Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

That is from Charlie Catches a Leprechaun. He says that as he's walking to the basement. The similar situation is in the clip Brawnfire linked.

Ahh, my mistake, I misread and thought he was quoting the linked clip and not the Leprechaun episode. The first time I watched the episode, I knew the dialogue sounded similar to the convo in Gas Crisis, but I thought that last line might have been a direct lift from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cojawfee posted:

That is from Charlie Catches a Leprechaun. He says that as he's walking to the basement. The similar situation is in the clip Brawnfire linked.

Yeah... Ok.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Ahh, my mistake, I misread and thought he was quoting the linked clip and not the Leprechaun episode. The first time I watched the episode, I knew the dialogue sounded similar to the convo in Gas Crisis, but I thought that last line might have been a direct lift from it.

*points to both of you* ....yes!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I don't think anything in this show tops "Her breasts....what about her breasts?" "Her breasts were...obliterated."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

I don't think anything in this show tops "Her breasts....what about her breasts?" "Her breasts were...obliterated."

That doctor's delivery of the word "obliterated" deserved an Emmy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

Aw I mixed it up, but yeah the leprechaun one was what I was thinking of.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

FireWorksWell posted:

The forecast..calls for.. sunshine

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

That doctor's delivery of the word "obliterated" deserved an Emmy.

Also the doctor's deadpan delivery of how Dennis's dick won't work anymore, and his "Kill....me...."

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Reminds me of another favorite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5xrkNeO2QI

This one was so good, they had a hard time filming it. Another one of my favorite Sunny blooper reel moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqqeaKY2vY#t=1m52s

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
In "Mac and Charlie Die", I have a hard time believing that Frank didn't know what a gloryhole is. I get that they had to have Dennis explain it for the audience's sake, but it seems like he'd be familiar with the concept.
Charlie pulling his teeth out in the next scene and then Mac driving the car into the wall are perfect, though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For spending lots of time plowing whores, Frank seems to be unaware of a lot of sexual things. Like he also didn't know what a creampie was.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Frank will be the first to tell you that he just doesn't understand our generation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A recap?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Haha they say "impressions" and Dee slides into frame immediately.

edit:so I guess we're getting a bottle episode as a finale.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So racist Dee.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone called it. Someone very much called it.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Someone called it. Someone very much called it.

It helps that the alternative would have been that the show would be over, so duh?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

It helps that the alternative would have been that the show would be over, so duh?

I would have taken a season of the gang traversing around literal hell annoying demons and poo poo.

Okay no not really but that was a pretty touching episode in its own way.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That was incredibly well done, and I am very satisfied with the ending of that season. The shift between touching hand-holding to single-minded swim-fighting was perfect. Classic 'Sunny.'

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a really fun episode. Especially how everyone got into the imaginary dinner with Mac ruining it by "flipping" the table.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Where mah senators at?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dennis' CCH Pounder was pretty fuckin' great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

suboptimal posted:

Dennis' CCH Pounder was pretty fuckin' great.

That whole scene was just magnificent. It was a flawless impression.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Fantastic episode all the way around.

Cowboys/Romo bit was A++ too

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
At first I wasn't sure what to take from this episode, but now I feel like this was a satire on "box episodes" because they still didn't really get closer or learn a whole lot about each other. Although the scene of them holding hands underwater might be the first time an emotional moment on the show was played straight, even if it was followed by jokes as they swam to the top.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dennis' "OUR home?" reaction cracked me up. Watching them all needlessly fight as they swam up to be rescued was so perfect.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

At first I wasn't sure what to take from this episode, but now I feel like this was a satire on "box episodes" because they still didn't really get closer or learn a whole lot about each other. Although the scene of them holding hands underwater might be the first time an emotional moment on the show was played straight, even if it was followed by jokes as they swam to the top.

It's pretty beautiful in it's symbolism too, in that seeing any sort of real emotional growth would be in essence the death of the gang and the show.

And yeah, "OUR House!?" was brilliant. Only thing I was disappointed by was that during Mac's dinner Dee is sitting peacefully in the background, rather than offering silly reactions to the farce playing out in front of her. Actually pretty surprised Kaitlin didn't wind up doing something there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I took it as them shunning her after her Obama impression.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The bird was beautiful under water.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thought she was just sitting in the back through "dinner" because she had just announced that she was done with the gang.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh remember when you guys thought Mac wouldn't revert on his gayness once his "faith" in God returns? remember? do you remember guys? :smug:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So if Dennis got natural acting talent is it possible Dee's a naturally gifted veterinarian?

Though I guess we already sorta know Dee is much better at seduction and date rape than Dennis is so perhaps that's the switcheroo.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
The gang making boat sounds was great, I'm glad they stretched that out as long as they did.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

The Shield acknowledgement made my heart smile. And everything else was fantastic, from the confessions turning into tattle-tailing to flipping a imaginary table at a imaginary dinner (AT OUR HOUSE?) to OY OY OY OY OYing at Charlie to calm him down. Great end to a great season. I hate waiting 10 months :smith:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FELD1 posted:

edit:so I guess we're getting a bottle episode as a finale.

I love that they did a bottle episode but also had it on a set that could be flooded and did a bunch of swimming and underwater camera work. Even if it was a stock set they had sitting around it's still way more expensive and difficult than most episodes of the show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PittTheElder posted:

It's pretty beautiful in it's symbolism too, in that seeing any sort of real emotional growth would be in essence the death of the gang and the show.

And yeah, "OUR House!?" was brilliant. Only thing I was disappointed by was that during Mac's dinner Dee is sitting peacefully in the background, rather than offering silly reactions to the farce playing out in front of her. Actually pretty surprised Kaitlin didn't wind up doing something there.

She was preparing herself for the moment where she could make blender noises and offering everybody milk shakes.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I thought Mac acknowledging that he's gay would make that a lot less funny, but instead we got:

"Okay, I'll be a bottom now, but in real life, just to be clear, I'm gonna be a top."

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Apparently Danny Devito almost died on set during that underwater scene.

http://www.businessinsider.com/danny-devito-almost-died-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-2016-2

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Overdrift posted:

Apparently Danny Devito almost died on set during that underwater scene.

http://www.businessinsider.com/danny-devito-almost-died-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-2016-2

gently caress, that would've been dark on so many levels. Is he still going to be on for Season 12 after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's funny cause Danny\Frank being too buoyant gets brought up in "the gang buys a boat".

Though joking aside sounds like a terrifying moment.