Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Brought my team up from 3 7* 2 6* to 4 7* 1 6* and GW got substantially harder. Had to do some retreats and run Dooku and Daka to prevent serious cheese with their stuns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a hard time understanding how Kylo Ren can use Lash Out 2-3 turns in a row with me never once hitting him.

I've noticed this behavior a poo poo TON on defense, he just seems to use it over and over, and have constant retribution up.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'm guessing he also benefits from +Turn meter effects (Phasma, StormyHan and other BDSM buffers)

Harnessing the power of S&M is the key to "tanks"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

I'm guessing he also benefits from +Turn meter effects (Phasma, StormyHan and other BDSM buffers)

Lash-out is on a 4-turn cooldown.

He resets his cooldowns upon receiving damage, but I don't it him and usually leave him for last (not unlike Savage O). He's pretty harmless unless he can use lash-out multiple times.

So how then did this mother fucker just use Lash-out 2 turns in a row?

I've seen him use it 3 turns in a row before... with me having not hit him. I imagine Kylo users see Dooku and cream their pants at all of the free abilities.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

:iiam:

But I've seen that too, without getting hit. Only against defending Kylo though, so probably more bugs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The wording on his passive is "Unstoppable - Kylo has a 45% chance to reset his cooldowns whenever he is damaged."

Kylo Ren is always damaged. The pain caused to him cannot be fixed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The wording on his passive is "Unstoppable - Kylo has a 45% chance to reset his cooldowns whenever he is damaged."

Kylo Ren is always damaged. The pain caused to him cannot be fixed.

good, gently caress'im

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

good, gently caress'im

Man, their new GW formula is seriously hosed for newer players. The account I created almost a week ago (I think it was Friday night?) is on its third day of GW. Day 1, I ran into a team at +10 levels on the 6th or 7th node. I managed to clear it, but lost my whole A team, and was unable to clear the team after them. Day 2, I cleared without losing anyone until the last battle. It was challenging and took time, but ended at around +5 levels. Today, I'm on about the 8th node, and at level 42, I ran into a level 60 team. I...don't even understand how this matchup happens. I mean, they've gotta have about double my power. My level 42 3* team (well, I do have a 4* GS now) is fighting a level 60, 4* or better team.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013
I just hit level 70 this morning, been playing for about two months.

965-134-547

I've been using a half-rear end arena team for ten levels to (allegedly) reduce the difficulty of GW fights. It seems to be working as only a couple of battles end up being too hard, so I'm finishing GW at least 2-3 times a week now instead of being wiped out within the first 6-9 battles. I keep my arena rating in the 2000-1500 range to get 400 per day.

I use 4* Phas, 6* Lumi, 4* Sid, 4* Chewie, 4* Vader, switching leader spots around and swapping Chewie for 4* QGJ occasionally.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Man, their new GW formula is seriously hosed for newer players. The account I created almost a week ago (I think it was Friday night?) is on its third day of GW. Day 1, I ran into a team at +10 levels on the 6th or 7th node. I managed to clear it, but lost my whole A team, and was unable to clear the team after them. Day 2, I cleared without losing anyone until the last battle. It was challenging and took time, but ended at around +5 levels. Today, I'm on about the 8th node, and at level 42, I ran into a level 60 team. I...don't even understand how this matchup happens. I mean, they've gotta have about double my power. My level 42 3* team (well, I do have a 4* GS now) is fighting a level 60, 4* or better team.

Yup.

I also hit that 2 days ago on my Googleplay account.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grillburg posted:

I just hit level 70 this morning, been playing for about two months.

965-134-547

I've been using a half-rear end arena team for ten levels to (allegedly) reduce the difficulty of GW fights. It seems to be working as only a couple of battles end up being too hard, so I'm finishing GW at least 2-3 times a week now instead of being wiped out within the first 6-9 battles. I keep my arena rating in the 2000-1500 range to get 400 per day.

