Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The only notable thing I got was the banner SSR Agl Super Vegeta. On one hand I'm happy that I have an Agl SSR now. On the other hand, an agl versus a teq for anti-regeration? Seems not good.

Yeah, after I spent all that time grinding to get the Strike Tien and you'd be insane to actually use him there :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there an easy way to refresh which friends/guests you have access to for a run? None of my Kid Buu or Kaioken Goku buddies came up for the Broly event I'm looking to run.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there an easy way to refresh which friends/guests you have access to for a run? None of my Kid Buu or Kaioken Goku buddies came up for the Broly event I'm looking to run.

Nope, you have to do a cheap stamina level or something else you're working on to refresh it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Not the kind of post I want to see before pulling a multipull. :ohdear:

I'm still going to do it because I'm not too bright.

I got a stone from doing the cell games stage 1, which brought me back to 5. A single pull yielded Rare Str Jeice. :suicide:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay, another dumb question. Does my set team order affect battle order? I understand that the 1st and 2nd guy in a battle show up two rounds later as 2nd and 3rd, is there any way I can set who is 1st and 2nd before I go into a battle?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay, another dumb question. Does my set team order affect battle order? I understand that the 1st and 2nd guy in a battle show up two rounds later as 2nd and 3rd, is there any way I can set who is 1st and 2nd before I go into a battle?

Nope, it's random at the start and able to be manipulated from there.

Beat 40-stamina Cell on my first try. Got a Turles friend, so had three stunners, worked pretty well. I like the gimmick of having to finish with a super.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Are there any discount Dokkan Festival pulls? Any reason I shouldn't just use up my dragonstones for one last multipull?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Crap, I was saving my stones for this banner but from mine and everyone else's results it sucks, did two multipulls and didn't get a single banner character, at least I got Majuub and Babidi, which is really useful against Cell. I really wanted those SSR androids...

2 medals so far, I'm going with an INT team of SA10 dokkan awaken Golden Frieza (MVP), Perfect Cell, Whis, Mecha Frieza, Teen Bulma and Babidi. Had to use a stone to continue once because I got cocky but it seems I'll be able to manage.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
These events are devastatingly hard if you don't have exactly the right team to tackle them.. which I don't. I think I burned 3 stones to beat Cell with a decent team. Oh well. Bring on the World Tournament I guess. :sigh:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Woo! Got Broly on the first try, no stones. I took a STR SSJ Goku with me and shot him to death with Adult SSJ Gohan. I'm thinking I might swap out AGI saiyaman with King Vegeta since he doesn't have any links with my team whereas King Vegeta has Blazing Battle on him. Either way it's nice to know I can do the fight. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Got the SSR STR Beerus from a few single pulls, so that's consolation for not getting one of the banner characters.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I beat Cell and got my first medal :toot:

Team was

Mecha Freeza
Golden Freeza (Gacha)
Perfect Cell
Babidi
Kid Bulma (INT)
Bulma
Golden Freeza (Dokkan) as the friend

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
More like The Stun Games, amirite? I'm running Mecha Frieza/Perfect Cell./Golden Frieza/SSJ Adult Gohan/Turles/General Blue, with a Turles friend.

Did Broly get the upgraded bar that Cell has so you can actually see how many he has left?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 11, 2016

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah it shows he has 3 bars now.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So,

Turtles
Bulma
Chiao Tzu
SSJ2 Gohan
SSB Goku
SSJ Goku

Decided to ingore regeneration and go for stunning/squashing him

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I like how I pulled a SS Bardock well after it would be worthwhile.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tried my luck at the banner and got a double SSR pull of STR Super Trunks and STR SSJ Goten. The Goten would be really useful on my Broly strike team as he's one of the four cards with a Rampage breaker passive and would combo great with my SSJ Adult Gohan, but unfortunately I'm dead broke and can't awaken him without about 10 more runs of the Hercule stage.

On the plus side that's another 2 SSJs for a Broly team!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That was why I was kind of meh on SSR 17. He's pretty niche and I only have enough zeni for one more UR awakening. Maybe if I get SSR 18? Actually, that'd be awesome. They get +5 ki when they're adjacent. Shame 17 and 18 are so hard to build teams around.

Edit: Haha, nice. Just got a double SSR pull. Super Vegeta and another INT Perfect Cell. Why the hell are there so many AGL Soul vs. Soul cards?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 11, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:sigh: I'm doing so bad at this. I just want to be able to dokkan my Cell.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Tried my luck at the banner and got a double SSR pull of STR Super Trunks and STR SSJ Goten. The Goten would be really useful on my Broly strike team as he's one of the four cards with a Rampage breaker passive and would combo great with my SSJ Adult Gohan, but unfortunately I'm dead broke and can't awaken him without about 10 more runs of the Hercule stage.

On the plus side that's another 2 SSJs for a Broly team!

