Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Moose-Alini posted:

Rumor has it that 9.2 jailbreak will be out before the new year. I think we got it as a Christmas present last year!

I hope so, I lost my jailbreak thanks to a restore because of my 6+ display crapping out. I can't stand this 9.0 app switcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
There's a fake 9.2 jailbreak going around too. Spreads trojans.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I don't know where to look, but what about a 9.1 jailbreak :shobon:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

eightysixed posted:

I don't know where to look, but what about a 9.1 jailbreak :shobon:

Nothing. 9.0.2 is the last iOS with a jail break. If some team in China is to release a new jailbreak it'll be for 9.2 since 9.1 stopped signing.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's a fake 9.2 jailbreak going around too. Spreads trojans.

Oh yuck. Yeah this thread will totes explode when it comes out, so I guess don't be downloading things out of desperation quite yet.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006
If anybody is looking for a nice 6 Plus on 9.0.2, I have one over in the 'mart...

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Can I un-jailbreak an iPad running on 8.3 without updating/restoring to the latest iOS?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Can I un-jailbreak an iPad running on 8.3 without updating/restoring to the latest iOS?

Search "Cydia Impactor" on the main repo. Do a back up of your device through iTunes, then run Cydia Impactor. It'll completely wipe your jailbreak, and then reinstall your current iOS version. After it's complete, restore your back up to your device and it'll be exactly how you had it earlier, just minus the jailbreak.

I've used it on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3 and it went flawless without hiccups. I know it had issues with 8.4 and 8.4.1 and it's not compatible with iOS 9. Saurik has been a little busy to update it. Also, there may or may not have been issues with running it on iPads in the past. Do a little research before you use it!

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

ibntumart posted:

Anecdotal, but I just ran it on a 3rd gen running 8.4 to set up as new and had no problems.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah this thread will totes explode when it comes out, so I guess don't be downloading things out of desperation quite yet.

So I'm assuming nothing is out yet then?

I don't know where to look anymore to stay up-to-date :saddowns:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 18, 2016

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

eightysixed posted:

r/jailbreak

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

eightysixed posted:

We could just prank everyone by continuing to post in this thread though.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
stahp

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Blimpkin posted:

We could just prank everyone by continuing to post in this thread though.

Well played

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

edit: nm figure it out

Mode 7 Samurai fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 19, 2016

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

This.

Fake edit; oh god I'm contributing to the problem

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

If you want to see anger check out r/jailbreak

People there have been really on edge for the past couple months

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

cracks me up how entitled some people get

Like you've been jailbreaking the last 8 years how much did that cost you?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

cracks me up how entitled some people get

Like you've been jailbreaking the last 8 years how much did that cost you?

Depends on how many tweaks/apps you've bought through Cydia.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You really think those same people are paying for apps at all lmao

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You really think those same people are paying for apps at all lmao

Jailbreaking =/= Piracy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm talking about the dudes sitting around being entitled you dweeb

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Jailbreaking =/= Piracy

Piracy is the best part about it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My mother in law has a friend in Cuba who's asking her to buy an iPhone 6 for him, but it needs to be jailbreakable because that's the only way they can put apps on them in Cuba.

Does an iPhone require an update during initialization? She has someone who is pretty sure the phone is on an old enough version, but it's in the reset state because she did a factory wipe to prepare to sell it. Will they be able to test it by going through the setup process or is it going to pull the update during?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Does an iPhone require an update during initialization? She has someone who is pretty sure the phone is on an old enough version, but it's in the reset state because she did a factory wipe to prepare to sell it. Will they be able to test it by going through the setup process or is it going to pull the update during?

The iphone won't require an update during the setup phase. It's just a matter of setting your country, name the device, etc.

How long ago did she do the reset? If she knows the rough date, we can tell you if the phone is jailbreakable or not. It would take you 2 minutes to take a look at the current IOS version yourself if you visited the seller and started the phone, quickly skipping the initializing questions and checking the settings menu.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 7, 2016

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Apparently Pangu released a jailbreak utility for 9.1 64 bit devices. I've not tested this as I'm on 9.2.1, but it supposedly works.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
This is real folks. Too bad it's only for 9.1.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
gently caress yes, all my suffering clicking through this nag every drat day has finally paid off!!!!

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Just to be clear, this is saying for those people who stayed on 9.1 that they can jailbreak, right?

I'm on 9.0.2 and I want to use applecare to get a new phone because of a hardware issue. Most likely it would come with 9.1.2 and not be jailbreakable, right?

You can't downgrade to this 9.1 anymore.......so.......why did they release this?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Captain Apollo posted:

Just to be clear, this is saying for those people who stayed on 9.1 that they can jailbreak, right?

I'm on 9.0.2 and I want to use applecare to get a new phone because of a hardware issue. Most likely it would come with 9.1.2 and not be jailbreakable, right?

You can't downgrade to this 9.1 anymore.......so.......why did they release this?

If you get a new phone it will likely come with 9.2.1 and not be jailbreakable.

A lot of people did go to 9.1 and stayed with it, because it was suggested 9.1 was more likely to be jailbroken than 9.2. That turned out to be correct, and the likelihood is that 9.2 will not be jailbroken at all, with less than 2 weeks till 9.3 drops.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Funso Banjo posted:

If you get a new phone it will likely come with 9.2.1 and not be jailbreakable.

A lot of people did go to 9.1 and stayed with it, because it was suggested 9.1 was more likely to be jailbroken than 9.2. That turned out to be correct, and the likelihood is that 9.2 will not be jailbroken at all, with less than 2 weeks till 9.3 drops.

Praying for a 9.2

Everyone was saying the likelihood of a 9.1 jailbreak was slim so I can still hope.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I feel like I'm not missing out on a whole lot by being on 9.2 currently. 9.1 was quite buggy for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

swipeselect, flux, and tage is worth not having the new emojis

Hope one comes out soon tho!

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Still on 8.4 on my 6+. I'll be sticking with it until a Jaikbreaknis released for a singable version.

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

At this point I couldn't imagine using my phone without flux.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You can get the new emojis on iOS 9.0.x (and even 8.x I think), with Emoji9 and installing a 9.1 Emoji backup, check this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3xz49e/release_emoji9_working_ios_91_system_wide/

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

GoodCleanFun posted:

Well good news for you, Flux is included in stock 9.3. It's called Night Shift or whatever now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

GoodCleanFun posted:

I'd rather upgrade to 9.3 for official flux-like capability, then keep waiting to JB that.

• Locked thread