Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

Why is Hillary being brought up in this thread. Who cares, keep it in the pit that is the unreadable Democratic thread.

Because Reagan was a monster and all non-trump candidates are trying to copy him exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Why is Hillary being brought up in this thread. Who cares, keep it in the pit that is the unreadable Democratic thread.

Because she's a Republican, also you retards already ruined this thread being anti-Trump.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

mike12345 posted:

I'm joking, this is not the dem thread.

I have 800 posts itt don't tell me what thread im in. I guess i just have majorian fatigue

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol what the gently caress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Most unrealistic part is he part where Rubio lusts after women

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Jewel Repetition posted:

Lol what the gently caress

It's a preview of Hillary's catty GE attacks.

" Oh, i thought that nice lady that just died did something good and progressive - guess I was mistaken! But now please report on her terrible gay rights stances."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

It's a preview of Hillary's catty GE attacks.

my heart and best intentions tell me this is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Boosted_C5 posted:

Boo-hoo people made the choice to whore around and got themselves killed and Superwoman Nancy Reagan didn't stop it from happening.

Pretty hard to catch an STD when you save yourself for a committed monogamous relationship with ONE person who did the same.

This is one reason why I am pro-gay marriage. Remove all excuses and then spend research money on diseases that aren't typically directly attributable to improper behavior on the part of the stricken, like childhood cancers.

oh look, boosted being a giant piece of poo poo.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Saying that Nancy Reagan started a conversation about AIDS is like saying that the Klan burning a cross in your yard is their way of starting a conversation on race. It wasn't a clever joke, it was a signal to Neolibs that they should switch over if they don't like Trump. She's trying to appeal to the people across the aisle who share her lovely economic values.

Nonsense posted:

Because she's a Republican,

Yep. She's probably closer to Reagan politically than any current republican.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

my heart and best intentions tell me this is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not

The facts imo show that Hillary has played a good game since she restructured her team and presumably started listening to Blumenthal instead of Bill a few weeks ago

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think you guys have been mainlining trump for to long if you think it's bad for a politician to apologize for being wrong.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump should apologize for partying with war, sex, financial criminals the Clintons.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Because she's a Republican, also you retards already ruined this thread being anti-Trump.

im going to post extreme wiseacre comments about Donald Trump itt and you cannot stop me

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sudo rm -rf posted:

oh look, boosted being a giant piece of poo poo.

he's just feeling :smug: because he can't get aids from his anime pillow waifu

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

im going to post extreme wiseacre comments about Donald Trump itt and you cannot stop me

i am bested

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you have ruined this thread by not taking seriously the bizarre man-beast who loves tienanmen square death and exists in his own pocket reality. please stop or i will be forced to demand you remove yourself.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nonsense posted:

i am bested

at least until he gets sued.:laugh:

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

you have ruined this thread by not taking seriously the bizarre man-beast who loves tienanmen square death and exists in his own pocket reality. please stop or i will be forced to demand you remove yourself.

No Majorian ruined the thread with his awkward fumbling attempts at humor and generally being an all-round terrible poster.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

They do it because they love america

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Today in conservatives only care about things the effect them.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

i think you guys have been mainlining trump for to long if you think it's bad for a politician to apologize for being wrong.

I think it is bad for a politician to be Hillary Clinton in 2016 and that any candidate caught doing that should apologize.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

In case anyone in the thread is too young to get this joke...

That quote there was Reagan's response after he was caught lying. Specifically, caught denying that his administration had illegally secretly sold weapons to Iran in order to illegally secretly fund right wing death squads in Nicaragua and El Salvador despite explicit Congressional laws saying that the US would not fund said death squads. Reagan's response was that quote that is basically saying "I didn't think I was funding contras, but apparently it's happening, what can you do?"

The man was a master politician. Who the hell else could get away with claiming that he was completely unaware of stuff like this while President?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Hillary should change her twitter handle to HIVlary. That's the least she can do.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Donald Trump, eh? heh, none for me, thanks.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patter Song posted:

Who the hell else could get away with claiming that he was completely unaware of stuff like this while President?

"aware" is not a word I would generally use to describe the Reagan presidency. "technically present" would be a more accurate term imo

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Hilldawg is a Goldwater girl of course she idolizes Reagan.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
You know, guys, I personally haven't seen a Majorian post in like two weeks and I have been really enjoying the thread. I don't know any way for the rest of you to apply this info in your lives, but I felt like sharing anyway.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Patter Song posted:

In case anyone in the thread is too young to get this joke...

That quote there was Reagan's response after he was caught lying. Specifically, caught denying that his administration had illegally secretly sold weapons to Iran in order to illegally secretly fund right wing death squads in Nicaragua and El Salvador despite explicit Congressional laws saying that the US would not fund said death squads. Reagan's response was that quote that is basically saying "I didn't think I was funding contras, but apparently it's happening, what can you do?"

The man was a master politician. Who the hell else could get away with claiming that he was completely unaware of stuff like this while President?

i guess it's believable if you assume he had Alzheimer's all along.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Reagen told me I have AIDS.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
did reagan ever actually run the country? i assumed a bunch of neocons actually ran things and they wheeled him out for saying catchphrases in between getting his diapers changed and confusing nancy for his mom

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

look im not telling you how to live your life but the dude was clearly senile. i wouldn't lose any sleep.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jewel Repetition posted:

Fail AIDS, yes

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica
Ronald Reagan, huh? I heard that dude was baked 24/7 and pretty great at hiding it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

did reagan ever actually run the country? i assumed a bunch of neocons actually ran things and they wheeled him out for saying catchphrases in between getting his diapers changed and confusing nancy for his mom

his starcharts did

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/AP/status/708413624830787585

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

He did enough to gently caress it up quite a bit. He essentially rubber stamped literally everything that came across his desk though because he didn't know jack poo poo since well, actor from California and all.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/videos/10156744014850725/

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jeb is a waste

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This is good news.... FOR KASICH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

chief: Reagan get in here!!! Says here you were funding death squads!!! Is this true? What did I tell you??
Reagan: it's not true chief I swear! I promise I don't know anything about that!
*in the background, contras machine gun three nuns and roll their bodies into a ditch*
reagan: *tugging on collar* uh, whoopsy daisy!
chief: REAGANNNNNNNNN!
*laugh track*

• Locked thread