Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Procrastinator posted:

Yeah I heard a lot about Stronghold, it's just the hardest to get to. A guy I met at the GP said they do proxy Legacy too, but it's all very hush-hush with that proxy poo poo that went on a little while ago.

Halt citizen, this is the police. Come out with your hands up, and your deck box out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

They really hate the concept of Refuge lands don't they.

Edit: Really liking the UR art though.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

Unfortunately a Scoured Barrens, a Wind-scarred Crag, and a Jungle Hollow don't exactly fit in on Innistrad. Also not every set/block needs fixing at Common and they seem to have an allergy to changing the rarity on things arbitrarily.

Once they have multiple full cycles with generic names they can almost guarantee that they'll be able to use them as appropriate. These plus the Oath ones give them a full cycle with fairly generic names at Uncommon.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

I've drafted BBB and OOB at least three times a week, and I still pause and think I should gain 1 life when I play an ETBT land. It just feels so right.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They also probably want mana fixing to be a lot less good after like 4 years of heavily gold standards.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Collector numbers confirm no reprint of the INN checklands, so if there is a rare dual land cycle it's entirely new.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Konstantin posted:

Collector numbers confirm no reprint of the INN checklands, so if there is a rare dual land cycle it's entirely new.

Check lands were my favorite standard lands. :colbert:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh another Cutthroat Effect. Good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man I love Innistrad.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's a lot of work for a Zulaport Cutthroat. I guess it could still maybe provide redundancy in some aristocrats deck but it seems fairly bad.

e: the fact that it sacs any permanent is cool for Delirium reasons, though

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 11, 2016

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also, have yourself your weekly :dice: (pretend that says mtgo)

quote:

Interesting story: During the time when Born of the Gods went to typesetting and localization, and started getting printed, the Magic Online cardset team came to us with a small problem—Whims of the Fates. The card was the "random weird red rare" that shows up in many sets. It turned out Magic Online didn't have a good way to do separate cards into three piles—as we had previously only ever put cards into two piles. That meant that the majority of the work that needed to go into the set for Magic Online went to redoing how cards were separated into piles to accommodate that one card. What was so unfortunate is that the card didn't mean a lot to us—it was something we thought was cool, but it wasn't load-bearing for the set. If we'd had a better line of communication with digital, we could've made a slight tweak to the card to help them decrease the time needed to program Born of the Gods and let the excess resources go toward something else.

On an aside, Sam Stoddard has made Latest Developments the most readable it's been in years

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 11, 2016

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Doesn't even work in Rally since it will have summoning sickness. Cool card, though, the guy on the flip side is looking a little...lumpy?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^^ Doesn't work in Rally because Rally will rotate when it's legal.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

That's a lot of work for a Zulaport Cutthroat. I guess it could still maybe provide redundancy in some aristocrats deck but it seems fairly bad.

e: the fact that it sacs any permanent is cool for Delirium reasons, though
It's a cutthroat that can both trigger and survive avacyn's tantrum. Seems okay to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lets Pickle posted:

Doesn't even work in Rally since it will have summoning sickness. Cool card, though, the guy on the flip side is looking a little...lumpy?

Rally won't be legal in standard with it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It does potentially do work in the Ghostway deck though.

e: this guy would actually hypothetically work in Rally by the way, you could activate him with the trigger on the stack in your next upkeep

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 11, 2016

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the new lands are pretty sweet imo

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Why can't you embed images on here anymore? Clicking each link is stupid!

Are they streaming the GP event today in DC?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cernunnos posted:

they seem to have an allergy to changing the rarity on things arbitrarily.
Yeah well they just changed the rarity of FOW and wasteland, two iconic staples ~

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lot of common jank being spoiled today

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

dragon enthusiast posted:

I love cards like this in limited.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

That was actually already in the stolen booster

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

It's a cutthroat that can both trigger and survive avacyn's tantrum. Seems okay to me.

If this was intentionally designed with that particular flavor reason in mind then that's actually pretty awesome.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

What happened to your faaaaacccceeee

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
Are there weird mushrooms growing on those cryptoliths?

Thallids confirmed. :shroom:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

"Im evil now I speak out the side of my mouth like an old school gangster, see"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Vomax posted:

Oh god the plot of Innistrad 2 is just "The Happening" and everything is because of trees.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Wayward Disciple looks like a fisherman from the East Coast of Canada.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Vomax posted:

I saw them as candles.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think what we really need to be looking at is how this allows Soul Sisters to have a sort of wincon.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Cernunnos posted:

Unfortunately a Scoured Barrens, a Wind-scarred Crag, and a Jungle Hollow don't exactly fit in on Innistrad. Also not every set/block needs fixing at Common and they seem to have an allergy to changing the rarity on things arbitrarily.

Once they have multiple full cycles with generic names they can almost guarantee that they'll be able to use them as appropriate. These plus the Oath ones give them a full cycle with fairly generic names at Uncommon.

Yeah, they're completing the cycle of the basic generically-named ETB-tapped duals that they started in Oath, so they have a generic set of uncommon/common fixing lands they can re-use at will in future sets that don't have any special abilities or extra types (like Gate) on them. I think there are a set of them already but they have Dominaria-specific names or something?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Count Bleck posted:

I think what we really need to be looking at is how this allows Soul Sisters to have a sort of wincon.

Pretty sure this best wincon for Soul Sisters.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

It's not jank it's the glue of Limited!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

:madmax:

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Delirium being the only apparent payoff for self-mill is kind of unexciting (for limited), given that we're going back to the plane that had flashback last time.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The symbol on his knife looks similar to the clue token, which people are saying looks a lot like Emrakul. Do we get a cool Emrakul doomsday cult?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 11, 2016

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
What if the moon is actually just Emrakul, but looking from the top, so the weird jellyfish head thing looks round, then we can have Tammy going "That's no moon!" on Emrakul 2.0's flavor text.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
So they're not streaming the Grand Prix today?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

80s James Hetfield posted:

So they're not streaming the Grand Prix today?!

I think this was one of their planned cost savings measures.

• Locked thread