Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kalstrams posted:

right now? maybe a hundred

100 more than anyone should be playing WoW. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

100 more than anyone should be playing WoW. lol
what else is there to do during long pittsburghian winters

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
why would i play 100 hours just to show that i can hit my number keys

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
well, you still haven't shown us in DotA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

:boom:

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
yikes

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
it's 100 hours if you already know how to play, do nothing but level without distraction, and have a pre-existing 100 to give you cash and equipment.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
i played wow for a couple of years when it came out and didn't make it to 60 until TBC

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

warfs is only pay to win if you consider looking cool the win condition

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sandoz posted:

warfs is only pay to win if you consider looking cool the win condition

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I liked the one that shot a disco ball at people

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Syncopated posted:

i played wow for a couple of years when it came out and didn't make it to 60 until TBC
each expansion did reduce experience to level of the all previous content

ZShakespeare posted:

it's 100 hours if you already know how to play, do nothing but level without distraction, and have a pre-existing 100 to give you cash and equipment.
if you have supply base and know how to play, its some 24 hours without triple experience, with triple you'll be in t18 heroic gear by 40 or so hours played. some 80-100 hours is a good estimate for a newbie to start normal hellfire citadel, unless its their first game of a kind or game at all

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and thats without abusing exploits, otherwise its 5 hours to 100

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jezzball

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I think that you are viewing it from the perspective of an experienced WoW player. The game is what? twelve years old now? It still plays like it too. There's a whole ton of legacy cruft that comes along with that and it largely hasn't evolved over that time period. There are so many arcane and unexplained systems in the game that it is largely impenetrable.

I'll give that it's possible for a new player to get to level 100 in 100 hours, provided that they take a 7 day seminar whereby they familiarize themselves with all of the game's systems and mechanics, and predetermine how they are going to spend every moment of that leveling experience. This is entirely a relic of a bygone era, and WoW is coasting along on it's legacy fanbase.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol forever at playing MMOs

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
what's with the capitals bro

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yea i corrected myself regarding completely unexperienced players. i dont think there are many of those around, hence it didnt spring to my mind initially. other than that though, wow does not really have many arcane and unexplained systems anymore, especially the latter given the size of the fanbase. as for the former, each subsequent expansion has trivialised the game more and more

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Silver Alicorn posted:

1v1 me mid, scrublord

(my phone now recognizes and suggests "scrublord")

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Al! posted:

jezzball

how do you vocalize the jezzball noise

im thinkin BJEP

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

ZShakespeare posted:

I think that you are viewing it from the perspective of an experienced WoW player. The game is what? twelve years old now? It still plays like it too. There's a whole ton of legacy cruft that comes along with that and it largely hasn't evolved over that time period. There are so many arcane and unexplained systems in the game that it is largely impenetrable.

I'll give that it's possible for a new player to get to level 100 in 100 hours, provided that they take a 7 day seminar whereby they familiarize themselves with all of the game's systems and mechanics, and predetermine how they are going to spend every moment of that leveling experience. This is entirely a relic of a bygone era, and WoW is coasting along on it's legacy fanbase.
you can just download a "levelmefast" mod and it'll breadcrumb you step by step to 100 complete with arrows and waypoints. It was that way years ago back when I played in WROTLK, and I only assume those mods have gotten better as time goes on

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bhodi posted:

you can just download a "levelmefast" mod and it'll breadcrumb you step by step to 100 complete with arrows and waypoints. It was that way years ago, and I only assume those mods have gotten better as time goes on

lol

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i mean the game's still MMO poo poo but if you want to level and leveling's your goal you can easily level and like everything else MMO you can do it with one hand while being led the entire way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bhodi posted:

you can just download a "levelmefast" mod and it'll breadcrumb you step by step to 100 complete with arrows and waypoints. It was that way years ago back when I played in WROTLK, and I only assume those mods have gotten better as time goes on
gently caress you i now am remembering poo poo like ~zygor guides~

Apr 7, 2003

Syncopated posted:

The level cap wasn't 60 until TBC so I guess that makes sense

The game I've played the most on my Steam right now has 280 hours over three years. I could not fathom pissing away vast stretches of my life like WoW or other MMOs require, I know that Everquest was even worse than WoW.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
or i could just play monster hunter where i don't have dumb exp bars

wanna rank up? go kill some monsters at your current rank. no, big monsters. boss monsters

wanna be stronger? go kill some monsters and use their skull as a hammer and their skin as clothing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bravely default is insanely good and im glad im finally playing it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

The level cap wasn't 60 until TBC so I guess that makes sense
level cap was 60 in vanilla, 70 in tbc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/ItsameDennis/status/707299185608024064

Apr 7, 2003

kalstrams posted:

level cap was 60 in vanilla, 70 in tbc

trap sprung, bitch

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

trap sprung, bitch
you should check with doctor if you needed a trap after three posts about powerlevelling in wow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

scamtank posted:

how do you vocalize the jezzball noise

im thinkin BJEP

needs a Z or two

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Citizen Tayne posted:

trap sprung, bitch

someone played wow, my god how embarrasing

hey, someone in the nerd forum played a game for nerds. this is big fuckin news. who else here played wow, the most popular mmo for years? can you admit to this shame?

Apr 7, 2003

Gus Hobbleton posted:

someone played wow, my god how embarrasing

hey, someone in the nerd forum played a game for nerds. this is big fuckin news. who else here played wow, the most popular mmo for years? can you admit to this shame?

lol how much of your life did you piss away raiding

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol if u dont have the celestial defender and grand crusader titles, just lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:smithicide:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i've never played a mmorpg :smug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

let me tell you about the anime i am gay marrying in fire emblem,

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I played wow on a freebie account for about an hour

I dutifully completed the quest to kill six newts and return their eyes or whatever, only to be told "great job! Now kill twelve wolves and return their pelts."

>Uninstall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

I played wow on a freebie account for about an hour

I dutifully completed the quest to kill six newts and return their eyes or whatever, only to be told "great job! Now kill twelve wolves and return their pelts."

>Uninstall

note: not all newts have eyes

good luck adventurer

• Locked thread