Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I have trouble, I'll either use the one that lets me break enemy guards easier or the one that makes it so my items are always powered up, depending on whatever character I'm stuck as. For that one, I used the guard breaker since it let me uhh break the enemies' guard more easily so I could keep on the offensive, tho if you think it'd be easier to just spam light arrows or powered up bombs then try out the item one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Are potions crafted in the apothecary single use? or is it a case of craft one and you can use it whenever?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Single use for the next battle you get into. If you lose that battle and retry it from the game over menu thing, the potion stays in effect. I don't know if it stays or goes away if you lose the battle and go back to the menu or if you manually go back to the menu. You can only have 1 potion active at any time tho, and that doesn't include your healing potions from the apothecary.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Eugh, some of these are expensive in terms of material costs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah, particularly the item one has to be because it's a free pass through most levels.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:woop:

And that's that, only the demon king to take down now and I'll have "finished" the adventure map.

The first one.

I'll have like 4 others to go after this. aheh.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
NoE put up an overview of the DLC content and pricing for Legends: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content

-Four packs: Wind Waker Master Quest, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds
-All four add new fairy costumes and an adventure map
-LA pack adds a new character and a weapon for Linkle
-PH/ST pack adds a new character and a weapon for Toon Link
-ALBW pack adds 2 new characters
-Buying the season pass also gives you a Wind Waker skin for Ganondorf

-The new characters and weapons will also be available for purchase as DLC in the original Wii U version
-The DLC packs come in 3 flavors: 3DS only, Wii U only and 3DS+Wii U
-The season pass costs £13.49 / €14,99 (3DS), £8.99 / €9,99 (Wii U) or £15.29 / €16,99 (3DS+Wii U)
-A DLC pack unlocking the new characters from Legends (Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes and Ganondorf’s trident weapon) in the Wii U version will be available for purchase this summer for £10.79 / €11.99

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah more stuff the for the WiiU version thank god

Oh.... Oh no

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
No Oracles pack? Disappointing...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wonder what exactly of the Legends content the WiiU version will get - like will we be getting the new adventure map and the stages from Legends with the season pass?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Aurora posted:

I wonder what exactly of the Legends content the WiiU version will get - like will we be getting the new adventure map and the stages from Legends with the season pass?

I think it's just characters and weapons

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's my guess at the new characters:

PH/ST - Linebeck
LBW - Yuga & Ravio
LA - Wart, or maybe Will Wright

Aurora posted:

Characters/weapons but not the new maps or fairy stuff, I guess.

Legends' maps/stages aren't 1:1 with the Wii game and many are designed around the character-switching gimmick so it makes sense that they wouldn't work across both versions.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Richard. He will come like the second plague, with his swarm of frogs. :getin:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

There's only one clear choice for Link's Awakening.

Somewhere, a phone rings..."Yeees! It's the Bucket Mouse! Thanks for calling!"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Where the gently caress is Groose

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't wait for beloved Link's Awakening character, Groose.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Groose riding the Windfish with the Groosenator strapped to it

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Can you buy dlc packs individually? I may go for links awakening alone.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ineffiable posted:

Can you buy dlc packs individually? I may go for links awakening alone.

You can.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Where the gently caress is Malon

I demand a cow based character.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't wait for Linebeck. I can't imagine it being anyone else really for those two games and he was pretty much the only good thing to come from em.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't wait for Linebeck. I can't imagine it being anyone else really for those two games and he was pretty much the only good thing to come from em.

Its gonna be that rear end in a top hat with the claws from Spirit Tracks and Groose and Linebeck will never be in the game :negative: :negative: :smith: :smithicide:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can't wait for the Groose fairy costume.....

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's my guess at the new characters:

PH/ST - Linebeck
LBW - Yuga & Ravio
LA - Wart, or maybe Will Wright

LBW: Ravio & Bee King
LA: Bow Wow / Shopkeeper

E: I'm so mad they're not giving parity to the WiiU version in terms of levels and also adventure maps. I don't want to loving max them to 100+ and I would also like to experience these new maps on the console as well.

Don't loving try to get me to buy the drat game again!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

LBW: Ravio & Bee King
LA: Bow Wow / Shopkeeper

E: I'm so mad they're not giving parity to the WiiU version in terms of levels and also adventure maps. I don't want to loving max them to 100+ and I would also like to experience these new maps on the console as well.

Don't loving try to get me to buy the drat game again!

The stages are completely redone to work with the smaller screen, lower specs, and character switching though; right? They couldn't just put Legends stages straight into the console version

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Goddamnit Nintendo/Koei, assuming NoA does the same thing, they're gonna get at least 20 out of me for that new Wii U DLC. I doubt we'll get anything 'story' wise from the DLC for the Wii U version, but I need Ganny's Trident.

Also, I half suspect we'll get Hilda and Ravio for the LBW cast.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Phantom Zelda?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LA: New character, either Marin, Richard, Syrup, or hopefully, the Owl. The weapon for Linkle will be either Roc's Feather, the Pegasus Boots, the Wind Fish instruments, or they say gently caress it and give her the Oracle games' Animal Flute :pray:

PH/ST: Chancellor Cole, Byrne, Alfonzo, literally anyone but Linebeck because they hate me. The Toon Link weapon will be the Whip, or maybe the Phantom Hourglass itself for some time freezing action or something nuts like that.

