Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Maoist Pussy just wants to retain the masculine mystique

Nah, it's just wilful abstruseness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

I am signalling to you that your discussion of 'masculinity' is as meaningful as a toad's discussion of meteorology.

There is no meaningful discussion to be had about masculinity because the concept of masculinity isn't meaningful. HTH

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pffft, you believe in the secular lie of biology? Did you know that Darwin invented racism?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He didn't invent it. He only perfected it.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Understanding the psychology of Maoist Pussy

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
As a Marxist, I would argue that human nature is the result of the material conditions of their existence and, why no I don't think a person's literal body counts as material conditions why do you ask

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
If gender was a simple result of biology, then it wouldn't be necessary to tell anyone to 'be a man' - they'd just be. The fact that that's not the case, that it has to be imposed, disproves your assertion.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Being a woman means 1: You can have a hysterectomy and 2. That you should be paid less. These two are both equally uncontroversial.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

rudatron posted:

If gender was a simple result of biology, then it wouldn't be necessary to tell anyone to 'be a man' - they'd just be. The fact that that's not the case, that it has to be imposed, disproves your assertion.

This does not mean anything. All adult males are men. Some of them are just poo poo at it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

This does not mean anything. All adult males are men. Some of them are just poo poo at it.

Presumably this includes you, who cannot even define what it even is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well, yes, body-mass to penis-mass ratio is what's important.

E: if you cut your dick off you create a woman and a superman.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Sure thing, WarHams guy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Inarticulacy is masculinity. What now? :smug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

Sure thing, WarHams guy.

/

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Maoist Pussy posted:

I understand debate and discussion is difficult for you, but you need to apply your brain here. If it were just 'biology', then there's no reasonable expectation for those that are 'poo poo at it', to ever not be 'poo poo at it' and, conversely, those who are not 'poo poo at it', to ever be 'poo poo at it', regardless of environment. Ergo, by your own logic, space sweden would have just as many men as today.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 12, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

rudatron posted:

I understand debate and discussion is difficult for you, but you need to apply your brain here. If it were just 'biology', then there's no reasonable expectation for those that are 'poo poo at it', to ever not be 'poo poo at it' and, conversely, those who are not 'poo poo at it', to not be 'poo poo at it', regardless of environment. Ergo, by your own logic, space sweden would have just as many men as today.

Please stop serious posting at yawning Rei.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When I was very little, I used to have a pink schoolbag, because pink is a cool color right? It's the color of light sabers and dinosaur tongues. Since I lacked a double-X chromosome set, people would of course pick on me. "Why are you wearing girl stuff?" I replied: as I am a boy, and as I am wearing it, it is obviously boy stuff. It was quite a shock to me when I later learned that more or less simultaneously, Judith Butler had made a similar argument, and, even later, when I was proved wrong by modern evolutionary psychology. Nowadays, I exclusively wear navy blue because biology. Even on my nails!

vvvv thank God I can rely on you! vvvv

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 12, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

When I was very little, I used to have a pink schoolbag, because pink is a cool color right? It's the color of light sabers and dinosaur tongues. Since I also had a double-X chromosome set, people would of course pick on me. "Why are you wearing girl stuff?" I replied: as I am a boy, and as I am wearing it, it is obviously boy stuff. It was quite a shock to me when I later learned that more or less simultaneously, Judith Butler had made a similar argument, and, even later, when I was proved wrong by modern evolutionary psychology. Nowadays, I exclusively wear navy blue because biology. Even on my nails!

Born double-X, so... Kids made fun of you for being biological a girl and wearing girly stuff? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Why do you bother to engage people who feel no desire to do the same?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Why do you bother to engage people who feel no desire to do the same?

Because mail-order brides are most DE folks' only options.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a dog chasing cars.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

I'm a dog chasing cars.

Yet another example of dehumanization in the Dork Enlightenment thread. SMH

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It helps me forget how alone I am.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
When I was in high school, I used to gag on cocks all the time after school, because weiners are cool, right? They are the shape of light sabers and dinosaur tongues. Since I lacked a double-X chromosome set, people would of course pick on me. "Why are you doing gay stuff?" I replied: as I am a straight, and as I am doing it, it is obviously straight stuff. It was quite a shock to me when I later learned that more or less simultaneously, Judith Butler had made a similar argument, and, even later, when I was proved wrong by modern evolutionary psychology. Nowadays, I exclusively mouthify vaginas because biology. Even the one I hade surgically implanted!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

When I was in high school, I used to gag on cocks all the time after school, because weiners are cool, right? They are the shape of light sabers and dinosaur tongues. Since I lacked a double-X chromosome set, people would of course pick on me. "Why are you doing gay stuff?" I replied: as I am a straight, and as I am doing it, it is obviously straight stuff. It was quite a shock to me when I later learned that more or less simultaneously, Judith Butler had made a similar argument, and, even later, when I was proved wrong by modern evolutionary psychology. Nowadays, I exclusively mouthify vaginas because biology. Even the one I hade surgically implanted!

