Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/warrentredrea/status/707676037115564033

Clever blokes, footballers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

is brad crouch the one that bigfooty reckons is going to replace dangerfield seamlessly?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

is brad crouch the one that bigfooty reckons is going to replace dangerfield seamlessly?

The very same.

Rory Atkins is also the one they're expecting to play instead of David Mackay, so it's double the fun at the moment.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
The most interesting part of that statement is the reminder that some bloke named Don Pyke is now the coach of Adelaide.

Does anyone know what Don Pyke actually looks like.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

pkid posted:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Seriously though someone not knowing who Don Pyke is makes me feel really old and I'm still (barely) in my 20s :(

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

NTRabbit posted:

The very same.

Rory Atkins is also the one they're expecting to play instead of David Mackay, so it's double the fun at the moment.

Drinking their own bathwater already

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The Bulldogs team for this Saturday is pretty much going to be our best possible team. I think that Caleb Daniel, Toby McLean & Nathan Hrovat are all fighting over the same spot in our 22, one of Collins & Adams will miss out(I think Collins because he is still a kid despite looking like a 35 year old man), Campbell will be our 1st choice ruckman and Shane Biggs could easily miss out just because we have better rebounders although he is actually the best 1 on 1 defender out of our rebounders.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So are we all pumped for the return of The Footy Show tonight? Can't wait to see an elite panel of AFL experts tackle the big issues, like Billy Brownless' sex life.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Brown Paper Bag posted:

So are we all pumped for the return of The Footy Show tonight? Can't wait to see an elite panel of AFL experts tackle the big issues, like Billy Brownless' sex life.

This season will have a rotating series of guest hosts to fill in for Lyon. First up: Billy Brownless' ex-wife.

(actually Sam Newman in drag)

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
A cardboard cut out fo Lyon will fill in for him just fine

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This season will have a rotating series of guest hosts to fill in for Lyon. First up: Billy Brownless' ex-wife.

(actually Sam Newman in drag)

Drag and black face, just to cover all bases

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The club Melbourne deserves.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

A cardboard cut out fo Lyon will fill in for him just fine

The occasional cut to him crying on a stretcher and then show the clips of him doing his hammy a few years ago. Throw in a couple of hairy man jokes and it will be as if he isn't missing

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

The club Melbourne deserves.

the carlton monogram is peeled back to reveal... the carlton monogram

masters of disguise

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Peel away the gloss and it's just the same old Cartlon underneath. /hearaldsuncomment

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Brendon Bolton is Robin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic7IRO9d6I

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I just saw a brilliant facebook comment on the Footy Show. The bloke was saying that the best thing for the show would be to get a host from outside the footy boys club to breathe some fresh air into the format. The person he landed on? Shane Warne.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

pkid posted:

The most interesting part of that statement is the reminder that some bloke named Don Pyke is now the coach of Adelaide.

Yer a fukkin flog m8

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Looks a little young to be coaching an AFL team.

But yeah, I assume the fact we have barely heard peep from Adelaide re: Don Pyke, is just the whole reason as to why he's gotten the job in the first place. Just keeping it as low key as possible. Certainly don't think it's any VIC media reasons or anything as there was enough talk when Hinkley/Sanderson/Walsh took jobs so can only think that's the reason.

You Am I posted:

Drag and black face, just to cover all bases

That's next week when "Adam Goodes" guest hosts

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Harley Bennell is getting his first run for the Purples on the weekend V the Cats at Subi. Keen to see how he goes and where he plays, I'm expecting changing off the half forward line in the middle with Fyfe/Mundy/Walters

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

Looks a little young to be coaching an AFL team.

But yeah, I assume the fact we have barely heard peep from Adelaide re: Don Pyke, is just the whole reason as to why he's gotten the job in the first place. Just keeping it as low key as possible. Certainly don't think it's any VIC media reasons or anything as there was enough talk when Hinkley/Sanderson/Walsh took jobs so can only think that's the reason.

It's also because of the unusual circumstances - how many new coaches come in and take over a semi-finalist who are more likely on the way up than the way down? Most new coaches have to come in and eplain to the fans and the media how they're going to be different with this previously disappointing bottom 4 side.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

It's also because of the unusual circumstances - how many new coaches come in and take over a semi-finalist who are more likely on the way up than the way down? Most new coaches have to come in and eplain to the fans and the media how they're going to be different with this previously disappointing bottom 4 side.

