet chunks. He seemed polite, generous, and yeah a bit lethargic.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I thought it was fine. I guess It may be more boring for people who haven't seen ET like 100 times, though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, a bit sleepy but I haven't seen ET in many years and I still enjoyed it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

The fact that aren't breaking every second is a testament to their genius.

Oh definitely. There was a period where my Facebook algorithm would put his annoying rear end posts into my timeline constantly because we had mutual friends. I think Will Weldon posted these FB messages he sent where he accused the LA alt comedy of trying to destroy him and being big meanies. When in reality he has a really annoying personality.

He was also on the Bang Bros reality site gently caress Team 5 lol.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Oh definitely. There was a period where my Facebook algorithm would put his annoying rear end posts into my timeline constantly because we had mutual friends. I think Will Weldon posted these FB messages he sent where he accused the LA alt comedy of trying to destroy him and being big meanies. When in reality he has a really annoying personality.

He definitely has posted poo poo on Facebook that I've seen and its just like, jesus dude. He has called people racists, he has accused the various comedy schools of being scams/cults, and basically just come off as a really big dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Woah