Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what the gently caress is the difference between the two anymore?

mls.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Xylorjax posted:

Goddamnit who do I have to to bug my eyes out and yell at to get onto this list when I'm not the one putting the effortpost together?

EDIT: Toronto and Seattle did a TAM for GAM swap today. If they could have worked the word "draft" into the announcement at all, that would have been the most MLS transaction in history.

:ms:

DOOP posted:

what the gently caress is the difference between the two anymore?

mls.txt

Looks like TAM can only be used on the guys earning more than the max, and for paying down DPs. If a DP is paid down, they must then sign a new DP. So in theory, Seattle has a DP coming. But that's weird, because they already had a DP slot open from Martins leaving. Could that mean two DPs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgS079ZkPU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It looks like Sean Johnson wants out of Chicago. You'd think after alienating player after player (Soumare, Rolfe, Magee, Pineda, Hunter Jumper, probably others) Andrew Hauptman would realize that maybe he should do something different.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hello Towel posted:

It looks like Sean Johnson wants out of Chicago. You'd think after alienating player after player (Soumare, Rolfe, Magee, Pineda, Hunter Jumper, probably others) Andrew Hauptman would realize that maybe he should do something different.

Come on in, Sean. I had trouble telling you and Hamid apart in standard definition anyway, because I'm probably racist?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Watch Colorado sign him, because that's the most Colorado of things to do if Howard really is coming in.

Sorry Rapids goons.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whypick1 posted:

Watch Colorado sign him, because that's the most Colorado of things to do if Howard really is coming in.

Sorry Rapids goons.

It's okay. We're so suicidal and depressed at this point that we don't even feel the burns anymore.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

Looks like TAM can only be used on the guys earning more than the max, and for paying down DPs. If a DP is paid down, they must then sign a new DP. So in theory, Seattle has a DP coming. But that's weird, because they already had a DP slot open from Martins leaving. Could that mean two DPs?

Seattle will use the second DP spot to sign Guzan, in an attempt to compete with Philly for most goalies.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Haha. I was about to object to my title there, but then I thought about it and you know it might actually be true. Unless Qu or Taters rachets up the rage level, that is.

quote:

When Oba left I read we moved Ozzie back into the DP slot. If we have a bunch of TAM again we can buy him back down out of there and bring in a new shiny toy and roll with 4 DPs long term instead of having to dump one after the season because we're out of magic beans.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Xylorjax posted:

Haha. I was about to object to my title there, but then I thought about it and you know it might actually be true. Unless Qu or Taters rachets up the rage level, that is.

Yeah, honestly, if I were to think about it, I'd pick Tzen or DR AIDS probably, but really why be angry? Just enjoy the legal weed.

Xylorjax posted:

When Oba left I read we moved Ozzie back into the DP slot. If we have a bunch of TAM again we can buy him back down out of there and bring in a new shiny toy and roll with 4 DPs long term instead of having to dump one after the season because we're out of magic beans.

Right now, Roster Page says only Valdez and Dempsey are DPs. I think once we pay down a guy, he's paid down as long as we don't increase his salary again. But yeah, with the limitations of TAM, that implies either Lagerway or Sigi are being bilked or that something big is in the pipeline.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

foobardog posted:

Yeah, honestly, if I were to think about it, I'd pick Tzen or DR AIDS probably, but really why be angry? Just enjoy the legal weed.
It's that I don't usually post in here when things are going well.

quote:

Right now, Roster Page says only Valdez and Dempsey are DPs. I think once we pay down a guy, he's paid down as long as we don't increase his salary again. But yeah, with the limitations of TAM, that implies either Lagerway or Sigi are being bilked or that something big is in the pipeline.
Who knows. If I remember correctly, both Ozzie and Roman Torres are actually making more than the DP threshold but were bought down with garberbux last year, but this Calvinball poo poo is all so opaque that I'll just smile and nod whenever they say they had to make whatever move they end up making.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Its funny how the lovely Timbers won the MLS cup and the Sounders haven't

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

The schedule this week:
code:
Mar 11
7:00PM EST		Orlando City	v	Chicago		UniMas

Mar 12 
3:00PM EST		New England	v	DC

4:00PM EST		Montreal	v	NYRB

4:00PM EST		RSL		v	Seattle

7:00PM EST		Colorado	v	LA

7:30PM EST		Columbus	v	Philly

8:30PM EST		Houston		v	Dallas

8:30PM EST		Sporks		v	Vancouver

Mar 13
5:00PM EDT		NYCFC		v	Toronto		ESPN2

7:00PM EDT		San Jose	v	Portland	FS1

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:laugh:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

C'est le sport.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

I think it's actually a lot funnier just how lovely the sounders are. Basically nothing has gone right for the club since dempsey had his little meltdown.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mo Edu out 3-4 months with a stress fracture

:rip:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Welcome to GBS posted:

I think it's actually a lot funnier just how lovely the sounders are. Basically nothing has gone right for the club since dempsey had his little meltdown.

Even the meltdown probably would have been ok if it had been by itself, but Oba also got hurt in the same game and without the only two people on the team that know how to score a goal everything fell apart. And I think Torres tore his acl a few weeks later?