Yeah, that was sort of part of my point .. but I think it's definitely more linked the why they had to get a new coach, not so much that a new coach took over an up and coming team. Can't really go around celebrating publicly with big smiles and fan fare when the reason you have a new coach was the last one was murdered.

Not sure who the last coach to take over a 'successful' team was .. maybe Chris Scott?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/03-16/dogs-depth-could-be-plundered-by-rival-clubs-glenn-luff#g0mpG6LA9zy8yhul.97

The Hawks will be waiting to give us a wedgie to welcome us to the big leagues before they take whoever they want.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

quote:

EXCLUSIVE

Police detain Richmond star Dustin Martin’s father Shane Martin
an hour ago
Ellen Whinnett national political editor Herald Sun

RICHMOND star Dustin Martin’s father Shane has been locked up by police and immigration officials and faces being booted out of Australia over his links to the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang.

The Herald Sun can reveal Shane Martin was detained this morning in south-western Sydney after his residency visa was cancelled over his alleged failure to meet minimum character requirements.

Border Force officials and New South Wales police are understood to have placed him in custody and ordered he be deported to his homeland of New Zealand.

It is alleged he is a high-ranking officials with the Rebels, Australia’s largest bikie gang.

New laws which came into effect in December 2014 give Immigration Minister Peter Dutton more power to revoke, or refuse to renew, a person’s visa on character grounds.

Asked about Mr Martin’s detention today, Mr Dutton’s spokesman said: “We do not comment on individual cases.

“I can confirm there was an operation in Sydney today related to the cancellation of a visa.’’

more to come..
Visa cancellation. loving hell.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Well, I dunno, how about not being a high ranking official in a bikie gang.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Apparently Richmond have asked the AFL to end the game early. Hardwick's telling blokes to come off and stay off.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
A quick look suggests they've racked up a few injuries too. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Dusty's dad is white so he should get his visa back soon enough.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Richmond gameplan

Gather ball
Kick to stationary lateral option
Miss kick
Regain ball
Kick to stationary lateral option
Miss kick
Regain ball
Mindlessly boot ball forward
Intercept posession
Don't defend
Don't defend
Don't defend
Concede goal

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Dusty's dad is white so he should get his visa back soon enough.

He's Maori, so who knows what the government would do with him. (Something not good I'm guessing).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Boy I'm sure Dustin grew up in a great environment.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Good thing he was drafted to Richmond too, with such upstanding citizens such as Jake King there to mentor him

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

I just saw a brilliant facebook comment on the Footy Show. The bloke was saying that the best thing for the show would be to get a host from outside the footy boys club to breathe some fresh air into the format. The person he landed on? Shane Warne.

An idea I'd describe as dirty rotten

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snaeksikn posted:

Good thing he was drafted to Richmond too, with such upstanding citizens such as Jake King there to mentor him

And Cousins

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Honestly I feel for Dusty. That must be a horrible thing to learn during a game of footy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shmoses posted:

Honestly I feel for Dusty. That must be a horrible thing to learn during a game of footy.

pretty sure he already knows his father's a oval office

pretty sure he's proud of it every day

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Just came back from the game tonight, left at 3QT.
Someone on Port clearly got into Dusty about his old man because there was a decent scrap in front of the Richmond cheer squad. The umps got the ball out and restarted play. After the scrap finished Dusty jogged off and basically threw himself on the bench and really slumped.

He really had the body language of someone with a fair bit on his mind.

I know he is a bit of a shithead and the incident with the chopsticks hasn't helped his reputation but geez it's hard to not be a product of your environment growing up.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol at dickheads defending border farces Colgate policy to visa cancellation(now with extra whitening)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
"By law it’s not wrong, morally it’s wrong on all aspects. We know right from wrong ... don’t touch a man’s wallet, don’t touch his wife.’’"

Yeah cool Billy. Your wife was a thing you owned that nobody can touch, just like a wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

tnimark posted:

"By law it’s not wrong, morally it’s wrong on all aspects. We know right from wrong ... don’t touch a man’s wallet, don’t touch his wife.’’"

Yeah cool Billy. Your wife was a thing you owned that nobody can touch, just like a wallet.

Also they'd split by that point, so you also own your ex-wife

• Locked thread