Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Man, I've been playing on the Topps kick app and they just put the last 16 Europa league in. The only Serie A teams they have (right now leagues are BPL, DFL, and MLS) are from UEFA comps..

Meaning opening packs with Lazio and not Fiorentina :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

quote:

Maurizio Zamparini called Palermo Coach Beppe Iachini “an idiot who has gone mad, now we’ll see if Davide Ballardini accepts a return.”

The club President spoke to Radio 24 show La Zanzara this evening and his comments suggest there’s no way back.

“I don’t know why he’s angry, that’s his problem. Now he wants to leave, the players and I are trying to stop him. This is one of those years. Guillermo Schelotto went to Boca, Iachini’s going too. All we need is my resignation and we’ve got a full house.

“Now I have to call Ballardini and see if he’ll accept a return. I am struggling here. (Sometime caretaker manager Fabio) Viviani? For the love of God no! What’s he got to do with anything?”

It has to be said, Zamparini’s technique for convincing Iachini to stay might need some work.

“He’s gone mad, he’s no longer Iachini. He refuses to dialogue with the club.

“Iachini won’t accept me telling him to put the team out better on the field. Can a President not talk about his own team? Have we lost our minds? Why do people always defend the Coaches?

“Iachini is an idiot. He’s making the team play badly and over the last 13 games the average is 0.7 points per match and he won’t even accept that we tell him ‘for ****sakes, try to play a bit better.’

“Iachini has a losing mentality and he doesn’t give a drat either. His contract is set to expire and he probably already has a deal with another club."

Palermo are currently fourth from bottom, only one point clear of Frosinone and the relegation zone.

“I am not going into Serie B. We will finish seven points ahead of Frosinone, who have Serie B players, while our squad belongs in Serie A.”

The situation in Sicily is rarely calm, but has become positively explosive over the last few months since Iachini was originally sacked on November 10.

Ballardini came in and was fired with legal action for ‘breach of contract’ after a player coup on January 11, so the contract has already been rescinded.

The last two months have been utter chaos with a series of four different caretaker managers until Iachini was recalled on February 10.

There are now multiple reports Ballardini will return to Palermo tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/QnYnAd0.gifv

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Woodenlung posted:

quote:

“he doesn’t give a drat either."

This is probably true because he's already been canned once and got his job back so why should he care.

Zamp is right in that this side should not be going to Serie B with the players they have but lmao if he thinks that it isn't at least half his fault.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This is probably true because he's already been canned once and got his job back so why should he care.

Zamp is right in that this side should not be going to Serie B with the players they have but lmao if he thinks that it isn't at least half his fault.
[/quote]

Yeeep. Pretty good rant though.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
and Zamps is far from done. He went on the radio to clarify things and take questions from supporters, which of course went well. My favorite parts is him first saying the manager needs his authorization to change the lineup, just to confirm he does nto actually decide the lineup.

quote:

"I got rid of him because the team wasn’t delivering. After that I did not sack Ballardini. He wanted to change the goalkeeper without my authorisation"

“I always exchanged ideas with my Coaches, because I think that I understand football and believe decisions should be shared, though naturally I am not the one who makes the line-up,” continued the President.

and then he went full on Trump, declaring everyone loves him.

quote:

A fan urged Zamparini to quit instead, because he was dragging the club towards relegation.

“It was only one fan. I still believe our team belongs in the top half of the table. Today I tried to motivate the team and everything that happened today was not meant to end up in the papers. The fans admire me. I am 75 years old and in June I will leave. I might even quit next week. Around three months ago I asked Giovanni Trapattoni if he wanted to be President of Palermo. He said no, but I think I have the solution in mind."

Does Zamparini think perhaps he went a bit overboard with some of his criticism, for example calling Iachini an ‘idiot’ on radio today?

“I said certain things to try and fire up the team. Journalists said similar things too. This week I’ll resign, because I’m fed up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Odds he actually retires? Zero?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Odds he actually retires? Zero?

Yeah he's been saying this for about 10 years.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah he's been saying this for about 10 years.

Honestly, at this point, every time I see Zamp say some poo poo like this I feel like I have déjà vu until I remember he just does this over n over.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
The last few years the look for his replacement has actually been on going and serious though. But every time any potential buyer realized what a mess it is, they have run away. Would not be surprised to see him repeat his Venezia period, where he with idiotic sackings got the team relegated and then sold them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Walter Novellino, better know as a player than a manager I think, though he's managed a ton of teams that I wasn't aware of, is now Palermo's manager. RIP.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol how many is it now? This must be a record

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
You have to admit they are a pretty likable team
https://streamable.com/a2sn

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seltzer posted:

This was incredibly humanizing and I despised every second of it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

This is how teams prepare for pitches in Serie B, Sarri seems to be overreacting.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Just a note for anybody that wasn't aware, Juve play Sassuolo tonight (in 2 hours) due to the CL match next week.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Just a note for anybody that wasn't aware, Juve play Sassuolo tonight (in 2 hours) due to the CL match next week.

And Berardi accidentally misses the match vs his own team - for the third time in 3 years. Seems he's going for Di Natale's record vs. Napoli!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

And Berardi accidentally misses the match vs his own team - for the third time in 3 years. Seems he's going for Di Natale's record vs. Napoli!

It's quite uncanny

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

No Berardi, no Defrel, GOMBLODDO

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

God drat if Dybala had scored that sick shot I would have gone crazy

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

Walter Novellino, better know as a player than a manager I think, though he's managed a ton of teams that I wasn't aware of, is now Palermo's manager. RIP.

:3:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao Khedira is a turd

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Goddamn Dybala is so good

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

Goddamn Dybala is so good

He really is. That shot was so nice.

And Allegri is finally playing him consistently vs earlier in the season. And they're on a winning streak. Huh? Guess I was right about something.

Now to finally prove Chiellini is a Gargoyle.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Buffon has just beaten Zoff's unbeaten record, and is now going for Rossi's. At the 67th minute he's at 903 minutes, Rossi's record is at 929 minutes without conceding goals. I am not sure if injury time is counted, I don't think it is.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Injury time doesn't count (it definitely should but the rules are dumb)

He's now 3 minutes away from the record.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

If I was playing Juventus next I'd be shooting from the kick-off immediately just in case. Imagine the headlines if that went in.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Next match is the derby against Torino, so they will probably try that.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Emp Samp worth watching?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

*checks in after doing laundry for 30 mins*

apparently not.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I watched the 2nd half, it was decent.

Empoli have not won a match in a very long time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Icardi seemed to pull a hamstring early on in the first half vs Bologna.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Eder has been a huge transfer flop so far.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Simone Poodoin posted:

Eder has been a huge transfer flop so far.

Good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That was far too easy for Perisic

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol Kondogbia is such loving trash. It's staggering how much money Inter paid for him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter being sort of competent again is making me mad

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Random trivia: Chievo Milan, the 12.30 match, is the 25000th game to be played in Serie A ever since it was converted into a single section championship (in 1929).

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Abbiati has had to make a few tough saves since he came on

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Daylight savings time allowed me to wake up early enough to watch this poo poo, so. Ow I have two reasons to hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

How many crosses/passes into the box has Honda wasted so far? I count like five and I tuned in at halftime.

• Locked thread