Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
like i thought the whole otherkin thing (people who think they're literally a fox/horse/horseshoe crab/whatever trapped in a human's body) was dumb and then i found out about the wonderful world of fictionkin, which are people who think they're literally fictional characters trapped in the bodies of real-life humans and if you tell them that they're hosed in the head then you're a bigot shitlord

idk what happens when two or more people who think they're the same fictional character bump into each other though; it would be awesome if there were these giant screechy slapfights over which one is the real asriel dreemurr or whatever the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

idk what happens when two or more people who think they're the same fictional character bump into each other though; it would be awesome if there were these giant screechy slapfights over which one is the real asriel dreemurr or whatever the gently caress
they probably just end up loving

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

deep impact on vhs posted:

idgaf what people jerk it to honestly, as long as you're not hurting anybody (who isn't consenting obviously some people like it rough) it's cool

But as with other kinks, doing the furry thing in public because it's "who you are" isn't exactly a good idea. Like any other group that has a code of solidarity, it's only a matter of time before the real trouble seeps in. This is one of those things where so many bad stories accumulate it ceases to be apocrypha and becomes a time-tested stereotype. Like how polyamorous people are usually unhinged drama bombs set to go off in high-density areas, e.g. the judicial system/social media/xmas parties.

ur evolving soon
Mar 8, 2016

by Lowtax
when we dealt with copying and evolution in the past it was really just primal aggression and ya probably some loving not in this lifetime tho

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

like i thought the whole otherkin thing (people who think they're literally a fox/horse/horseshoe crab/whatever trapped in a human's body) was dumb and then i found out about the wonderful world of fictionkin, which are people who think they're literally fictional characters trapped in the bodies of real-life humans and if you tell them that they're hosed in the head then you're a bigot shitlord

As a child, I had an idea once where every idea you get about some world or character is actually a signal or some poo poo from a different universe where that thing actually exists, so every fictional thing is a reality in an alternate universe because that reality was the origin of the fictional idea to begin with.

as an adult, i have seen people with a similar idea turn it into a form of self-induced mental illness

this makes me feel kind of like a post-holocaust german trying his best to never be a nazi at all, but with insanity

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Man Whore posted:

Or Volgin in MGS3

You vastly overestimate the physique of the average furry convention attendee.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

symbolic posted:

they probably just end up loving

On a philosophical level, it's more like masturbation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wulfolme posted:

this makes me feel kind of like a post-holocaust german trying his best to never be a nazi at all, but with insanity

i don't think he's defending public displays or excusing poor lifestyle choices, it sounds more like "if these people want to dress up as cartoon characters and gently caress in the privacy of their own homes, man, more power to em"

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I know which post you're responding to and would like to know why you quoted that bit instead.

and this entire thread started with a post on imgur of someone going "HEY GENERAL PUBLIC, I'M HORNY FOR A CARTOON ANIMAL, ISN'T THAT JUST CRAZY HA HA HA?" which is one the the top 50 perennial comments on that site so 'privacy of their own homes' was never really the topic at hand

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well i mean it was really the only line that related to it, no need to quote the rest of the chunk. i see what you mean that imgur is public, but it's the sort of internet-public where everyone can see it but you largely retain your anonymity. maybe less so than on a chan, but "registered dude on imgur" is a lot less identifiable than you or me posting here, so in that sense, that their identity is still private.

i'm not tryna take a shot at you making a "ashamed citizen in post-nazi germany" comparison, this ain't d&d and i kinda see where you're coming from with it. i do think that there's a certain amount of "oh i shouldn't criticize anything ever" in the world today, but i also think that wasn't what he meant. it's fine to treat what consenting adults do in private as not being any of your business or worthy of criticism, which i think was what DEEP IMPACT ON VHS was talking about.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I think you might've confused my post with his. It's cool though. Everybody in the thread seems to be more or less on the same page.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I mean why did you quote the completely unrelated holocaust joke located in an entirely different post and not something from the post you were addressing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The White Dragon posted:

i don't think he's defending public displays or excusing poor lifestyle choices, it sounds more like "if these people want to dress up as cartoon characters and gently caress in the privacy of their own convention, man, more power to em"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Booblord Zagats posted:

I actually know the guy who posted this originally. He was a very good troll. Now he's a pretty great dad

Oh thank god

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What two, or more, consenting adults do, in privacy, is no concern of mine.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I remember reading an article where some psychologist put 2 people who thought they were jesus in the same room, probably like that, but with an anime.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I remember reading an article where some psychologist put 2 people who thought they were jesus in the same room, probably like that, but with an anime.