If you have a lot of the friend points just spin that gasha, they added the hercule statues to it's pool so you might get lucky and make enough to do it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I did like 10 friend multipulls last night and I still have enough for around 46.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Read on Reddit that the SSR rates are very high for this Dokkan Festival Gacha. I'll spend the rest of my stones for one more multipull...

...haha, didn't even get a Super Saiyan Goku in the summon animation.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 11, 2016

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Is the 1st Form Cell you can get from the drop worth farming? I was able to beat the 40 stamina cell without any issue but I don't have any other characters that I can awaken.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Severedseven posted:

Is the 1st Form Cell you can get from the drop worth farming? I was able to beat the 40 stamina cell without any issue but I don't have any other characters that I can awaken.

Depends if you have any good SSR AGL I suppose? I have no natural SSR AGL so I'm trying to get more now (full stamina bar only yielded one).

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How are you all beating Cell so easily :mad:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Should I bother with the Soul Vs. Soul or should I run a team of INT types?

Unfortunately I don't have any INT stunners and my heaviest hitter is probably mecha Freeza. I do have Dragonball Bulma but I don't think that's anything to rely on.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aurora posted:

:sigh: I'm doing so bad at this. I just want to be able to dokkan my Cell.

I finished a single run and it took me 3 stones, not to mention all the Senzu Beans, Cargos, and Dendes. gently caress that nonsense. Maybe if I get better equipped I'll try it again, but I don't get how these people on Reddit with very similar teams to mine are finishing it with just stunners. It's way too unreliable for my tastes.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I finished a single run and it took me 3 stones, not to mention all the Senzu Beans, Cargos, and Dendes. gently caress that nonsense. Maybe if I get better equipped I'll try it again, but I don't get how these people on Reddit with very similar teams to mine are finishing it with just stunners. It's way too unreliable for my tastes.

If I were to guess: force quitting the application if the stun does not happen.

ninja e: Cell is too much for me. I'll take my agil team and farm lesser cell if I can.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm going to attempt to farm SSJ Broly. I have a solid AGI team, hopefully he won't be a problem. Just waiting for my stamina to regen after blowing it all on these behemoths.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Thanks for the tip about Hercule Statues showing up in the friend summon. Got my Goten awakened and my team is looking really sexy, I have 3 of the 4 cards that have the Rampage breaker passive now, plus another 2 characters with Blazing Battle and SSJ2 Vegeta's ATK/HP leader skill to top it all off.

The only thing I need now are baller friends with Kaioken Goku or Kid Buu (or other good AGI) leaders, so please add me if you're running those:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got the R Yamcha with Soul vs Soul from the Friend summon.. Is he even worth attempting in a team? I feel like the R's would just be a liability, even Awakened. I'm just burning some of my 80+ multi-summons that I have banked.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried the big Cell fight. Got about half his life down before using. I'm not sure the team I have is the best I can make for it. What I'm using is

SSR INT Mecha Frieza - leader for +Ki
UR INT Android 18
SSR INT Android 16 - for the verious anti-regeneration passives and links
UR INT SSJ Trunks
SSR INT King Vegeta -the two strong INT damage dealers I have (that aren't already in the team). I have the SSR INT Demon Piccolo that I could awaken and replace King Vegeta with.
SSR INT Kid Bulma - I dont know I heard stuns were good and she can stun and is INT so

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

How are you all beating Cell so easily :mad:

Mostly General Blue and INT SSJ Adult Gohan supers. Also the occasional Ghost Usher.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

visceril posted:

So,

Turtles
Bulma
Chiao Tzu
SSJ2 Gohan
SSB Goku
SSJ Goku

Decided to ingore regeneration and go for stunning/squashing him

I got cell down to the "finish him with a super!" bar, but I couldn't seal the deal.

Chiao Tzu and Bulma didn't procc even once the entire fight

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Going to give Cell a go with sheer force.

INT Dokkan Golden Frieza
INT Mech Frieza
INT Dokkan Coola
INT General Blue
INT SSJ Adult Gohan
INT Android 16

Should have a decent chance right?

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 11, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Going to give Cell a go with sheer force.

INT Dokkan Golden Frieza
INT Mech Frieza
INT Dokkan Coola
INT General Blue
INT SSJ Adult Gohan
INT Android 16

Should have a decent chance right?

Might be a bit annoying once you get him down to his last bar, but yeah, that'll probably be fine.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Decided to do the multi pull to see if I'd get any of the new characters and-

FINALLY an INT SSR and one that I can dokkan too!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

With a Kid Buu friend I can kill Broly without using any items at all. Doesn't feel right.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

With a Kid Buu friend I can kill Broly without using any items at all. Doesn't feel right.

Feels perfectly right that an overrated scrub (story) would lose to Buu but I'm not a Broly fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

B... but his power is maximum!