Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I gotta tell you, this primary is just crazy. This is just nuts. Geez, oh man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
In my secret heart I fear a Cruz vs Hillary because no matter what a human piece of slime has entered the oval office.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Hey guys who would you rather vote for, corrupt violent businessman who race baits or corrupt machine politician?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Reposting for new page.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/708484150471356416

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

So the opposite effect will be had because people will see the GOP bashing their guy and rally behind him like they have all year long

Cruz simply does not know how the media works.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

HapiMerchant posted:

In my secret heart I fear a Cruz vs Hillary because no matter what a human piece of slime has entered the oval office.

This too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hahahahahaha

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zen death robot posted:

So the opposite effect will be had because people will see the GOP bashing their guy and rally behind him like they have all year long

Karl rove looks out from his mountain cave and let's out a mournful howl

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

FourLeaf posted:

Poor people will be hosed. Abortion access will effectively end for people in multiple states, as he'll pick 1+ new Justice(s), as you said, and there's an important abortion case before them right now.

Obamacare will end, I don't see Trump vetoing any repeal Congress manages to get through.

And a bunch of other things I can't think of off the top of my head

It's actually very difficult for even an originalist to overturn Roe due to public policy considerations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/RJHimself/status/708483781448114176

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's almost like the CPD didn't take "there's people in here who don't like me" as a credible security threat and the protesters were behaving themselves

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

OWNS

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Tercio posted:

I gotta tell you, this primary is just crazy. This is just nuts. Geez, oh man.

Ohio!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I am Joementum with the nothing matters gif

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

oh poo poo, a couple dozen kids with bernie signs, better run

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Man, just imagine what would happen if there was an anti-Trump open-carry protest.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
And to think it looked like we had a boring Jeb Bush coronation coming.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

A short-fingered coward

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Kaisch!

*karate chops seatbelt in buckle*

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

So this was just another Machiavellian move made by Trump and we all fell for it once again. The media narrative is all set -- protesters were out there 'to start trouble' and Trump had to make a tough split second decision to display his 'leadership capabilities.' 'He didn't want anyone to get hurt.'

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

And to think it looked like we had a boring Jeb Bush coronation coming.

i think the only thing ive predicted correctly this cycle is that jeb was never going anywhere

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Oiled and Ready posted:

It's actually very difficult for even an originalist to overturn Roe due to public policy considerations.

Yeah, but the problem is another pro-life justice would probably make it impossible to challenge state-level republicans' attempts to limit abortion accessibility.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rich Lowery of National Review on Kelly sounding depressed as gently caress over the phone saying that Donald Trump is going to win the nomination now because he's a martyr to free speech.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

i think you're severely underestimating how extreme certain pro-life people are, i'm sure trump could find one or two that are qualified for the SC

but feel free to explain further and allay my worst fears

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Montasque posted:

Rich Lowery of National Review on Kelly sounding depressed as gently caress over the phone saying that Donald Trump is going to win the nomination now because he's a martyr to free speech.

:owned:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/708472737992409090

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Trump would be a martyr if he stood for upright proper citizens, but his whole image is a bully who won't back down, who's tougher than those establishment losers.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The left has permanently changed U.S. politics tonight.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Immortan posted:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

This primary has doubled the amount of crazy from 2012. Imagine back when something 'crazy' used to be like Newt proposing a base on the moon. Remarkable.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

FourLeaf posted:

i think you're severely underestimating how extreme certain pro-life people are, i'm sure trump could find one or two that are qualified for the SC

but feel free to explain further and allay my worst fears

I really doubt abortion will be his primary concern, he's likely to nominate justices that will be willing to expand executive powers if anything

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Immortan posted:

lol that you think this boring nothing-burger is some kind of generation defining event

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Immortan posted:

- Goldwater supporters, 1968

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

keep your powder dry poo poo-poster Immortan.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Mystery Goomba posted:

So this was just another Machiavellian move made by Trump and we all fell for it once again. The media narrative is all set -- protesters were out there 'to start trouble' and Trump had to make a tough split second decision to display his 'leadership capabilities.' 'He didn't want anyone to get hurt.'

Protesters paid by trump to disrupt his rally.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
"Nobody wants to hurt anybody anymore, and they're being politically correct ... Our country has to toughen up. These people are bringing us down." -Trump, re: protesters, before the Chicago fight broke out. He went on to boo-hoo-hoo about the black guy who flipped him off (the one who the redneck cold-cocked).

What a gross, disgusting thug. And everyone who supports him is an idiot.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

babypolis posted:

lol that you think this boring nothing-burger is some kind of generation defining event

yeah it's amazing how overhyped this is. on the other hand I can't stop smiling

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I was personally paid by Trump to disagree with him, which helps him somehow. Genius.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i collect checks from both trump and soros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

We'll see you on the Fury Road all the way to November.

• Locked thread