Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

New Civil War trailer dropped and Spideys eyes can change size into motherfuckin' Ditko eyes

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
underoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I hope they don't try to explain Spider-Man's magic changing eyes and have them be expressive because gently caress you why not.

This is the right thing to do but very obviously not at all what they did.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Codependent Poster posted:

Superhuman prison
Wanda vs. Vision
Motherfuckin' Spider-Man
ANT ARROW

This movie is gonna be so good.

Everything is wonderful forever. I am so excited and enthusiastic for this movie that I'm a little light headed. And it comes out 10 days before my birthday because Marvel loves giving me very expensive presents.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks really cool to me. I guess the Registration Act is just a broad "rules for superheroes" kind of deal.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I want gifs of that Spider-man!

e:if you want something done...

e: High res still of Spider-man's costume here: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/166/136/original/TRC0200_v005_036854.1094.jpg

Lookit those eye lenses.

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 10, 2016

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Codependent Poster posted:

Superhuman prison
Wanda vs. Vision
Motherfuckin' Spider-Man
ANT ARROW

This movie is gonna be so good.

:vince:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Does this mean movie Hawkeye will start taking on some of those classic Hawkguy traits and be something other than Taciturn Modern Espionage Movie Arrowman played by a jerk? Eh, it's doubtful.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Gonna be that guy though and say 18.8bn in losses and 74 casualties from the NYC attack, really? That's it? 18.8bn is actually a joke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

Gonna be that guy though and say 18.8bn in losses and 74 casualties from the NYC attack, really? That's it? 18.8bn is actually a joke.

Damage Control Inc has a pretty good preferred customer plan.

Someone on reddit pointed out that "I could do this all day" is the same thing he said to the bully in the beginning of the first Cap movie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm so hot for this movie all of a sudden.:wink:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

mikeraskol posted:

Those buildings were already scheduled for demolition.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zoux posted:

Someone on reddit pointed out that "I could do this all day" is the same thing he said to the bully in the beginning of the first Cap movie.

I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of having him say that line

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Does this mean movie Hawkeye will start taking on some of those classic Hawkguy traits and be something other than Taciturn Modern Espionage Movie Arrowman played by a jerk? Eh, it's doubtful.

Did you not watch Age of Ultron?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mikeraskol posted:

Especially when in Daredevil the headlines read that hundreds died. Which is still kind of a joke really, but then again the bigger joke is the obsession that the movies didn't show mountains of corpses because if that's one thing I want to see is mass death in my comic book movies. Just leave the implication of mass death.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mikeraskol posted:

!!!! THE GOVERNMENT DID THE ALIEN ATTACK ON NEW YORK, CHECK BUILDING SEVEN !!!!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Especially when in Daredevil the headlines read that hundreds died. Which is still kind of a joke really, but then again the bigger joke is the obsession that the movies didn't show mountains of corpses because if that's one thing I want to see is mass death in my comic book movies. Just leave the implication of mass death.

I'm more talking about the economic portion but sure. I don't need mountains of corpses, but like you said, its fine to leave the implication. When you start putting out numbers that look ridiculous though, it just seems weird. Especially Sokovia was somehow 474 bn in damages.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe they were counting the vibranium.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Did you not watch Age of Ultron?

Yeah, I actually think Renner's the funniest one in the movie by a wide margin. Whedon gave him all the good one-liners. That scene where Quicksilver runs off with Wanda and Clint nocks an arrow all "I could shoot him... no-one would know..." cracks me up every time I see it. And zeroing in on him as the most 'normal' makes sense, considering that's where a lot of comic Hawkeye's issues come from, being the dude who overcompensates with bravado because he's teaming with a god or the embodiment of America or a robot-man or a witch or a lady that can make stuff out of her voice or a bug-woman kung-fu master or whatever else is on the Avengers that week.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

zoux posted:

Thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten almost everything about that film.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Again, I love how Black Panther looks, and how he moves, and how he gets midly annoyed when he's being shot at by an aircraft.