I use 4* Phas, 6* Lumi, 4* Sid, 4* Chewie, 4* Vader, switching leader spots around and swapping Chewie for 4* QGJ occasionally.

gently caress it, get to top 200 if you can. GW doesn't ever get -that- much harder. If you're only getting GW beaten 3 times/week, you might as well up your Arena game. I'm in the top 200 on my level 50 account and have failed to finish GW exactly twice since I hit 40.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I uninstalled today and I swear I actually got a high when it happened.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The day is closing in on me.

I wish I hadn't given them money.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The day is closing in on me.

I wish I hadn't given them money.

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting for the next update, we're supposed to have news about it next week. If it's another lovely update, I will probably quit. Or, at the very least, log in twice a day to sim, do 3 arenas, and collect rewards.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting for the next update, we're supposed to have news about it next week. If it's another lovely update, I will probably quit. Or, at the very least, log in twice a day to sim, do 3 arenas, and collect rewards.

Yeah, who am I kidding? I STILL have PAD on my phone. I think I started playing that in 2012.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress it, get to top 200 if you can. GW doesn't ever get -that- much harder. If you're only getting GW beaten 3 times/week, you might as well up your Arena game. I'm in the top 200 on my level 50 account and have failed to finish GW exactly twice since I hit 40.

True...before I dumbed down my arena team, I was in the 400-200 range. But until I get my characters up a few more levels in gear and skills, the GW rewards are pretty essential to me. Once I max out Phasma and Lumi I won't worry about it as much.

Also I'm kind of a character hoarder (still F2P) so I've got something like 24+ characters all over level 50, and am working to get my main and alternate teams (and Jedi for Yoda) up to max level now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yup.

I also hit that 2 days ago on my Googleplay account.

Wow, I managed to beat it. I leveled up, then threw my 6th to 10th heroes (I have 11 total) at the battle. I got two of their heroes low, then used my main squad GS/QGJ to nuke those two. Then, all they had left was Sid, Chewie, and Phasma. Took about 5-6 more retreats, and I just had to sequence attacks in all the right order. I just now finished the whole GW. I really didn't think that would be possible.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Wow, I managed to beat it. I leveled up, then threw my 6th to 10th heroes (I have 11 total) at the battle. I got two of their heroes low, then used my main squad GS/QGJ to nuke those two. Then, all they had left was Sid, Chewie, and Phasma. Took about 5-6 more retreats, and I just had to sequence attacks in all the right order. I just now finished the whole GW. I really didn't think that would be possible.

If you can't beat a GW squad with your A team, sub in a tank and 5 DPS and blow 1 dude up. That's usually enough to get your A-team through unscathed.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

If you can't beat a GW squad with your A team, sub in a tank and 5 DPS and blow 1 dude up. That's usually enough to get your A-team through unscathed.

Yeah, I can only do this once right now though. I'll have Lumi by the end of the day, thanks to this clear, but I'm still 2 days from Sid. Beyond that, GS and QGJ are the only heroes I've unlocked. That'll start changing fast, but, for now, I'm stuck with a pretty lovely b-team. 3* Chewie, 1* 86, 1* Ewok, 2* Ahsoka, 1* Snowtrooper.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Wait, Barriss's heal works on herself even with Sid's debuff? That's a little game breaking...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

Wait, Barriss's heal works on herself even with Sid's debuff? That's a little game breaking...

The equalization part works on anyone with a heal debuff, but they won't gain the 15% of Barriss' health.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

owl_pellet posted:

I have two questions:

1. Can I rename my account?

Hi Mol, yes, apparently it's pretty quick if you just contact customer support.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I always thought Mol Eliza was a whale with 20 accounts.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Malgrin posted:

If it's another lovely update...
lol

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Malgrin posted:

"We got this new character, Trash Collector Man from Mos Eisley, who's a powerful healing debuffing attacker with a weak basic attack and 65 speed, synergies real well with Ugnaughts and Ewoks. In the upcoming month you'll be able to collect 10 shards to unlock him (at 1 star) and then we'll stick the only way to gain more shards under this rock that only whales that have paid more than $500 can even see in the main cantina interface, yes right there under that fat slugs tail. The cost to get him to a useable 6* will be around.... $850, give or take a couple of dozen (but who's counting? ...Well, besides us).