LBW: Ravio, and hopefully Irene but probably Yuga. Mother Maiamai for the comedy option.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Doc V posted:

NoE put up an overview of the DLC content and pricing for Legends: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content

-Four packs: Wind Waker Master Quest, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds
-All four add new fairy costumes and an adventure map
-LA pack adds a new character and a weapon for Linkle
-PH/ST pack adds a new character and a weapon for Toon Link
-ALBW pack adds 2 new characters
-Buying the season pass also gives you a Wind Waker skin for Ganondorf

gently caress yeah!!

A shame that only 1 new character will show up for the PH/ST pack, cause that means no matter what either Byrne or Linebeck won't get in :(

I wanna believe so hard that the new weapon will be the spirit train though.

No idea what the others would add in tho, I never played Link's Awakening or ALBW.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Junpei Hyde posted:

Phantom Zelda?

Phantom Zelda was only in Spirit Tracks

If it's someone pulled from both games it's going to be Linebeck, which is fine by me as Linebeck owns.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's

Marin's 8-bit sprite blown up in scale and is just a pixel mess
Linebeck
Ravio and Hilda

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Aurora posted:

The new characters and weapons from Legends. The original Wind Waker Adventure Map, as well as the Master Wind Waker Map stays Legends only, as does the new story content and the new stages, stage variations, and bosses.

My guess is that the Master Wind Waker Map involves content found in Legends (like missions built around the character switching mechanic and the Giant Bosses added in Legends), and that's why it's only downloadable for that version.

EDIT: Hahahah, looking at that again, it seems to imply that Wii U will only get the new weapons and characters, while Legends get the Adventure Maps as well. Looks like all the Adventure Maps will make good use of the content and gameplay mechanics introduced in Legends.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 18, 2016

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

mabels big day posted:

The weapon for Linkle will be either Roc's Feather, the Pegasus Boots, the Wind Fish instruments, or they say gently caress it and give her the Oracle games' Animal Flute :pray:

Triple Crossbows, where she puts one in her teeth.

I'm okay with not getting more maps on the Wii U. I still wasn't done with the old ones anyway, and I've been feeling the urge to play again, so getting some new characters might get me to finish the job. If nothing else, it'd be fun to run through story mode with Linkle as the "young trainee".

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bummer that Seasons/Ages won't get any play, particularly with Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks getting a DLC - but I guess thats more in line with all the other Wind Waker additions. There's a bunch of stuff from the Oracle games I'd like to see get adapted, like the Seasons rod and magnet gloves.

Also glad they spelled out how the stuff will work for the Wii U version & have an option to just buy the Legends exclusive stuff as a DLC.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Carrasco posted:

Triple Crossbows, where she puts one in her teeth.

Linkle goes full Bayonetta with four crossbows.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Koei never forgets a moveset.

Give her the DW8 Empires Sabatons. We've seen she has kicks from the crossbows already. May as well go the whole hog, I say.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

jivjov posted:

The stages are completely redone to work with the smaller screen, lower specs, and character switching though; right? They couldn't just put Legends stages straight into the console version

Yep. It's really too bad they can't just somehow add character swapping into the Wii U version. It would solve every single problem if there were only some way to, say, patch that ability in, maybe even as just part of the DLC. Oh well, guess the only way this was possible was by having a 3DS port that you have to pay $40 for before you could spend even more money to buy the season pass that has most of the exclusive new content in it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Yep. It's really too bad they can't just somehow add character swapping into the Wii U version. It would solve every single problem if there were only some way to, say, patch that ability in, maybe even as just part of the DLC. Oh well, guess the only way this was possible was by having a 3DS port that you have to pay $40 for before you could spend even more money to buy the season pass that has most of the exclusive new content in it.

Am I missing something or did you miss the fact you can buy all the 3DS exclusive characters and weapons for the Wii U as DLC without buying the 3DS version? The stuff that comes exclusive to the launch version of 3DS is it's own DLC bundle for Wii U, with the Legends season pass having a separate pricing for the Wii U to make up for the fact it doesn't have the maps.

Sucks that there's no character swapping or maps, but I guess they want something to set the versions apart / entice people into buying the 3DS version?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Honestly I don't have a 3DS ever since I left mine on a plane a year and a half ago and I have little interest in playing the same old maps with the same old balance issues on the Wii U.

It's definitely a bummer but it's not unexpected.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Oxyclean posted:

Am I missing something or did you miss the fact you can buy all the 3DS exclusive characters and weapons for the Wii U as DLC without buying the 3DS version? The stuff that comes exclusive to the launch version of 3DS is it's own DLC bundle for Wii U, with the Legends season pass having a separate pricing for the Wii U to make up for the fact it doesn't have the maps.

Sucks that there's no character swapping or maps, but I guess they want something to set the versions apart / entice people into buying the 3DS version?

My guess is that the character swapping in Legends was made reality by the fact that 1. The 3DS has 2 screens. 2. it's portable. 3. If it was added to Wii U, the resolution on that version would take a hit. The 3DS version on the other hand could have this implemented and still have it work well (especially if it was on the N3DS).

Any new content for the Wii U version coming from Legends was probably doomed anyways once the Wii U DLC characters and the Legends newcomers were confirmed to have exclusive missions (and thus would have to earn weapons and heart containers) and that the newcomers would have their own unique materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Oxyclean posted:

You would think that portability and also having an ability to sync saves between handheld and console would be a big selling point for the game except all they did was one of those.

• Locked thread