Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Slate Action posted:

I'm trying to imagine Ben Carson in a VP debate and I just can't.

carson in a 1v1 debate with any real politician will be like biden vs. palin where he held back to avoid looking like the heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

jesus
there is zero chance we make it to November without someone being killed at a trump rally

can you honestly predict who will kill whom first

its gonna be a slaughterhouse

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

trumpstaffel beating some 22 year old black scholarship kid into a coma
trump claims kid was attacking people
cnn accepts this uncritically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

inspired by the writings of Dadaism, trump brandishes a revolver and fires randomly into the crowd

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

trumpstaffel beating some 22 year old black scholarship kid into a coma
trump claims kid was attacking people
cnn accepts this uncritically

I mean, we've already had social media people openly planning to assassinate trump, and at least one high profile fella threaten to off his supporters.

It's gonna get worse all around.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yeah, but that would give them what they needed to get Cruz (ugh) on the first ballot and avoid anything really nasty. That would be like the titanic seeing the Iceberg and clearing it by a few feet, only to slam into another iceberg.

Yeah, but there is no way that happens

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/trymainelee/status/708310127430860800

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/708304311973847040
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/708305224637685760
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/708305846971670529
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/708306908143329281

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Saying Rubio drops out after Florida but Trump wins OH, NC, FL, IL and MO next week. Is it too late for Cruz to get the nomination?

It's more improbable than impossible I think. If Rubio drops out Cruz gets most of his supporters, but then you're heading into the geographical regions less favorable for Cruz. Trump still likely wins a handful of states afterwards.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

they're going to do that thing they do at black metal shows where both sides line up then run at each other, hearts full of hate and aggression

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

wew

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Al! posted:

they're going to do that thing they do at black metal shows where both sides line up then run at each other, hearts full of hate and aggression

wall of death, bro

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

Yeah, but there is no way that happens

Conventional wisdom is dead embrace the void of the unknown let the fear wash over you and drink deeply of its waters

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol that at that implicit "We're gonna lose anyway"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

If you gaze too long at a Priebus, the Priebus gazes back at you.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Saying Rubio drops out after Florida but Trump wins OH, NC, FL, IL and MO next week. Is it too late for Cruz to get the nomination?

this is why winnowing matters!!

in reality cruz would get schlonged 1v1

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

It comes when Trump has refused to turn over his tax records, preventing voters from seeing his real financial picture.

lol. Wasn't she Mitt's #1 fan in 2012?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xenophon posted:

--Ben Carson, on Hillary: "Hillary was on a first name basis with Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his book "Rules For Radicals" to Lucifer. I don't want anything to do with that."

I see somebody's been mainlining Glenn Beck right to the frontal lobe. (What he's referring to, by the way, is not the dedication or acknowledgements from RFR. One of the three epigraphs is a quote referring to Lucifer as the first radical who won by rebelling.)

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Hahaha.

quote:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida's winner-take-all Republican presidential primary was supposed to help former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio.

That was the thinking when the GOP-dominated Legislature changed the state's primary date to the third Tuesday in March
— the earliest date it could hold an election that will award all 99 Republican delegates to one candidate.

But that was before Republicans here even dreamed of — or had nightmares about __ businessman and reality TV star Donald Trump possibly winning the state. It was before Bush went from front-runner to dropout and Rubio began losing whatever momentum he had after poor debate performances. Now the very plan to wrap up the nomination for a favorite son could be the one that kills his campaign.

"There's no question that the decisions that were made were made to benefit the two main Florida sons — Bush and Rubio," said Joe Gruters, vice chair of the Republican Party of Florida and co-chair of Trump's Florida campaign. "I'm sure they weren't expecting the Trump movement to be so strong. This is exactly the opposite of what they wanted. Instead of giving a crushing blow to everybody else, it's delivering a crushing blow to the very people it was meant to help the most."

Florida defied the national GOP in 2008 and 2012 and held its presidential primary on the last Tuesday in January in an effort to push its candidate of choice forward before most other states voted. It worked. Florida helped propel Sen. John McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to nomination in those years.

But Florida was faced with losing all its delegates if it broke national party rules again, and in 2013 the Legislature moved the primary date to the first Tuesday in March. Last year, as Rubio and Bush were preparing to run, the Legislature voted to move the date again to make the contest winner-take-all, which the state GOP approved after Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill into law.

