Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Word on street is that Rosemon BM's ability is giving pierce to her teammates :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Word on street is that Rosemon BM's ability is giving pierce to her teammates :stare:

Rosemon confirmed for being top-tier Data type.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK CHAOSMON. The dude who's a better Omnimon because he has loving BANCHOLEOMON AS HIS ARM. I don't even care if PS4 users get the preorder DLC anymore if we're getting that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

TaurusOxford posted:

Rosemon confirmed for being top-tier Data type.

If that's true then the new best team probably turns from "UlforceVeedramon, Lilithmon, and some other dude" to "UlforceVeedramon, Rosemon BM, and some other dude". I'm pretty pumped.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

started the seven deadly digimon dlc because fire emblem was annoying me and lol beelzemon killed himself before he ever got a hit in. what's best is he did it just as the countdown finished and he said 'time to finish this'

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Where'd you hear this? I haven't seen anything about their abilities.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

TaurusOxford posted:

I was confused at first, wondering why Shakkoumon wasn't given a Mega when Silphymon is. Then I checked the Digimon Wiki and realized Shakkoumon was never actually given a unique Mega and just steals Vikemon.

Cool that we're getting the burst modes. Boo that Hackmon is still stuck warp digivolving.

Vikemon was Shakkoumon's original Mega, they just gave it to Zudomon later on because that actually makes sense.

Gomamon's 'original' Mega was Plesiomon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ApplesandOranges posted:

Vikemon was Shakkoumon's original Mega, they just gave it to Zudomon later on because that actually makes sense.

Gomamon's 'original' Mega was Plesiomon.

Yeah TBF Vikemon makes literally no sense at all as Shakkoumon's Mega.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://kotaku.com/because-you-can-never-have-too-many-digimon-heres-seve-1763537569

How reliable is Kotaku? They're claiming the new mons are unlocked by clearing new quests

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'll have to feed BanchoLeomon some more luck dependent Exciting Meat for the DNA Digivolve, but that's fine because I'm swimming in yen to the point where I don't even have to save scum it anymore, I can just brute force it. Who does Darkdramon (traditionally) level from?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Dawn/Dusk had him digivolve from Megadramon. I would guess Gigadramon has a decent chance of being able to digivolve into him too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm in the later half of chapter 9 and I have three PlatNumemons with three Tactician USBs each. Is there a better ginding spot available?

I'm sick of fighting Peckmons.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't remember if that's Avalon Server or Valhalla Server. Unless you didn't compelte the Hagurumon quest and so are still farming there. In which case, yeah, that'll be the best for a while. Like, "chapter 15" type of awhile. But chapter 15 isn't that far off, don't get bummed out. You'll see what I mean when you continue on the story.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is there a decent resource somewhere on evovlving/devolving Digimon? I'm new to the series and I think I sort of get it but I have no idea what I should be working towards. For example, I have no healer. Is that a problem or is that by design?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Levantine posted:

Is there a decent resource somewhere on evovlving/devolving Digimon? I'm new to the series and I think I sort of get it but I have no idea what I should be working towards. For example, I have no healer. Is that a problem or is that by design?

You don't really need a dedicated healer in Cyber Sleuth. Status effects disappear after battles end, and you get all your health/energy back at level up, plus you get a surplus of items you can use mid battle anyway. The most important thing is to have a good balance of vaccine, data, and virus types to counter whatever typing your opponents have. Other than that, use who looks cool to you.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

You don't really need a dedicated healer in Cyber Sleuth. Status effects disappear after battles end, and you get all your health/energy back at level up, plus you get a surplus of items you can use mid battle anyway. The most important thing is to have a good balance of vaccine, data, and virus types to counter whatever typing your opponents have. Other than that, use who looks cool to you.

Ok, I can roll with that. For devolution - do you use that to grind up stats or something? I had some Digimon that couldn't take some of their Evolution paths due to low stats or whatever. Does Devolving them and grinding them back up fix that?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Levantine posted:

Ok, I can roll with that. For devolution - do you use that to grind up stats or something? I had some Digimon that couldn't take some of their Evolution paths due to low stats or whatever. Does Devolving them and grinding them back up fix that?

Devolving mostly affects maximum level and ABI. For example, I can digi-convert a Greymon, but it's maximum level will be 25, meaning it won't be able to get high enough level/stats to get to MetalGreymon. What you have to do in that case is devolve it back to an Agumon, train it back up so it can become Greymon again, and it's maximum level should increase enough that it can get the stats necessary for MetalGreymon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm in the later half of chapter 9 and I have three PlatNumemons with three Tactician USBs each. Is there a better ginding spot available?

