Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mine apparently got deleted, it was in my trash.

Gotta say I didn't like the mbmbam bonus too much. It was basically an hour of them apologizing for telling jokes on a comedy podcast. The first few episodes are still hilarious to this day and they're acting like they were just horrible bigots when the worst thing they ever really did was talk poo poo about furries, which I really think they've apologized enough for since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There were definitely some non-furry weird/bad moments in the super early ones, weird enough that I mentioned it on twitter several months ago when I started listening from ep 1 (leading to one of the brothers themselves responding to tell me that they do get better on it as the show went on). I wish I could remember specifics but I'll save my relisten to them all for after I finally catch up to present day. :v:

Also I'm pretty sure that over-apologizing for the furry stuff is one of their running gags and not something they felt they really intensely needed to apologize for.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

User-Friendly posted:

What's the process of getting the bonus content if you donate? Do they just give you access to a collection of audio files, or is there a better way to get them into your podcast app and not just add them to iTunes?
realisticially it's just a donor-only RSS feed which you should just be cool and not share on the internet

In other news, CoolGames, Inc is now the highlight of my week and probably as enjoyable as several other podcasts put together

i like how excited they get about the dumb ideas

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

(Source)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is there a set schedule for Monster Factory or does it just show up whenever?

Also, watch the Catlateral Damage gameplay overview of you haven't already. Even if you don't like video games.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

In either Monster Factory or MBMBaM someone (I think it was Justin) kept shouting "COTTON!" when talking about vaping. Is he referencing a particular video?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

omg chael crash posted:

Is there a set schedule for Monster Factory or does it just show up whenever?

It seems to be whenever Griffin and Justin have time for it, which translates to "maybe monthly", it seems. I think I remember Griffin tweeting a couple days ago that there was a new episode coming Monday or Tuesday.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's like 3 weeks without, then 3 episodes over the course of nine days.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/706919366370009088

dear lord

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:siren: New MBMBaM dropped. :siren:

Really coming in hot on three hundo, now.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Monster Factory soon -- new MBMBaM now!

Edit: poo poo!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Man, Arby's witches are way nicer in Texas, huh? The ones around here just give out unedited versions of Bratz games.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I wasn't entirely sold on this Monster Factory. Until they threw down the alluring skull. And then it became gold.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I lost it at Bonfire Lit😂👌

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Where do I get those sweet rainbow explosions

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am glad that the Noid has finally been brought back

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Seems like a good opportunity to repost Justin's wonderful Dark Souls song for anyone who's never heard it. Maybe he would have had a better time with the game back then if it had more pizza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thanks for the strats griff i was havin some real trouble on the capra demon!!! monster factory this week is both fun AND educational

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The stand-up bit on today's MBMBaM is loving gold.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Monster Factory is the Arby's-Witch-cursed Dark Souls of games journalism.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

The stand-up bit on today's MBMBaM is loving gold.

gregory, your stepmom's fuckin juicy dude

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vargs posted:

Seems like a good opportunity to repost Justin's wonderful Dark Souls song for anyone who's never heard it. Maybe he would have had a better time with the game back then if it had more pizza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A

Sometimes I wish this could just play in the background of my life constantly, because its pretty much perfect.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
That SA shoutout in this week's Coolgamesinc sure was something, huh?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Eschatos posted:

That SA shoutout in this week's Coolgamesinc sure was something, huh?

Well he's not wrong. The entire point of the $10 entry fee was supposed to be justified by keeping out the riff-raff and upholding strict standards and moderation and now we're in a post-GBS 2.0 world where neither of those really applies anymore. People buy platinum when half of its features either don't work or don't matter, people pay for avatars and custom titles and smilies when both are free on every other platform on earth, and all the while we use our paywall to lock people out the moment we make something that actually gets attention from the outside world like the Redditbomb or Dangan Ronpa :v:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

What did they say, exactly? I haven't been following the podcast.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm listening to til death do us blart again

Man that's a good podcast

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Vargs posted:

What did they say, exactly? I haven't been following the podcast.
I think it was "Something Awful forums-level nickel and diming" while discussing monetisation of the game :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Nick Robinson is/was a pretty prolific poster (Babylonian) so I'm sure it comes from a place of love

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeveless posted:

Well he's not wrong. The entire point of the $10 entry fee was supposed to be justified by keeping out the riff-raff and upholding strict standards and moderation and now we're in a post-GBS 2.0 world where neither of those really applies anymore. People buy platinum when half of its features either don't work or don't matter, people pay for avatars and custom titles and smilies when both are free on every other platform on earth, and all the while we use our paywall to lock people out the moment we make something that actually gets attention from the outside world like the Redditbomb or Dangan Ronpa :v:

The posting standards still very much exist outside gbs, and waiting for something to get popular then needing to pay for more is how profit happens on platforms that aren't covered in ads or bought out by larger entities.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

That makes me so mad that I'm going to spend $10 to give him a dumb avatar now.

And then I'm going to spend $5 to change my own avatar and maybe spend $30 to make a little picture that you can type instead of link to.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

TACD posted:

I think it was "Something Awful forums-level nickel and diming" while discussing monetisation of the game :v:

Holy poo poo.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lucas is a loving dick

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I am a genius

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 10, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You'll have to spell out your reference for me

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

flatluigi posted:

You'll have to spell out your reference for me

The part in this week's TAZ where Griffin says the vocaloid songs sound a lot like the forest song from Super Mario RPG.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for The The Adventure Zone Zone.

Also amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCd6HJti4Q

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for The The Adventure Zone Zone.

Also amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCd6HJti4Q
Holy intersect between already-amusing concept and Griffin's previously displayed hilarious Opinions About Pokemon.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Kenny Logins posted:

Holy intersect between already-amusing concept and Griffin's previously displayed hilarious Opinions About Pokemon.

For anyone out there who has somehow been ignoring Griffin's Amiibo Corner, do not skip this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Kenny Logins posted:

Griffin's previously displayed hilarious Opinions About Pokemon.

He's right about Pikachu being awful. :colbert: