Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Give it to me straight guys should I put these sardines in this ramen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
gently caress yeah do it. you will degrade neither the ramen nor the dines by doing so. unless they're pretty nice dines in which case maybe eat them beside, but not in, the ramen. then again, you might have some pretty nice ramen in which case, yeah, dump your nice dines into your nice ramen you white privilege yuppie scum

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Thank you. All dreams have come true.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
the canned mackerel/kim chee/lemon juice soup is also a real nice way to go

it's, like, 1 jar kim chee chopped, 2 cans mackerel, water, one packet dashi, one bottle lemon juice heated up and eaten. it's super loving fishy, but it's totally revitalizing and tasty. no rameny carbs though.

and if you're making a joke about sardines being poor food, gently caress you in advance

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
there used to be a sardine and spinach soup recipe that frequented the rounds on the old sardine thread, maybe someone will repost it here

it was the fishmans egg of the old thread

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Thanks to this thread we've been doing some sardine stuff lately. Using Minerva brand (boneless+skinless), we made a nice mix with some greek yogurt, lemon juice and black pepper that made for a killer sandwich spread. Also made fisherman's eggs. Going to try bones next.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
good food, I'm sure, but gently caress your plating. grey table cloth, grey stripes on plate. GREY IS NOT AN APPETIZING COLOR DOG. no one wants to eat grey foods except robots.

also restaurant, loving fresh dines. fry those fuckers. you, we, are not a dad finnin' for an easy snack at 11pm. you have a full loving kitchen and staff. no need for canned dines except for your salads

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I just had boquerones for the first time, they were really nice. Packed in olive oil and salt, they were very mild and slightly lemony. It'd be easy to eat the whole pack at once.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

When I put sardines in soup I sometimes try to take out the bones. :ohdear:

I feel like I'm a failure every time and the bones don't bother me when I'm eating them on a cracker or a sandwich or in fisherman's eggs usually but when it's in soup the vertebra separate out and it's just a little piece of grit mixed in there and kind of bleah. I'm sorry, thread.

Sizone posted:

there used to be a sardine and spinach soup recipe that frequented the rounds on the old sardine thread, maybe someone will repost it here

http://asianinamericamag.com/2012/11/sardines-spinach-and-tomatoes-soup-sabo-tacsyapu-na/

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I opened up a bag of discounted mixed salad greens then dumped a bunch of ranch on it and then tossed it with hot sauce and a tin of sardines.

Living the paleo gluten free lifestyle over here.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sizone posted:

good food, I'm sure, but gently caress your plating. grey table cloth, grey stripes on plate. GREY IS NOT AN APPETIZING COLOR DOG. no one wants to eat grey foods except robots.

also restaurant, loving fresh dines. fry those fuckers. you, we, are not a dad finnin' for an easy snack at 11pm. you have a full loving kitchen and staff. no need for canned dines except for your salads

catering goon spotted

naem
May 29, 2011

Dump some ko's into spicy ramen and then when you've eaten all the noodles and fish, you drink the spicy broth full of teeny little spines and fins

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*mows three fillets of picked hearing*

*pounds 3 oz of aquavit*

"heck fish gotta swim!"

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Something about downing a tin of Sardines that makes me want to conquer Northumbria and sack their churches.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Epic High Five posted:

catering goon spotted

wrong. goon with eyes.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I bought some phò broth cubes at the market. Think I'll cook up a soup and toss some greens and 'dines in it with some soba noodles. Any variations to recommend?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
eat it off the back of a naked woman. but throw a towel on her first so she doesn't get burned

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

since sleeps-with-goats is on probation I'm taking over this thread.

turn your loving ovens down to 375

Sorry pal for now Droogie is thread lieutenant and in charge around here when I'm on probation for posting 15 year old FYAD memes.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Oh poo poo.
When sardine-goats is on probation, all fishyman eggs are to cooked at 501° and I don't want to hear any belly-aching.

Also eat the bones. At all times.

E: Had those lemon Bellas. Big fish. Big bones. Don't matter.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I havent had sardines in like 2 weeks. Fuckin mackarel is so easy and good and filling I can't stop

it's my breakfast staple now. mackarel in tomato paste on toast... almost too easy and good

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
before the wife made a trip to costco, during the long hard months when I was seasonless, I too dipped into the mackerel trough pretty hard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Overwined posted:

Something about downing a tin of Sardines that makes me want to conquer Northumbria and sack their churches.

The Vikings were basically a horde of rampaging dads.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm real pissed that it's warm enough to grill now but none of the poo poo gently caress rear end groceries around here carry whole mackerel fishes, wanna put on a headband with the bursting sun on it and piss on the Korean and Chinese flags while making kabuki noises and starting up some coals while I look at fishes and imagine that they appear to be resigned to their fish fate

If I run out of hands to do this my waifu can direct the piss stream with a dainty grasp

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
fish yourself some canal trout

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There's a lake near here where there's no limit on perch and you can make a grisly harvest

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I like to know a nice trout farm. I ain't got time for fishin'.

I like fishing, don't get me wrong. I just don't have a lot of time.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
my fishy intake for the day was a wendy's fish sandwich. it was way grosser than it should've been. cod is good, wendy's is kinda good, I dunno where and why it all went so wrong.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sheep-Goats posted:

There's a lake near here where there's no limit on perch and you can make a grisly harvest

do they allow dynamite?

grow some fennel on the shore

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Sizone posted:

my fishy intake for the day was a wendy's fish sandwich. it was way grosser than it should've been. cod is good, wendy's is kinda good, I dunno where and why it all went so wrong.

that is prob made from rehydrated tilapia powder or something :gonk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tilapia is good but the fact that it's so expensive despite the fact that it's a bottom feeding cichlid that you could grow in a glass of water that eats everything on Earth activates my latent "you're getting ripped off" Dad sense

Like seriously it's the midwest so I know some fish is going to be pricey but that fish like a freshwater rat

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm a kippers & toast man myself.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
There was a Dirty Jobs episode where Mike Roe went to a Salmon Farm. He helped empty a dirty run of the Salmon, then rather than clean the lovely water, they just dumped a bunch of Tilapia in there to eat up all the Salmon poo poo.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Overwined posted:

There was a Dirty Jobs episode where Mike Roe went to a Salmon Farm. He helped empty a dirty run of the Salmon, then rather than clean the lovely water, they just dumped a bunch of Tilapia in there to eat up all the Salmon poo poo.

EXACTLY so anybody wanting to try to charge me the same as cod for that can just gently caress right off

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

do they allow dynamite?

grow some fennel on the shore

No

Dynamite would hurt the salmons and you're not allowed to hurt the salmons like the perch do

Also the fukken sunfish by the dock will bite an unbaited hook buncha retards

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Epic High Five posted:

Tilapia is good but the fact that it's so expensive despite the fact that it's a bottom feeding cichlid that you could grow in a glass of water that eats everything on Earth activates my latent "you're getting ripped off" Dad sense

Like seriously it's the midwest so I know some fish is going to be pricey but that fish like a freshwater rat

I like swai

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like squid tentacles but IDK if that's dadly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

I like squid tentacles but IDK if that's dadly

Depends on how much anime plays into the context

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I'm not bothering to find the other dad thread cause this is the only dad thread in my heart.

I just got a charcoal grill today after having nothing but a lovely gas grill forever. Goddamn I love it already. I can get it seriously loving hot for once so my steaks come out nice and charred on the outside while rare-ish in the middle.

Had a perfect t-bone with brussel sprouts and herb-roasted taters tonight.

No dines with it, but I did buy a pack of KOs at the store I'll probably eat over the sink tonight while naked tonight cause my roommate is outta town.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Get a little bag of wood chips and soak them and toss them on the grill right before you cook on there brand new charcoal buddy. They sell em right there next to the charcoal.

I like apple wood usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Get a little bag of wood chips and soak them and toss them on the grill right before you cook on there brand new charcoal buddy. They sell em right there next to the charcoal.

I like apple wood usually

I have a whole pile of chips from the electric smoker I got for x-mas. Thanks for the good idea though.

What's some good dad ideas for the smoker btw? I've smoked salmon and ribs a bunch of times and if I could find whole 'dines I'd obviously do that.