Not everyone thought it was a good idea, including the Florida Federation of Republican Women.

"The Republican women had looked at trying to do the delegates by congressional district, and we were just told there wasn't even a starter on that conversation," said Cynthia Henderson, the group's past president. "I was told from very high up that we were not talking about that."

But she also said, with a sigh and a big roll of her eyes, that it might not matter at this point because of Trump's lead in the race.

"My guy's not in it, so I don't care who wins," said Henderson, who was supporting Bush.

Gruters pointed out that Trump, who has a home in Palm Beach and several business ventures here, is hardly an outsider in the state.

"Donald Trump is basically a Floridian. He's spent so much time here, he's invested tens of millions of dollars in properties, he's employed thousands of people. He laid the groundwork early when you think about him going to local GOP dinners since 2012," Gruters said. "He's really done what's necessary to win Florida."

The winner-take-all GOP primary has some Democrats snickering at the possibility of a Trump victory that would push Rubio out of the race. The Democratic primary between Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders will award delegates proportionally.

"Republicans in the Legislature have effectively knee-capped Rubio's chances of obtaining the nomination and they have no one to blame but themselves. Yet again, Republican legislative chicanery has backfired to their very public embarrassment," said Florida Democratic Party spokesman Max Steele. "We eagerly await the strong, vocal support Florida Republicans will offer their party's standard-bearer, Donald Trump."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b3361bf18d5d416095663dbccf1f5437/floridas-winner-take-all-primary-could-kill-rubios-chances

Hahaha! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Two conservative candidates on the ballot won't make the liberal candidate any more likely to win? :psyduck:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

:kheldragar:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/trymainelee/status/708310547268112385

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mdemone posted:

Two conservative candidates on the ballot won't make the liberal candidate any more likely to win? :psyduck:

because she knows Hillary will trounce him

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

SuperDucky posted:

Friend Ben showing off his gifted hands.

How big do you reckon his dick is?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Al! posted:

because she knows Hillary will trounce him

I mean, I guess that's what she was going for. Not totally sure she still has that kind of grip on reality, though.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

I just assumed this was Florida, but nope. STL south side hoosier culture still going strong.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

lol, yes it's totally the format of the FL primary that will sink rubes and help trump, and not the fact that Trump has won all over the map and rubio won a state that wouldn't go republican if hell froze over

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mdemone posted:

I mean, I guess that's what she was going for. Not totally sure she still has that kind of grip on reality, though.

unlike trump supporters she seems to have a grasp on the concept of the idea that different demographics vote in the GE than in the Republican primaries

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

JamesFrancoSoGood.gif

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

when he struck that pose at the start i was sure some sick breakdance moves would follow

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Al! posted:

unlike trump supporters she seems to have a grasp on the concept of the idea that different demographics vote in the GE than in the Republican primaries
I'm pretty sure trump supporters just don't care. It's not like they're going to be any worse off if trump losses the GE.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
in case literally anyone is interested these are the actual final results from the Virgin Islands caucuses:

Cruz: 191 (11.74%)
Rubio: 161 (9.90%)
Carson: 108 (6.64%)
TRUMP: 104 (6.39%)
Uncommitted: 1,063 (65.33%)

Total: 1,627 votes

First time in any contest that Trump has come lower than 3rd.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
20th time this tweet series has been quoted on this page alone but shouldn't she have said "won't make a Clinton victory any less likely"?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

GOP:

Nothing matters, I don't care anymore

kill meeeeeeee

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Breitbart: Yeah it prolly wasn't Lewandowski who manhandled our reporter
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/11/trump-presser-ben-terris-misidentified/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What website has that delegate map people are using?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Ah. Yeah, that is going to be fun, not gonna lie.

Who's going to be convinced of that, outside of people who already support him? I don't think too many people are going to buy that, especially when Clinton/Sanders ads will be blaring "TRUMP SAYS MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS," etc etc.

hey, majorian

remember how this had no impact on an election?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Breitbart: Yeah it prolly wasn't Lewandowski who manhandled our reporter
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/11/trump-presser-ben-terris-misidentified/

Say it with me, everyone: Unstumped.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Prince Harry should relax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Pillowpants posted:

This is what the race looks like if Cruz wins EVERYTHING 55-45 after Tuesday.

In the entirely realistic world where Cruz somehow finds a way to win NY, NJ, and all the other New England states left

• Locked thread