Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Josh Lyman posted:

You're looking for TFR and GiP.

:what:

(Believe it or not most of GIP skews left)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Barudak posted:

My great grandmother, rest her soul, lived to be at least a hundred and moved from Poland when she was a child. She liked that my grandfather married a Lebanese woman because she wasn't white and so felt like she could trust her. By the time she died people at the home didn't really get why she wanted somebody with an ethnic, hopefully polish, name to help her over names like ,Smith. Hated the Russians to the core though and would get furious if you mentioned any polish food was similar to a Russian one.

American race attitudes shift rapidly is what I'm saying.
As corollary, my (supposedly 100% German) 92 year old great-aunt gave me the stinkeye when I told her her DNA test came back 30% Polish. I had to explain that there were lots of Germans living in Poland and part of Poland was part of Germany back in the day to calm her down. She was Not Happy.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Boon posted:

- In Ohio, incumbent Republican Rob Portman faces a tough challenge against former Governor Ted Strickland. Portman isn't exactly loved and Ohio currently favors Democratic chances with a strong presidential turnout, however, Kasich on the ticket can change all of that and may well lead to Ohio going R. The assumption here is that Kasich will not be the nominee and will not be chosen for VP and Ohio elects Strickland. Perhaps a bad assumption considering what appears to be a favorable pairing of Trump and Kasich.

In this magical hyperpartisan world we live in, with its national and social media circuses, the Favourite Son thing isn't really a thing anymore. If Kasich is at the top of the ticket (he won't), maybe there might be an appreciable effect, but if he's the VP nom, it's not going to cause much of any movement in Ohio. It's all down to turnout instead of swing voters now, basically, can the Democrats turn out enough of their constituency to win.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crabtree posted:

Florida is also one of the largest parts of the beef industry as its year long warm weather and plentiful feed and thus safe to let cows make more cows year round. Any loss of land in that area is an immediate hit to some of the east coast's food production, but hey. gently caress if Rubio cares about his own home turf.

The feed quality for those cows is absolute garbage, resulting in the beef being awful compared to the Midwest. I want to say that FL beef is the stuff that gets ground up and sold for fast food joints but I'm phone posting and can't validate that.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yeah if Kasich were the nominee (somehow) Ohio would certainly go R according to the polling data out there. That said, not sure how that translates to the VP slot, but Ohio is close enough that it could be decisive.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:what:

(Believe it or not most of GIP skews left)

Ehhhh

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Nonsense posted:

http://newsok.com/joes-crab-shack-a...m+RSS+-+Home%29

Joe’s Crab Shack apologizes for using photo of lynching as table decor

Holy poo poo, that's pretty tasteless. And I don't just mean the quality of their food!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PhazonLink posted:

As someone that loves meat, people should eat less meat. Carbon cost of meat yo. Get used to beans + the local staple grain.

Chicken is actually fairly close to soy in terms of environmental impact.

kalven
Feb 17, 2006
Since i dont want my beloved country get thrown completely in the mud I would like to point out that Sweden was one of the few that atleast tried during the refugee crisis. We have hade a growing racist party in your country for some time now tho and they share one large thing with Trump that I cant wrap my head around. Both can do and say absolutly insane things but never get called on it. And not just the racist thing, everything just seem to bounce of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis#/media/File:Map_of_the_European_Migrant_Crisis_2015.png

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's also much easier/cheaper/tastier to get leaner cuts of chicken than beef. Beef has a ton of bad fats.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/trymainelee/status/708310127430860800

We're going to see a full-blown riot break out at a Trump rally any day now. He's outright advocating for violence and his supporters are happy to oblige.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

kalven posted:

Since i dont want my beloved country get thrown completely in the mud I would like to point out that Sweden was one of the few that atleast tried during the refugee crisis. We have hade a growing racist party in your country for some time now tho and they share one large thing with Trump that I cant wrap my head around. Both can do and say absolutly insane things but never get called on it. And not just the racist thing, everything just seem to bounce of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis#/media/File:Map_of_the_European_Migrant_Crisis_2015.png

Pretty sure they do get called on it. It's just that their supporters agree with it. "You said brown people are evil!!" "Well I only meant to imply it."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rhesus Pieces posted:

We're going to see a full-blown riot break out at a Trump rally any day now. He's outright advocating for violence and his supporters are happy to oblige.

Always the sawed-off little fuckers who want to start poo poo.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Not only advocating for it, but covering for his supporters when it happens and inciting anger against the media reporting on it. Today, he came out and said that the people that were struck were often fighting his audience or swinging at them.

Judy Miller is on Fox News right now laying down some hard truths though, which is pretty awesome.

Boon fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 11, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Even D&D's most intractable milkmen would probably make for public officials an order of magnitude more reasonable and competent, and equally less destructive, than a great many of the True Believers currently making decisions on city councils and boards of education and state senates across the country.

Not gona lie, fishmech on a city council would be hilarious to behold.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

computer parts posted:

Chicken is actually fairly close to soy in terms of environmental impact.

Cricket meat is the best choice actually. http://www.wired.com/2015/05/good-news-cricket-protein-bars-almost/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

"Sad news today, as a city council member was found stabbed to death by a pen."