Man, basically everything in this looks so much better than BvS.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Strontosaurus posted:

It made a little clicky noise so I assume Stark gave him some lens tech

well poo poo.

That trailer is breaking through my cold cynical heart and now I believe that it will be good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

qntm posted:

Thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten almost everything about that film.

I did too, it put the trailer scene in a more interesting context, I thought.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Again, I love how Black Panther looks, and how he moves, and how he gets midly annoyed when he's being shot at by an aircraft.

Agreed.

Goddamn I am psyched for this movie.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Man, basically everything in this looks so much better than BvS.

He chases down a motherfucking motorcycle on foot :eyepop:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Give me this movie right loving now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rurea posted:

He chases down a motherfucking motorcycle on foot :eyepop:

Driven by Bucky no less. Man, I am so convinced that Bucky killed T'Chaka, and that's why he's on Team Tony.

I'm curious what that big plasma beam or whatever that hits Rhodey is from. None of Cap's side have anything resembling that (Wanda's TK blasts are red), and the two of them are clearly flying away from something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I think it will either be Bucky killed T'Chaka in the past when he was still used by Hydra, or Crossbones kills T'Chaka (and others) in the present day and Bucky is framed for it.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
^^ What he said

twistedmentat posted:

Driven by Bucky no less. Man, I am so convinced that Bucky killed T'Chaka, and that's why he's on Team Tony.

I'm curious what that big plasma beam or whatever that hits Rhodey is from. None of Cap's side have anything resembling that (Wanda's TK blasts are red), and the two of them are clearly flying away from something.

Could be Crossbones, it's definitely a misdirect since they are making it look like Bucky took the shot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Vision switching sides, maybe?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TwoPair posted:

well poo poo.

That trailer is breaking through my cold cynical heart and now I believe that it will be good.

no you shut the gently caress up THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOVIE THAT FINALLY BRINGS DOWN MARVEL

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Scroto Baggins posted:

I want gifs of that Spider-man!

e:if you want something done...

e: High res still of Spider-man's costume here: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/166/136/original/TRC0200_v005_036854.1094.jpg

Lookit those eye lenses.

Gifv version:

http://i.imgur.com/Q4fYrmi.gifv

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Oh, my God! That Spider-Man looks great! Reminds me of Steve Ditko's early drawings. :love:

I'm not that bothered by the Marvel costuming style of "Let's put some lines in the unions and some more textures". And I thought they got rid of the red belt, but it's still there, under the black web cartridges.

Edit: Just occurred to me that it's more probable that Tony gave Peter some SHIELD issue suit, and he just tacked on the red and blue bits where he could, which would make more sense than him starting from scratch with a thread and needle.

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 10, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I feel like Black Widow is going to be on Cap's side all along.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

achillesforever6 posted:

I dunno, with the aliens just taking potshots at people, throwing some bombs inside buildings, and even with the big worm things, they didn't manage to bring down a building in a 9/11 way, so hundreds of deaths seems a fair assesment.

But yeah, no way just 74 people died during the start of a goddamn alien invasion. My immersion!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Webshooter looks a little clunky but it could be the still frame

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Does anyone else watch trailers like this and think - irrespective of whether the movie is good or not - its just incredible that this is happening. Think about all the characters in this movie. Totally insane.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

mikeraskol posted:

Does anyone else watch trailers like this and think - irrespective of whether the movie is good or not - its just incredible that this is happening. Think about all the characters in this movie. Totally insane.
To me, this movie is the most comic book of comic book movies. If that makes sense.

I love it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Yea I just wish they were convening in a more interesting place than an empty airport Tarmac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

It reminds me of the DC shows on CW, especially Flash. They're finally beginning to embrace silliness in the name of giving people a good time.

Warner Bros are still trying to figure out how to do their first Avengers movie, bless their heart.

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea I just wish they were convening in a more interesting place than an empty airport Tarmac
Maybe it was in the VFX contract that they didn't want to painstakingly edit out foliage and poo poo.

• Locked thread