Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

If it's fine for Hillary..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

generally, do not do a sex with a crazy person

Jian Ghomeshi suddenly gets sad and cant figure out why.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-calgary-consumer-debt-equifax-1.3484940

Average consumer debt is now $27k in Alberta compared to $21k nation-wide. I really want to know what the median value is because I know there are a lot of people without any consumer debt so I imagine like 50% of Canadians are carrying $50k.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2015001/article/14167-eng.htm

In 2012 14% of families had more consumer debt than their annual income. Some other interesting stats in there like the net worth discrepancy of single vs coupled Canadians. It's like 10x.

Interestingly, the only group not drowning in debt is seniors 65+.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 10, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 9, 2022

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Ah yes self regulation

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Aren't you a Hilary backer over in YCS?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Weirdly, thinking that one candidate would be a better president than another doesn't also mean thinking that selfies with a war criminal are in good taste.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hahaha, she replaced my good MP. I loving hate everything.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Weirdly, thinking that one candidate would be a better president than another doesn't also mean thinking that selfies with a war criminal are in good taste.

I don't mean to be getting all hell dumpy here and bringing in poo poo from other threads / forums but honestly if the most intelligent, disciplined and involved member of the NDP in this thread thinks Clinton is a better choice than Sanders then it really makes a mockery of all my dumb effort posts about how much more left wing the NDP's base of support is. The woman has actively sought out Kissinger's advice while in a position of real power, unlike those Liberal yahoos going in for selfies, and then she bragged about her friendship with him.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

No single person should be taken to represent the NDP's or any party's base of support. That's just silly. Lots of New Democrats are backing Sanders.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I know that there's a certain level of etiquette expected of you when you're a public figure meeting another public figure but cripes man, it's Kissinger. I'd consider it an honour to pull down my pants and piss on him.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Wow you guys are all so edgy I cut myself.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

PT6A go educate yourself on who we're talking about and then come back and make white noise posts.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
PT6A advocated for razing entire villages if they were thought to harbour ISIS militants, do you really think he's going to have a problem with Kissinger?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

infernal machines posted:

PT6A advocated for razing entire villages if they were thought to harbour ISIS militants, do you really think he's going to have a problem with Kissinger?

:vince:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

THC posted:

Lots of New Democrats are backing Sanders.
Niki Ashton tweets about Sanders every day, she's practically stumping for him. It's getting a bit uncouth tbh

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

infernal machines posted:

Kissinger's a piece of poo poo but I don't think it's helpful to talk about taking a piss on him. I don't think selfies were appropriate, though, so I guess we agree on that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Idiot parents duped by billions of dollars of alt-med marketing: Shoot in the face.
Reviled war criminal that has never faced justice: woah guys let's not be disrespectful that's just not helpful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

THC's right - much (most is my sense) of the institutional NDP prefers Sanders to Clinton.

Helsing posted:

I don't mean to be getting all hell dumpy here and bringing in poo poo from other threads / forums but honestly if the most intelligent, disciplined and involved member of the NDP in this thread thinks Clinton is a better choice than Sanders then it really makes a mockery of all my dumb effort posts about how much more left wing the NDP's base of support is. The woman has actively sought out Kissinger's advice while in a position of real power, unlike those Liberal yahoos going in for selfies, and then she bragged about her friendship with him.

I mostly don't have faith in Bernie's capacity to govern, both personally and institutionally, and the presidency is a purely executive office.

Personally, he has a streak of with-us-or-against-us-itis where he and his campaign are often really quick to impugn dark motives to groups and people who ought to be his natural allies when they don't support him (see Planned Parenthood/that latina activist they slagged), and I'm afraid he surrounds himself with true believers and alienates potential allies too much. He's slow to adapt his language and seems uninterested in learning about issues beyond his core issues (last month, six months after the BLM protests prompted his campaign to change how it talks about race, he still answered "how will you make race relations better" with "we'll put the billionaires in jail"!) Hillary's been a lot better on those two fronts - 30 years of juggling diverse interests and stakeholders prepares you for the presidency better than 30 years of lobbing grenades from outside the system.

Institutionally, I just don't think there's an infrastructure for a left president to be successful, and I think the american left is being wrong-headed in pursuing a presidency-first strategy and hoping to replace a liberal with a social democrat at the top of the ticket. I know you agree with me on this - you don't move politics left from within the electoral system, you do it from outside. It doesn't do you any good to elect a president who believes in free college when he's not going to have support from Congress (including much of his own party!), from the states, or even from an activist student movement. I guess I discount his policy positions because of that: single payer's nice, but it's not going to happen. 15$/hour is nice, but it's not going to happen. Free tuition is nice, but it's not going to happen. Legislative outcomes aren't going to start moving left just because Sanders is in the White House instead of Clinton.