So what happened

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

abigserve posted:

I've noticed from other people's anecdotes that there are three extremely common themes at every furry meet up:

Tons of alcohol
Lots of gaming discussion
Uninhibited gay sex

I've personally met I think maybe 4 furries and they were all reasonable people just really loving nerdy and lonely, and apparently when you combine those two things you get rampant homosexuality and dog costumes.

Sounds like Rome right before the fall of the republic

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mange Mite posted:

So what happened

Tons of alcohol
Uninhibited gay sex

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dreezy posted:

Tons of alcohol
Uninhibited gay sex

Soooooo, any convention really?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dreezy posted:

Tons of alcohol
Uninhibited gay sex
this was almost an unintentional haiku

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mange Mite posted:

So what happened

They got into a shouting match that was basically, Im jesus, your not jesus, being thrown back and forth for an hour.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This is legit child abuse. :gonk:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this begs the question if Playboy bunnies are technically furries

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

i miss the days when people who thought they were jesus or w/e were simply locked up instead of being allowed to get on tumblr and network with hordes of idiots just like them

and of course, this has happened before

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2010/05/jesus_jesus_jesus.html

quote:

In the late 1950s, psychologist Milton Rokeach was gripped by an eccentric plan. He gathered three psychiatric patients, each with the delusion that they were Jesus Christ, to live together for two years in Ypsilanti State Hospital to see if their beliefs would change. The early meetings were stormy. "You oughta worship me, I'll tell you that!" one of the Christs yelled. "I will not worship you! You're a creature! You better live your own life and wake up to the facts!" another snapped back. "No two men are Jesus Christs. … I am the Good Lord!" the third interjected, barely concealing his anger.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I heard, that wolf men don't need wolf women, to make wolf boys. And that god REALLY likes it, when wolf men, lovingly swallow wolf semen.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I'm confused now.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wicker Man posted:

I heard, that wolf men don't need wolf women, to make wolf boys. And that god REALLY likes it, when wolf men, lovingly swallow wolf semen.

is this the supernatural dog dick universe ive heard so much about

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Mange Mite posted:

is this the supernatural dog dick universe ive heard so much about

IMPORTANT: if a werewolf offers you a red rocket ride DO NOT ACCEPT!! it is a trick

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The fact that the dude who made this up is still getting reposted by people who think it's real almost a decade later makes him a better jokeman than anybody still posting in GBS.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

phasmid posted:

I'm confused now.

why? would you lose interest if she lost the ears and the carrot? you think a hot chick in a stupid costume is still a hot chick. this isn't red rocket science.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

phasmid posted:

I'm confused now.

Let's not sully the purer animalistic fetishism of Nippon by painting it with the gaijin soiled brush of furries

Sincerely

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
goons.

hitler and furries are having more sex then you

how does this make you feel for the human race

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
you've been able to meet and gently caress gross people for all of human history without having to dress like a dog or a possum or dress it up in a weird insane lifestyle

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

deep impact on vhs posted:

or literally murder people over pumpkins

what?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The goon who killed people trying to smash his "puckins" and asked TFR for ammo advice

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Imapanda posted:

goons.

hitler and furries are having more sex then you

how does this make you feel for the human race

We should just form a free love commune exclusively for goons.

It might take some adjustments, but I'm sure it will be the ideal society!

The Rage posted:

The goon who killed people trying to smash his "puckins" and asked TFR for ammo advice

Link? Want to avoid this guy in the commune.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He killed himself after he killed those 2 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dreddout posted:

We should just form a free love commune exclusively for goons.

It might take some adjustments, but I'm sure it will be the ideal society!

Link? Want to avoid this guy in the commune.

fairly certain he died

• Locked thread