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary's turnout of black voters for the primary has been eye-popping. Primaries are not a reflection of a general election but all signs point to her being about as large of a draw as Obama. The fact that her most likely opponent is the worst racist candidate since George Wallace will help too.

but she isn't though. The turnout is very low compared to 08 but she is capturing a high percentage of black voters.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

A Winner is Jew posted:

The Council would like to remind all members that calling other Councilors "whiny bitch-children" is strongly frowned upon

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

"Sad news today, as a city council member was found stabbed to death by a pen."

The Onion already wrote the obituary.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is the first time I've done it in this forum, in how many years I've been posting here. But its time to bust it out.

lol

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/708327878211940352

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

This is the first time I've done it in this forum, in how many years I've been posting here. But its time to bust it out.

lol

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/708327878211940352
Isn't this collusion or something?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

No, you can tell your supporters to vote for another guy if you want. But why would you want to unless you think your candidacy is over?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Oh brother, a hulk hogan like being the voice of reason

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Zeroisanumber posted:

No, you can tell your supporters to vote for another guy if you want. But why would you want to unless you think your candidacy is over?

Because rubio can't win ohio, but kasich can, and kasich winning ohio is more likely to lead to a contested convention where rubio can win the nomination.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey I have a (stupid/obvious)question related to the Trump supporter hitting the protester.

Isn't this an easy 1st amendment and assault case? I recall noted poo poo/hate group the Westboro Baptist Church would would provoke people and live off settlements. Seems like the ACLU has an easy win both against the assaulter, the police for not doing their job, maybe Trump himself.

Trump also said he would pay for legal fees. I hope his more stupid supporters try getting help and get told to gently caress off.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

silvergoose posted:

Because rubio can't win ohio, but kasich can, and kasich winning ohio is more likely to lead to a contested convention where rubio can win the nomination.

At this point, given the polling that's out, I think that the GOP is chasing a pipe dream when they talk about a brokered convention.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This is why I think that this election needs to be more than just a simple win, it needs to be an outright repudiation and rejection of the values that Trump represents. People should be hitting the streets not just to rally for their candidates but to rally against Trump.

Anything else keeps the dogwhistle oiled and polished.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I think he and I live in the same area.

That's not a guarantee that I'd vote for him or anything. For all that local politics in the Boston area are a hive of corruption, liberal values aren't exactly struggling for a voice here.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

And if it is? I mean the worst that's likely to happen is Trump will make some comment about it and it will be forgotten about completely the day after the Ohio the primary.

The elections moving far to fast and so much other poo poo is going on, for a little thing like this to be noticed.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Hahahaha All you literally have to do is have that video of a Trump supporter punching a black dude, or attacking other black people that dudes response, and then Trump encouraging the people at his events to attack people.

Show that in all 50 states all summer and lol at Trump getting any of the Black Vote.

Trump picking Carson for VP would give him the "See I'm not racist" retort. I think most people would see through it, but it would give some deniability with the "I'm not racist but..." type of white voters.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's a time-honored political strategy!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hillary's been making a supreme effort to connect to the Obama Coalition since she ran into it face first back in 2008, and her work has paid a lot of dividends. Once she finishes off Bernie in the next month or so and Obama hooks OFA up to the Clinton Machine to form political Voltron, I don't think that candidate Trump will have even a ghost of a chance.

This is very funny. I'm seeing Political Voltron gearing up to fight the Chaos Candidate, as Liar Ted and Little Marco fall over in the background.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

deoju posted:

Trump picking Carson for VP would give him the "See I'm not racist" retort. I think most people would see through it, but it would give some deniability with the "I'm not racist but..." type of white voters.

Only anti-black racism.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPJMUdwbzo

Imagine First Lady Cindy McCain's version of Let's Move :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

A Winner is Jew posted:

His fellow council members would suffer aneurysms through sheer obstinance. Please think of the poor council members that would have to suffer through that.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

silvergoose posted:

Rubio and Kasich are sort of one candidate with two faces at this point.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

deoju posted:

Most Black people I know(family and friends) do not give a flying gently caress about Ben Barson. People in my age group 27ish don't really know why he's known at all and even the older ones who grew up learning about him don't like him.

Maybe the GOP will eventually realize that just having Blacks/Hispanics/Women on the ticket or in debates doesn't mean poo poo if you aren't at least attempting to pretend that you care about their issues with your policies.

The Dems have been doing that for years and it's worked wonders for them.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 11, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

His fellow council members would suffer aneurysms through sheer obstinance. Please think of the poor council members that would have to suffer through that.

It's like that old wall of text about the guy in the chess tournament, except it's the city council.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Most Black people I know(family and friends) do not give a flying gently caress about Ben Barson. People in my age group 27ish don't really know why he's known at all and even the older ones who grew up learning about him don't like him.

Maybe the GOP will eventually realize that just having Blacks/Hispanics/Women on the ticket or in debates doesn't mean poo poo if you aren't at least attempting to pretend that you care about their issues with your policies.

The Dems have been doing that for years and it's worked wonders for them.

Carson as VP wouldn't be to increase his standing with black people, it would be to attract the Romney voters to the polls. It would be to make the Thomas Friedman reading suburban dads of the country say "Well, he must not be so bad and racist if he picked a black man as his VP, and such a well-spoken one at that!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Bushiz posted:

Carson as VP wouldn't be to increase his standing with black people, it would be to attract the Romney voters to the polls. It would be to make the Thomas Friedman reading suburban dads of the country say "Well, he must not be so bad and racist if he picked a black man as his VP, and such a well-spoken one at that!"

I can absolutely see Trump try this crap.

• Locked thread