Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Takoluka posted:

Nyotengu is pretty.

It certainly is, but how the gently caress did a 300 year old demon with gigantic getas manage to turn into that? Or is that one of its illusions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems like she's still got gigantic getas, to me

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Healbot posted:

It certainly is, but how the gently caress did a 300 year old demon with gigantic getas manage to turn into that? Or is that one of its illusions?

Different character. Big tengu guy dies, and when she finds out, she's like "who the hell killed my kin" and seeks some sort of vengeance* by defeating Hayabusa. She is also apparently 1018, whereas Bankotsubo, the big guy, is 1500. Because that matters.

*may not be all that serious

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

She is also apparently 1018

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
My Vita arrived! :haw:
And it's definitely not "Like New" by any stretch of the imagination. :gonk:
The back is severely scratched, and the rubber grips have been almost completely obliterated. It seriously looks like someone was trying to jack this thing up.

So back it goes to Amazon. I should've just ponied up the extra $15 to begin with and bought one from a local GameStop after inspecting it in person.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rubber grips?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wanna see the vita

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Maybe someone cut out vita game cases and tried to glue them to the back for on-the-fly storage.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

In Training posted:

Rubber grips?
Yes, they're oval shaped. Do you have a Vita? :v:

Help Im Alive posted:

I wanna see the vita
I'll be happy to take a picture when I get home later. I'm back at the office now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MisterAlex posted:

I can't tell if you're being serious, but those aren't supposed to be rubberized. Just plastic indents, basically.

e: Seriously, though, post pics when you can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

I'll be happy to take a picture when I get home later. I'm back at the office now.

Yeah there's no rubber there, it's just a little place to put your fingers that won't register back touch.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Takoluka posted:

Different character. Big tengu guy dies, and when she finds out, she's like "who the hell killed my kin" and seeks some sort of vengeance* by defeating Hayabusa. She is also apparently 1018, whereas Bankotsubo, the big guy, is 1500. Because that matters.

*may not be all that serious

Okay, I will let this slide for now, Team Ninja.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

Please don't question the loyalty of one of the many fine posters in this thread

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I can't tell if you're being serious, but those aren't supposed to be rubberized. Just plastic indents, basically.

e: Seriously, though, post pics when you can.

Ah, I thought they were rubberized since they felt different. But they're clearly scratched up all to hell, as is the actual touch pad which has at least one deep gash that looks like someone took a key and pressed it down as hard as they could to draw a scratch on it. And yeah, I'll show you, but "when I can" is still three hours away.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I thought Breath of Fire 6 was just a joke. It's...it's real :negative:

Seriously though that just looks like the shining force game that came out for PS2, none of that remotely screams BoF.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kingtheninja posted:

I thought Breath of Fire 6 was just a joke. It's...it's real :negative:

I know. It hurts. We're here for you.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Haha, so my cursory inspection at lunch didn't reveal the fact that the text "NOT FOR SALE" is printed on the back. This was probably a demo unit or something. "Like New" :rolleyes:

Also, the deep gash looks to be below the main touch area, though the symbol-grid does still have a number of scratches that are clearly visible in reflected light. The ovals and surrounding areas are, as I mentioned, supremely jacked up. The front looks fine, but that doesn't make up for the rest.

https://imgur.com/a/mAkk1

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You have to understand that, to retailers, if something in their stock has never been sold to anyone but is not on its original box/wrapping then it's "like new". Every time, even if it makes no sense whatsoever like in your case, because a demo unit has never been sold (in fact, it legally can't).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It is definitely not "like new" by any stretch of the definition so you can easily send it back and get one that actually fits the description, at least. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 11, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought a used PSP Go once and the guy never disconnected his account so it still had all his games/music/photos/I could go onto the PS Store with his account

I just disconnected the account so I could use my own but it's weird people aren't more careful with that stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh that guy was probably betting nobody would buy a psp go

Godzillion
Feb 29, 2016

MisterAlex posted:

Haha, so my cursory inspection at lunch didn't reveal the fact that the text "NOT FOR SALE" is printed on the back. This was probably a demo unit or something. "Like New" :rolleyes:

Also, the deep gash looks to be below the main touch area, though the symbol-grid does still have a number of scratches that are clearly visible in reflected light. The ovals and surrounding areas are, as I mentioned, supremely jacked up. The front looks fine, but that doesn't make up for the rest.

It was glued onto the demo bracket at Best Buy or something. Send it back and get another.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Opinions on whether or not Assassin's Creed is worth it at $6.75?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zenintrude posted:

No. Liberation is mediocre.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Godzillion posted:

It was glued onto the demo bracket at Best Buy or something. Send it back and get another.
Yeah, I sent it back. I'll wait for the refund to clear and then try again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

XSEED may actually be localizing Trails in the Sky 3rd chapter, at least according to the comments

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/708110200037769216?s=09

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

XSEED may actually be localizing Trails in the Sky 3rd chapter, at least according to the comments

The main characters of 3rd are Kevin and Ries, a priest and a nun.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 11, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Policenaut posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't even finished the last two yet :(

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
So how does this work, is it going to be a digital PSP release? Because I highly doubt they're going to bother with the Evo line.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just steam/GOG probably

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cake Attack posted:

just steam/GOG probably

Xseed confirmed a while ago that they aren't doing PSP games anymore. So it is going to be a PC exclusive release.

I feel so bad for Sara if she has this on her backlog along with Corpse Party and Xanadu Next to program alone.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

zenintrude posted:

It's OK at best. It has a lot of the same problems 3 had, made somewhat worse with a small screen make precision tougher. It's not particularly bad, but it's not good either. It's only real saving grace is that Aveline is a better protagonist than Connor.

MisterAlex posted:

Yeah, that's not "like new", even if the back screen weren't a control method. You should absolutely be able to return that.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Slur posted:

Xseed confirmed a while ago that they aren't doing PSP games anymore. So it is going to be a PC exclusive release.

I feel so bad for Sara if she has this on her backlog along with Corpse Party and Xanadu Next to program alone.

That sucked, I played every Trails games on my Vita

EDIT

Don't get me wrong, I will still buy it on steam if/when this comes out

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Trails of Cold Steel 2 is coming this Fall.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-launches-this-fall-north-america

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hey uh listen Chains maybe the middle of battle isn't the best place for high tea?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Saint Freak posted:

Hey uh listen Chains maybe the middle of battle isn't the best place for high tea?

I don't know what you're talking about, it seems like a perfect time to me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also only technically related , but we're getting Trails the 3rd, but only on steam.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That's more than fair, IMO. I'm genuinely shocked they bothered to put SC on PSP.

I wonder how they'll ever handle the release cluster gently caress of the Crossbell games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Policenaut posted:

That's more than fair, IMO. I'm genuinely shocked they bothered to put SC on PSP.

I wonder how they'll ever handle the release cluster gently caress of the Crossbell games.

There are PC ports, right?