I'm sick of fighting Peckmons.

go do the story for a bit and a bunch of way better spots will open up

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Keep in mind that the level it is when you digivolve/devolve them affects the ABI gain upon (de-)digivolution. As de-digivolution gets you a higher ABI gain, it may be smarter to level Greymon up to level 20-25 before you de-digivolve him, if it's feasible.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Devolving mostly affects maximum level and ABI. For example, I can digi-convert a Greymon, but it's maximum level will be 25, meaning it won't be able to get high enough level/stats to get to MetalGreymon. What you have to do in that case is devolve it back to an Agumon, train it back up so it can become Greymon again, and it's maximum level should increase enough that it can get the stats necessary for MetalGreymon.

Ok, thank you. I figured that's what I was doing with it but being very new to the concept of Digimon I feel a bit overloaded.

For the Farm - is that where you stick Digimon that you can't use/take you over your summon limit? What should I be doing there with them?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I generally have one farm researching and the rest developing, but you can do it however you want.

Researching gives you a bunch of extra sidequests, but they're tedious and they repeat, so if you get bored of them, stop researching.

Developing gives you the all-important Tactician USBs, if you develop for 1000. This cuts grinding time significantly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Levantine posted:

Yes. Sending them down and back up will increase their max level, which naturally means they can attain higher stats just by leveling more, but it also raises their ABI, which determines how much training they can do on the farm. Farm training counts towards evolution as well and lasts between changes so you shouldn't neglect it.

Also, a final tip the game doesn't tell you: the nature of your digimon affects their base stats, so if they're FIGHTER or BUILDER or whatever it has an effect on their stat spread. You can use items to change it, which immediately alters their stats to fit. This is important because it can alleviate the need for grinding for high stat totals, and makes megas especially much less of a pain to get.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

corn in the bible posted:

Yes. Sending them down and back up will increase their max level, which naturally means they can attain higher stats just by leveling more, but it also raises their ABI, which determines how much training they can do on the farm. Farm training counts towards evolution as well and lasts between changes so you shouldn't neglect it.

Also, a final tip the game doesn't tell you: the nature of your digimon affects their base stats, so if they're FIGHTER or BUILDER or whatever it has an effect on their stat spread. You can use items to change it, which immediately alters their stats to fit. This is important because it can alleviate the need for grinding for high stat totals, and makes megas especially much less of a pain to get.

I wondered what those items did, thank you. Based on that, the Megas are just an endpoint for evolution based on stats? In other words, I can just level/evolve/devolve to get them? I just want to make sure there aren't weird arcane requirements for the good stuff.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Levantine posted:

I wondered what those items did, thank you. Based on that, the Megas are just an endpoint for evolution based on stats? In other words, I can just level/evolve/devolve to get them? I just want to make sure there aren't weird arcane requirements for the good stuff.

Arcane requirements in Digimon?
:unsmigghh:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Levantine posted:

Most megas have ABI requirements, sometimes very high ones. That's the main thing you need to watch out for because it's the most annoying thing to raise.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I highly recommend that when you need to de-digivolve a digimon for a higher max level to raise them up to their current max level (or at least as close as is viable) and then de-digivolving them. It increases your ABI significantly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sometimes evolutions require a quest or part of the storyline done before you can do them. If you see something that needs an egg or something weird like that then that's what's going on.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I wouldn't raise them to their current max level then digivolve them, what I did was usually raise them (if they're level cap is above 50) to around the forties then de-digivolve them, or if they're level cap is above 70 then farm them to the sixties then de-digivolve them. The ABI you gain from maxing a Digimon and then de/digivolving them isn't very significant compared to just de/digivolving them at an arbitrary high level. What I guess I'm saying is get to a point that works for you personally.

Also to that other dude that wanted farming information, I totally forgot about it but I believe in Chapter 13 you can enter the Shinjuku Subway system that has a lot of nice monsters that give you equal-greater exp than Hagurumon's dungeon fiesta. Starting from the second map of the area specifically can get you an enemy team of four mamemon's/metalmamemon's which give you the highest exp there.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, yeah. I raise them to the max or like level 40 or so, depending on circumstance.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Well, the front line of my team is now a bug, a robot, and a bug robot. This feels proper.

