Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The entire Silver Age in one panel
(Action Comics #307)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The rest of the posts in that tag remind me of this Seanbaby edit of a Bob Hope comic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How to murder a mime.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
That is the best thing I've seen in awhile thank you for posting that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What's the comic? She-Hulk made me a Pulido fan.

e: ASM #658. Thanks Google.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 10, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
That's actually pretty horrifying

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I assume she left him out with only slight compression,.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's still not nice to make someone fear for their lives over basically nothing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how the other onlookers are totally okay with this usage of superpowers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

I like how the other onlookers are totally okay with this usage of superpowers

I assume they thought he was just a really good mime with a weird gimmick.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, everyone smiling happily at the weeping mime is a bit weird.

Also seems like a bit of an over the top reaction from Sue to jump straight to torturing the guy

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 11, 2016

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I like how loving Spider-Man is okay with such a petty and vindictive of superpowers.

With great power comes great dickishness.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Guy was using his mime powers for evil.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I don't think I've ever seen a mime in the Marvel universe who wasn't a supervillain, so Sue was probably doing everyone a favor.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Avulsion posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a mime in the Marvel universe who wasn't a supervillain, so Sue was probably doing everyone a favor.

Well poo poo, now he has his backstory to become a villain. Thanks, Fantastic Four, for spawning yet ANOTHER villain.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Avulsion posted:

Black Bolt's not that bad a guy.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Lurdiak posted:

It's still not nice to make someone fear for their lives over basically nothing.

It's also not nice to compare people with hideous physical mutations to animals.

Also, for gently caress's sake, people, are we really concern trolling this? Did I come into PYF by mistake?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not concerned about the fictional mime, I just do not find the situation as humorous as it was intended to be.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So we're okay with the mime reminding Ben yet again that he's outwardly a stone-monster and people will endlessly judge him solely on his appearance, but rear end in a top hat-mime getting a little karma thrown his way by someone very close to Ben is too much.

This loving website.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Mimes exist to be insulted and abused. It is their reason for being.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gavok posted:

Black Bolt's not that bad a guy.

Black Bolt isn't a mime. He's the world champion of charades.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So we're okay with the mime reminding Ben yet again that he's outwardly a stone-monster and people will endlessly judge him solely on his appearance, but rear end in a top hat-mime getting a little karma thrown his way by someone very close to Ben is too much.

This loving website.

This. Also, it's probably the most consistent aspect of Sue's character that you DO NOT gently caress with her family. If there's any situation where she'd be willing to get a little vindictive with her powers, this is it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This loving website.

Literal for real torture is worse than some minor insults, yes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This loving website.

Ben had his feelings hurt by someone he was aware of. The Mime literally is weeping in horror as he believes he is going to die. These are not equal. The mime is a shithead but the response to someone making fun of a friend of yours is not to pull a gun and shove it in their face.

I'm not tearing my hair out over it but I just don't genuinely think it's funny.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 11, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what if a child reads this

what if a child, a miniature youth person, like for instance KittyEmpress or WickedHate, reads this and decides it's good to trap a clown in a space box with their mind because the clown said things to a rock man, in French

what then

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thank God somebody is standing up for comic book mimes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

children love Javier Pulido

they will do whatever his enchanting linework depicts

such is their innocence

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squizzle posted:

children love Javier Pulido

they will do whatever his enchanting linework depicts

such is their innocence

You can think something isn't funny without believing it will make children murder people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Having the mime walk into an invisible wall would be the same gag without the "um, did Sue just murder a man while Spider-Man tells her her dead brother would like it?" element.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
It would be a little better if Peter was gently telling her, hey, you can stop, he's crying now, dial it back Sue.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Or maybe if you live in a world where it is common public knowledge that people have super-powers it's not a wise idea to make fun of their friends

Last I checked, who the Fantastic Four are and what they can do was not a secret.

Just a thought.

It's like that drat kid-Loki comic that I forget the name of or I'd find it, someone comes right up to the Asgardian and smacktalks her and oh hey he gets thrown out a window, who could have possibly seen that coming, what is this 'consequences of your actions' of which you speak

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or maybe if you live in a world where it is common public knowledge that people have super-powers it's not a wise idea to make fun of their friends

Last I checked, who the Fantastic Four are and what they can do was not a secret.

Just a thought.

I live in a world where people carry guns and I still would think someone is lovely for pulling a gun over an insult.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also punching someone with super-strength and webbing them to a mailbox is an extremely disproportionate response to street crime and is furthermore a gross violation of a person's constitutional rights

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Just a thought.

It's like that drat kid-Loki comic that I forget the name of or I'd find it, someone comes right up to the Asgardian and smacktalks her and oh hey he gets thrown out a window, who could have possibly seen that coming, what is this 'consequences of your actions' of which you speak

The consequences for "poking fun at a guy" should not be "made to believe they are going to slowly be crushed to death". The good guys should not torture people, this isn't a difficult concept.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ben wasn't just made fun of, he was hit in a very open wound that constantly haunts him, so yeah, gently caress the mime. Ugly art kind of ruins it for me though.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Squizzle posted:

what if a child, a miniature youth person, like for instance KittyEmpress or WickedHate, reads this and decides it's good to trap a clown in a space box with their mind because the clown said things to a rock man, in French

AHEM. That is a mime. There is a difference.

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
If a tree falls on a mime, does it make a sound?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Mimes are not human, everybody knows this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WickedHate posted:

Ben wasn't just made fun of, he was hit in a very open wound that constantly haunts him, so yeah, gently caress the mime. Ugly art kind of ruins it for me though.

"Very open wound" my rear end. It's been 55 years, it's time to stop being a giant rocky baby about it.