So when you look at the presidency, my sense is that Clinton would be better at staffing the Labor and Justice departments, better at recognizing and acting on opportunities to use executive action, better at appointing judges. Sanders would get help here, of course, but I just don't think he's interested in the nitty-gritty details of governing.

Of course, Clinton has terrible foreign policy judgement, so you have to weigh your sense of the risk she'll make a huge blunder with your sense of how much more competent she'd be. I can understand coming to a different conclusion than me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ofc, I was also dismissive of ANDP's capacity to govern during that election, and they turned out fine. I could be wrong!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You were also wrong about Trudeau, you just haven't realized it yet :v:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Kissinger did 9/11/1973

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Pinterest Mom would make a fantastic Liberal.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

Institutionally, I just don't think there's an infrastructure for a left president to be successful, and I think the american left is being wrong-headed in pursuing a presidency-first strategy and hoping to replace a liberal with a social democrat at the top of the ticket. I know you agree with me on this - you don't move politics left from within the electoral system, you do it from outside. It doesn't do you any good to elect a president who believes in free college when he's not going to have support from Congress (including much of his own party!), from the states, or even from an activist student movement. I guess I discount his policy positions because of that: single payer's nice, but it's not going to happen. 15$/hour is nice, but it's not going to happen. Free tuition is nice, but it's not going to happen. Legislative outcomes aren't going to start moving left just because Sanders is in the White House instead of Clinton.

I think you're spot on here, but to be fair that's something Sanders has told his own supporters it's just that no one seems to actually listen to the guy. He isn't going to accomplish more than half the things he's promised if everyone votes him into the nominee/presidency and lets Congress remain in Republican hands.

Of course American gerrymandering has made that much more difficult to accomplish.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It's all true, he would be an ineffectual president. But I tend to weigh it more in terms of which candidate would cause the least human suffering around the world. And I reject the premise that American misery is more important than anyone else's. So yeah, Sanders.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Maybe having Sanders in the White House wouldn't result in the sweeping changes we'd like to see, but it may shift the Overton window left - which would be nice

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The right controlling Washington is a recent phenomenon, voting for essentially a Republican in the Democrat party because she's good at governing is stupid sorry if this hurts your feelings.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
double post, let me add content

PT6A posted:

What's the price variation like from the entry-level weed to the top-level?

https://www.dispensarytoronto.com/menu.html

Not gonna out my involvement and prices, so use google.

ed2: popular site among adults or people with actual Rx

https://www.leafly.com/

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 11, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

jm20 posted:

I wasn't asking for prices, just the ratio between bottom and top. 2 times? 10 times? 100 times?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The brilliant kudatah of the ANDP

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

THC posted:

It's all true, he would be an ineffectual president. But I tend to weigh it more in terms of which candidate would cause the least human suffering around the world. And I reject the premise that American misery is more important than anyone else's. So yeah, Sanders.

This is exactly how I feel. It's possible and even likely Sanders won't be able to pass the big policies we'd like to see south of the border, but Clinton probably won't even try. More importantly though, I don't trust our current government not to piggyback on more foreign adventurism, so I think a Sanders presidency would entail less murder at the hands of Americans and Canadians alike.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Even The Rebel is calling them idiots and mocking them on twitter.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Even some conservatives are laughing at these people. Its actually kind of funny in a sad sort of way.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I started working at Statscan a couple of weeks ago and man is that survey ever going to be soul crushing

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

So I know this was three pages ago but Mike de Jong does have an email address listed on his constituency page.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

PT6A posted:

I wasn't asking for prices, just the ratio between bottom and top. 2 times? 10 times? 100 times?

You can get :10bux: to something like :100bux: but as I posted, check your own local dispensary. Now imagine the LCBO selling pot instead of local dispensaries :3:

You might even have someone swindle you with a rare strand for like 200++

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

jm20 posted:

You can get :10bux: to something like :100bux: but as I posted, check your own local dispensary. Now imagine the LCBO selling pot instead of local dispensaries :3:

You might even have someone swindle you with a rare strand for like 200++

Huh, I wouldn't have guessed that, but I guess I was wrong. It seems weed does have similar price variation compared to wine.

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking another question, it is based on quantitative strength/concentration or qualitative properties?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

jm20 posted:

Wait are you in the industry? PM me. :)

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Even some conservatives are laughing at these people. Its actually kind of funny in a sad sort of way.

theyre planning on sending their hand full of petitions to the QUEEN OF ENGLAND now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
They could just ask the Greens how that turns out