The buff field skills seem pretty SP hungry. I usually open with Tigervespamon using the speed boost, Machinedramon boosting attack, and HeraclesKabuterimon boosting intelligence. Vaccines and earth guys give it trouble but otherwise this seems solid?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Well, the front line of my team is now a bug, a robot, and a bug robot. This feels proper.

The buff field skills seem pretty SP hungry. I usually open with Tigervespamon using the speed boost, Machinedramon boosting attack, and HeraclesKabuterimon boosting intelligence. Vaccines and earth guys give it trouble but otherwise this seems solid?

Try to get Character Reversal on one of your guys, it does wonders when you are at type disadvantage.

Other than that, it seems like a solid team.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I've just finished downloading this game. Should I be hesitant about digivolving my team or am I free to experiment? Also, and I correct in assuming that my starter is abnormally weak for their species?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Geostomp posted:

I've just finished downloading this game. Should I be hesitant about digivolving my team or am I free to experiment? Also, and I correct in assuming that my starter is abnormally weak for their species?

You're free to experiment, raising digimons is by far the best part of the game. Hell, with enough patience you could digivolve your starter into every digimon available in the game

And no, your starter just has the default stats.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
You are free to experiment however you want; the only real limiter is that you will need the experience to get levels back when you change someone, and some forms require your dudes to be more friendly with you (use them) or have more ability points(meta-experience for stat training you get by evolving things).

I don't think the starters are weaker than any other critter like them. Their personalities apparently have an effect on their stats though. I recommend nick naming everyone so you don't lose track of who is what.

So my LadyDevimon is 99 and can change into what I presume is some kind of merger-evolution with an angewomon. Is that one worth going for compared to Lilithmon? I have three platinumnunemons with tactical usb's now so grinding back levels isn't a big deal.

Edit: Welp I found Skynet-mon. Some of these mega descriptions are brutal.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 10, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

You are free to experiment however you want; the only real limiter is that you will need the experience to get levels back when you change someone, and some forms require your dudes to be more friendly with you (use them) or have more ability points(meta-experience for stat training you get by evolving things).

I don't think the starters are weaker than any other critter like them. Their personalities apparently have an effect on their stats though. I recommend nick naming everyone so you don't lose track of who is what.

So my LadyDevimon is 99 and can change into what I presume is some kind of merger-evolution with an angewomon. Is that one worth going for compared to Lilithmon? I have three platinumnunemons with tactical usb's now so grinding back levels isn't a big deal.

The fusion between LadyDevimon and AngeWomon has a skill that knocks off 25% of the current HP of all enemies. If you use it at the start of a battle that's 25% max damage gone before the enemy can even take a turn. It's a teamwide attack as well. It's like if you took Wisemon's signature skill, made it stronger, and then removed the health cost. It doesn't matter what type the enemy is either. On the downside, it can't be buffed with a teamup combo attack.

She's not that much of an attacker - ATK and MGC are equal - so she's probably better off as an early nuker (1/4 of max health with first hit, then 3/16th on second hit for 7/16 in just two turns barring any damage from your other members) and a support. Or you could just switch her out after blowing up nearly half the enemy's health.

Emong
May 31, 2011

The patch that add those new Digimon is out now. It also fixes those places where the voice acting didn't play, which I wasn't expecting.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

So with the new digimon out it seems that bit of info about Rosemon BM having the Pierce attack modifier as her passive was wrong and she instead has the HP version of MarineAngemons passive which is 5% hp recovery per turn, the Pierce attack is actually just her signature which also life drains for 50% damage so that actually sounds super good but not as good as what her supposed passive was going to be.

edit: Rosemons passive also amps absorption effects by 20% too so its a bit better woops.

A Cup of Ramen fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 10, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Cup of Ramen posted:

So with the new digimon out it seems that bit of info about Rosemon BM having the Pierce attack modifier as her passive was wrong and she instead has the HP version of MarineAngemons passive which is 5% hp recovery per turn, the Pierce attack is actually just her signature which also life drains for 50% damage so that actually sounds super good but not as good as what her supposed passive was going to be.

edit: Rosemons passive also amps absorption effects by 20% too so its a bit better woops.

So pretty much a Data version of Beelzemon BM?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

So pretty much a Data version of Beelzemon BM?

Pretty much. Shine and Mirage BMs also get some unique skills, where Shine takes 25% more dark damage but gets a 25% attack boost, and Mirage takes 25% more damage but boosts Int by 20%.

Ravemon BM gets even faster speed than Ulforceveedramon, and gets a bunch of buff/debuff moves, including texture blow.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

their merge thing is cool though you cannot do it until a certain story point

• Locked thread