I agree it's been a complete shitshow ever since that game. About the only saving grace is that they have a relatively easy start to the season, playing RSL, Vancouver, Montreal, Houston, and Philly for their next 5 games.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Also, the PRO assignments for MLS games in week 2 of the 2016 season:

03/11/2016
Orlando City v Chicago Fire
Citrus Bowl (7:00pm EST)
REF: TED UNKEL
AR1: Sean Hurd
AR2: Kermit Quisenberry
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira

03/12/2016
New England Revolution v D.C. United
Gillette Stadium (3:00pm EST)
REF: SILVIU PETRESCU
AR1: Peter Manikowski
AR2: Claudiu Badea
4TH: Robert Sibiga

Real Salt Lake v Seattle Sounders
Rio Tinto Stadium (4:00pm EST)
REF: JUAN GUZMAN
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Michael Kampmeinert
4TH: Allen Chapman

Montreal Impact v New York Red Bulls
Olympic Stadium (4:00pm EST)
REF: DREW FISCHER
AR1: Daniel Belleau
AR2: Phil Briere
4TH: Jose Carlos Rivero

Colorado Rapids v LA Galaxy
Dick's Sporting Goods Park (7:00pm EST)
REF: FOTIS BAZAKOS
AR1: Ian Anderson
AR2: Corey Parker
4TH: Nima Saghafi

Columbus Crew v Philadelphia Union
MAPFRE Stadium (7:30pm EST)
REF: HILARIO GRAJEDA
AR1: James Conlee
AR2: Jason White
4TH: Geoff Gamble

Sporting Kansas City v Vancouver Whitecaps
Children's Mercy Park (8:30pm EST)
REF: EDVIN JURISEVIC
AR1: Mike Rottersman
AR2: CJ Morgante
4TH: Tyler Ploeger

Houston Dynamo v FC Dallas
BBVA Compass Stadium (8:30pm EST)
REF: JORGE GONZALEZ
AR1: Jeff Muschik
AR2: Matthew Nelson
4TH: Younes Marrakchi

03/13/2016
New York City v Toronto FC
Yankee Stadium (5:00pm EDT)
REF: ALAN KELLY
AR1: Brian Dunn
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4TH: Mark Kadlecik

San Jose Earthquakes v Portland Timbers
Avaya Stadium (7:00pm EDT)
REF: JAIR MARRUFO
AR1: Eric Boria
AR2: Peter Balciunas
4TH: Alex Chilowicz

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No Toledo or Salazar anywhere? That's rather bizarre.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

No Toledo or Salazar anywhere? That's rather bizarre.

Maybe they got called up to work CCL matches? I mean they're next week, but perhaps they have to prepare.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

SeaTard posted:

Even the meltdown probably would have been ok if it had been by itself, but Oba also got hurt in the same game and without the only two people on the team that know how to score a goal everything fell apart. And I think Torres tore his acl a few weeks later?

I agree it's been a complete shitshow ever since that game. About the only saving grace is that they have a relatively easy start to the season, playing RSL, Vancouver, Montreal, Houston, and Philly for their next 5 games.

Oh yeah, it was the domino that set off the greatest period to be a Timber of all time. Misfortunes for Shittle, unexpected luck for us. Call it karma.

You think that's easy? How many points do you expect them to take from there? I'd expect a total of maybe 7 or 8.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Did anyone have any luck watching the UniMas game on MLS live on Sunday? Will I still be able to use a Canadian VPN to watch the game tonight?

edit: Nevermind, I just looked at the blackout policy and it looks like it should work just fine!

camoseven fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 11, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That or just watch for free on their website.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on tonight. I'm happy about this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Soccer is on tonight. I'm happy about this.

Agreed. I'm exhausted so sitting in and watching a game sounds great. Go Fire.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Don't do this.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This just in: Phil Rawlins is the worst human on Earth.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

More like "the most normal and average sports team owner in the US" because every team tries to gently caress over their city and state for their own benefit.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's an all new Chicago Fire!!!!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

MLS is a fraudulent Ponzi scheme lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Taxpayer-funded soccer stadiums for "redevelopment" is disgusting theft that the MLS is complicit in.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The MLS will be a real league once a team gets a stadium deal like the Cincinnati Bengals have.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

The MLS will be a real league once a team gets a stadium deal like the Cincinnati Bengals have.
poo poo this is child's play compared to the stunt the Atlanta Braves pulled off last year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It never ceases to amaze me how MLB and NFL teams can get cities to basically bankrupt themselves for the privilege of housing a team.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Even elected officials are giant marks

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how MLB and NFL teams can get cities to basically bankrupt themselves for the privilege of housing a team.

I'm sure many of the politicians know they're getting screwed, but they also know that voters don't usually care as long as they get a team. In an election, "I brought/kept a sports team" wins over "well yeah, but now we're broke".

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Portland Timbers confirmed for best sports franchise in North America.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

It's easy to say that when your daddy is rolling in kickbacks from the great recession due to giving banks a big sloppy kiss as Treasury Secretary.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

foobardog posted:

It's easy to say that when your daddy is rolling in kickbacks from the great recession due to giving banks a big sloppy kiss as Treasury Secretary.

Feel free to try and convince yourself MP is a great owner because he's wealthier than any of the other owner (pro tip: he's not) and continue to deny that our success is coming from an owner that actually cares about his team and fanbase. :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
THE RAPIDS WON A GAME

THE RAPIDS loving WON A GAME

• Locked thread