Oh, OTHER updates? We've... eh, we've... tweaked Mace Windu's Smite attack! His AI is now 25% more likely to actually hit the expose! And we've... given Chewie 1,8% more health! He should now be much more tanky. This should resolve the speed meta, we don't want to push balancing too fast!

Next update we'll be raising the level cap to 80 for the upcoming Rebels event which requires 5x7* Rebels! Look forward to that (and the $150 Leia-Rebel pack)."

*crickets*

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

"We got this new character, Trash Collector Man from Mos Eisley, who's a powerful healing debuffing attacker with a weak basic attack and 65 speed, synergies real well with Ugnaughts and Ewoks. In the upcoming month you'll be able to collect 10 shards to unlock him (at 1 star) and then we'll stick the only way to gain more shards under this rock that only whales that have paid more than $500 can even see in the main cantina interface, yes right there under that fat slugs tail. The cost to get him to a useable 6* will be around.... $850, give or take a couple of dozen (but who's counting? ...Well, besides us).

Oh, OTHER updates? We've... eh, we've... tweaked Mace Windu's Smite attack! His AI is now 25% more likely to actually hit the expose! And we've... given Chewie 1,8% more health! He should now be much more tanky. This should resolve the speed meta, we don't want to push balancing too fast!

Next update we'll be raising the level cap to 80 for the upcoming Rebels event which requires 5x7* Rebels! Look forward to that (and the $150 Leia-Rebel pack)."

*crickets*

I'm expecting this.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
They will release new IAP driving content from the queue when revenue starts to dip just like every other mobile game. People are smarter now because they know if they spend money for anything it will be made worthless by the next inevitable patch. In mobile gaming it's not pay to pay it's pay to rent to play.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Reminder that in this Pokemans Star Wars game players still cannot collect, or even purchase, Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber.

Or Rey, for that matter.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Reminder that in this Pokemans Star Wars game players still cannot collect, or even purchase, Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber.

Or Rey, for that matter.
That poo poo is being held back for the whales man.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I made it to 14th in my bracket without ever losing a match or backsliding in rank (that I noticed). Then I lost, and quit because trying is for try-hards.

That's my GoH story.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm expecting this.

My body is ready.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So apparently Google is doing some Google Play promotions in the next couple weeks which includes SWGoH. The devs haven't mentioned anything about it publicly but a dataminer found out about a droid event: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4a0aid/datamined_droids_event/

It's not clear what the reward is but it's similar to the Yoda event in that you need at least 3 droids of varying star levels to participate.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

cowofwar posted:

That poo poo is being held back for the whales man.

Of course, but it's still funny.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Of course, but it's still funny.

The load splash screen shows luke with a lightsabre.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Luke with a lightsaber *is in the game*, you fight him in one of the missions. So it's even more blatant that they are holding him back just to fish for whales/money once the release hype dies off (which is about... now).

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Luke with a lightsaber *is in the game*, you fight him in one of the missions. So it's even more blatant that they are holding him back just to fish for whales/money once the release hype dies off (which is about... now).

Also scoundrel Han Solo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why would they even add Han Solo into the game but not his default loving outfit? Makes no sense from a "Hey look it's han solo oh man I want this game!" kinda place.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Why would they even add Han Solo into the game but not his default loving outfit? Makes no sense from a "Hey look it's han solo oh man I want this game!" kinda place.

Well, in about a month, when the well has dried up, they will release him as a P2P hero, and players will drop $500 just to get him. End of story. Same with lightsaber luke.

e: Did I say $500? I forgot a 1, as in, $1500.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

He's in the game in several forms.

Isn't there a green-lightsaber/black suit form in the chapter 7 poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So because I can get someone like Dooku in Bronzium, I guess that means to make up for it I can complete 6 hard mode missions three times a piece and not get a single shard. Not. a. single. shard.

• Locked thread