Sexuality is non-binary and the way society treats it is entirely arbitrary, just like gender. :agreed:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Sexuality is non-binary and the way society treats it is entirely arbitrary, just like gender. :agreed:

No doubt your understanding of other people's sexuality is as well-founded as your understanding of other people's sense of masculinity.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

No doubt your understanding of other people's sexuality is as well-founded as your understanding of other people's sense of masculinity.

In that they both vastly surpass yours? Oh, absolutely.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
If you believe that everyone is bisexual, then it becomes quite apparent that your understanding starts and ends with yourself.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Maoist Pussy posted:

I don't want to gently caress a robot. Robots can't cry.
Get out anime avatar

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That'd be a real problem if I believed that, yes.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

rudatron posted:

'Be a man' is an exhortation to aspire to the positive traits of masculinity in ones community and culture, you cant be this spergy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

'Be a man' is an exhortation to aspire to the positive traits of masculinity in ones community and culture, you cant be this spergy.

Which are extremely variable and as such the exhortation is meaningless to the point of being tautological, but it attempts to validate itself by appealing to a nonexistant consensus view of masculinity.

Saying it is basically saying "do this stuff I think you should do because everyone else is doing it" without being willing to define what the stuff is and without being able to prove that everyone else is doing it.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I think rudatron was not so much misunderstanding that part of society, as disagreeing with it. So maybe it's you who is in fact the sperg?!?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What, exactly, are these traits and why do they specifically require a Y chromosome to display?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Race Realists posted:

hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/pinchicagoo

this HAS to be a troll account

maybe. its standarnd /pol/ stuff though. though if its designed to troll or "redpill" isnt important since is probably supposed to do both.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Did you read the post I was responding to, IWC? It's the one directly above that quote you have of me.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Does IWC ever really read posts or just reply to whatever utter fantasy he's conjured up in his meth-fuelled trip?

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

OwlFancier posted:

Which are extremely variable and as such the exhortation is meaningless to the point of being tautological, but it attempts to validate itself by appealing to a nonexistant consensus view of masculinity.

Saying it is basically saying "do this stuff I think you should do because everyone else is doing it" without being willing to define what the stuff is and without being able to prove that everyone else is doing it.

Millions of decidedly average people seem to be able to make sense of it a way that is relevant to them. I'm not sure that your technical and linguistic deconstruction really captures the "vibe" of this common phrase.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Millions of decidedly average people seem to be able to make sense of it a way that is relevant to them. I'm not sure that your technical and linguistic deconstruction really captures the "vibe" of this common phrase.

Yes, individually, each trusting a tenuous link to the non-existent consensus idea that will last as long as it isn't examined too closely.

To compare, see political movements comprised of rather loose groups of people, the moment they lose whatever Other existed to define them they immediately dissolve into people arguing with each other because none of them actually agreed to begin with, they just definitely disagreed with the other.

Masculinity is defined entirely by its opposition to some nebulous idea of femininity, the emphasis is not on being a man, rather instead it's not being effeminate. Femininity provides the thing to be afraid of in people who derive their identity and sense of social unity from masculinity and it's what creates any semblance of group cohesion among said people. Very visible among people like the dark enlightenment idiots who are super quick to argue with each other but so long as they have feminism :argh: to argue about they will keep more coherent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, individually, each trusting a tenuous link to the non-existent consensus idea that will last as long as it isn't examined too closely.

To compare, see political movements comprised of rather loose groups of people, the moment they lose whatever Other existed to define them they immediately dissolve into people arguing with each other because none of them actually agreed to begin with, they just definitely disagreed with the other.

Ahh sorry I misunderstood, I agree.

quote:

Very visible among people like the dark enlightenment idiots who are super quick to argue with each other but so long as they have feminism :argh: to argue about they will keep more coherent.

True but that's just a fact of political life I suppose; something similar is happening in progressive movements whose potentially fractious divisions along cultural or ideological lines are papered over in opposition to the ill-gotten privilege of being male, white and straight.

• Locked thread