Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Can someone confirm if the e reader levels are included in mario advance?

There's a world-e screenshot in the press kit so I guess so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Wow, I can't believe OoT is now $20 permanently. I thought it was only going to be a temporary thing. Now I don't have to buy it ASAP! :D

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
On Super Mario 3D world is Rosalina DLC or an unlockable?

Is AC4 Black Flag? And is it any good on the Wii U?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Anora posted:

She's an unlockable.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's a world-e screenshot in the press kit so I guess so.

Awesome, probably gonna get it in that case.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Awesome, probably gonna get it in that case.

They even changed the ROM to make it so they could fit all 38 courses at once.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't there suppose to be more SNES games out on the 3DS today as well in NA?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rirse posted:

Isn't there suppose to be more SNES games out on the 3DS today as well in NA?

The next batch is on the 24th, I think.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anora posted:

She's unlockable. I think you get her for "beating" the game (World Bowser, which is like beating the standard Mario story portion of the game.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nah she's a level or two into the post-game bonus levels. Not far in but you don't get her immediately

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Anora posted:

AC4 is Black Flag, but I have no idea how the Wii U port is.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

deadly_pudding posted:

AC4 is Black Flag, but I have no idea how the Wii U port is.

It has around the same average on GameRankings and Metacritic as the PS3 and 360 versions (all hover around 87% / 4.5 out of 5 stars), so very good apparently.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Black Flag runs fine and look fine on WiiU. mostly 30fps with a few dips here or there when you do those bar fights for some reason, but it's perfectly playable.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Anyone know if those permanent price drops will be heading to Europe? That's pretty awesome.

I bought all those Mario Advances and SNES N3DS games. I'm a sucker for an introductory deal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europe's getting different Wii U Selects in April: NSMBU+Luigi U, DKC Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, Wii Party U.

They already got some discounted 3DS games a few months ago: Ocarina 3D, Starfox 3D, some other stuff.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Great. I need a reason to try Tropical Freeze and £cheap may be it.

I need an external hard drive though so not so cheap.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They already got some discounted 3DS games a few months ago: Ocarina 3D, Starfox 3D, some other stuff.

OoT3D is definitely not discounted - it's still £30 in the UK, instead of the £15.99 that the Select stuff goes for.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I think our esteemed OP got confused between the Zelda games. The one that is part of the select line in Europe is Link Between Worlds, not OOT.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oops!

Anyway, two bits of news from Two Tribes:

-RIVE will be released in September

-RIVE will be Two Tribes' final game; they'll still exist and will continue licensing ports and such but they're done making new games: http://twotribes.com/message/rive-is-our-final-game/

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Europe's getting different Wii U Selects in April: NSMBU+Luigi U, DKC Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, Wii Party U.

We got Link Between Worlds, not OoT. Ocarina did go back into production though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
FWIW the Assassin's Creed series is also on sale on PS3/PS4 this week, including Black Flag for $10, and it seems like those are the versions to buy if you have the option

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ebay has a deal that lasts until 7PM Pacific tonight. $20 off any order that's a minimum of $100. So you can put a $50 eshop card in your cart, change it to x2, then apply the code for the $20 savings at checkout, but only if you use PayPal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Nintendo-eShop-Prepaid-Card-50-/321932575884?nav=SEARCH

Code is: CMADNESS10

But wait, there's more! You can also make a second order and use code: CMADNESS20

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo has a launch date - it'll be out on March 17 Japan time: https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/708125198503940096

These are the launch countries/languages mentioned by Nintendo at their last investors briefing:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Miitomo has a launch date - it'll be out on March 17 Japan time: https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/708125198503940096

These are the launch countries/languages mentioned by Nintendo at their last investors briefing:

So that's a pretty sure thing that My Nintendo would also release that day, right? I really want to get FE: Fates but I keep thinking I might as well wait 'till I can get reward points out of it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, My Nintendo and Miitomo should launch simultaneously.

Remember, you can sign up for a Nintendo Account right now, and if you pre-register for Miitomo before release you'll get some extra platinum points for My Nintendo: https://my.nintendo.com/pre_registrations/miitomo?language=en-US

("pre-registering" is basically just signing up to a mailing list)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Preregistration in My Nintendo only works for people eligible for Miitomo at the moment. It will probably open for lesser nations on launch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Arc System Works just announced a new visual novel game for 3DS eShop - the title translates to something like "~CHASE~ Cold Case Division" and it's being made by several former members of Cing, the studio that made Hotel Dusk, Another Code/Trace Memory and Last Window, among other games: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, that looks like a Cing game alright

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looks great, can't wait to never play it because it will never be localized

prove me wrong Arcsys

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aksys is generally pretty good about bringing over digital ASW games and all sorts of weird crap, I'm sure we'll get this game as well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If we keep getting the BlazBlue prequel VNs I'm sure the odds of us getting an actual VN are higher.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's cool, I really need to finish The Last Window sometime.

After I find where I put it because it certainly wasn't 'back in the case'.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Arc System Works just announced a new visual novel game for 3DS eShop - the title translates to something like "~CHASE~ Cold Case Division" and it's being made by several former members of Cing, the studio that made Hotel Dusk, Another Code/Trace Memory and Last Window, among other games: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/

I like how one of the characters is literally just a pallette swapped Kyle Hyde.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I like how one of the characters is literally just a pallette swapped Kyle Hyde.

:rolleyes: That's not a palette swap. It's clearly a digital actor who always plays a dude that looks and acts like Kyle Hyde. Like the ones Kenji Eno used.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Hmm.. I went to buy the OoT 3DS remaster just now but it's still at the old price for me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

And More posted:

:rolleyes: That's not a palette swap. It's clearly a digital actor who always plays a dude that looks and acts like Kyle Hyde. Like the ones Kenji Eno used.

Is this like the Mario Sports thing where sometimes Bowser is a scary dragon, but other times he's a hot single dad?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

techknight posted:

Hmm.. I went to buy the OoT 3DS remaster just now but it's still at the old price for me.

Check back at noon Central Time, that's when the eshop rolls over, new titles go up, etc.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

deadly_pudding posted:

Is this like the Mario Sports thing where sometimes Bowser is a scary dragon, but other times he's a hot single dad?

Bowser is always a hot dad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mods please change my name to BOWSERS DAD BOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol Just got my card blocked because I tried to buy two things in a row on the eShop and Nintendo's online stuff is all registered in Germany. I wouldn't have had to if it had crazy things like a shopping basket or some way of adding money in between £20 and freaking £50 in one go.