Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ugh, blew 4 stones on Cell, got him to the last 1/4 of his last bar, and then he kept healing and I kept not getting the ki I needed to super. God that's frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:sigh: i'm so loving bad at this event

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Defeated Cell by abusing General Blue so it wasn't too hard. Only needed one senzu and two fruits of might.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 12, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Jaco's passive never loving goes off, so I guess I'll swap him out for Gen Blue and hope that ki support is enough.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I might just shove Launch in my lineup and say gently caress it so I get that +2 ki.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Huh, after a dozen runs of only getting a single PHY Broly, two dropped at once.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Huh, after a dozen runs of only getting a single PHY Broly, two dropped at once.

Yeah, it's possible to get more than one which is nice.

Also, it seems once you master scripted rerolling, it's like an addiction. Vegito+SSJ3 Goku vs TEQ Perfect Cell+SSJ3 Goku+AGL Super Vegeta. Anyone thinking about rerolling want one?

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 12, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hey Echo play this event and dokkan my cell for me

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Used my last 100 stones, my only SSR was BrolyEvent SSJ Goku, and the only new character that was SR (that I was keeping) was GT Pan.

I tried fighting regen Cell on my lunch hour, and when you don't go with any int guys (good team building) and take 94,000 damage, you usually tend to die. I also died once on the first level cell, but that was me only with 1 TEQ character, so that was my fault. I'm not even sure it's worth the 1 dragon stone to try and do this, since I don't think a Cell team would be better than a Super Sayian team to run.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 12, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Took four tries (one of which was only a failure because I forgot to use a sensu when I was on 1000 HP, ugh), but I finally beat Cell.

1 down, 9 to go.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cozz posted:

Used my last 100 stones, my only SSR was BrolyEvent SSJ Goku, and the only new character that was SR (that I was keeping) was GT Pan.

I tried fighting regen Cell on my lunch hour, and when you don't go with any int guys (good team building) and take 94,000 damage, you usually tend to die. I also died once on the first level cell, but that was me only with 1 TEQ character, so that was my fault. I'm not even sure it's worth the 1 dragon stone to try and do this, since I don't think a Cell team would be better than a Super Sayian team to run.

You know, you make an excellent point.. I have the old SSR Int Perfect Cell, but I don't even really use him.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The new TEQ Cell has a raison d'etre though. It's the best nuker in the game once SSGSS TEQ Goku comes out. Can literally oneshot anything.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My INT team needs the boost that LR INT Perfect Cell can add, otherwise I'd probably skip it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I use Int cell in my standard rainbow team, which is mostly Kamehaha based, which makes it worth Awakening for me, I think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He also gets a link with LR Broly. So that's fun. :getin:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The passive-stunners are bad. Bulma has a pretty bad chance, Chiaotzu only stuns the first turn he appears and never again.
You want two or three out of the on-hit/on-super stunners: Babidi, General Blue, Turles, TEQ Whis. All of those have a 50% chance to procc and stun for 2 rounds (besides Whis, who doesn't need a super though) and enough Ki to support them (probably Mecha Freeza leader + Turles friend)

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wuxi posted:

The passive-stunners are bad. Bulma has a pretty bad chance, Chiaotzu only stuns the first turn he appears and never again.
You want two or three out of the on-hit/on-super stunners: Babidi, General Blue, Turles, TEQ Whis. All of those have a 50% chance to procc and stun for 2 rounds (besides Whis, who doesn't need a super though) and enough Ki to support them (probably Mecha Freeza leader + Turles friend)

Just found this out the hard way.

FYI don't rely on stat reduction: I suspect they gave him Nail's ability of having some kind of floor for his attack level because I hit him with attack-reducing supers (mecha shiva, Whis) over and over and his attacks seemed to hit just as hard as always

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Had I realized I was going to get almost a full set of Videl Dokkan medals from Baba's Shop today, I'd have farmed more Bulma medals.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Wuxi posted:

My last try was with Mecha Frieza leader, Babidi, TEQ Whis, INT Perfect Cell, TEQ Final Form Frieza and STR SSJ Goku(for power) as well as a friend Turles....it still wasn't anywhere close to enough. Got through 2 healthbars before giving up because it was like a brick wall. Tried with the regeneration blocking link but just didn't have enough firepower at that point. Not really sure how you are supposed to beat this. It was going pretty well at first, but it seems to rely entirely on good luck with colors...I suppose it I had a few more INT SSRs?

Zeron fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 12, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Turtles, Cooler, Mecha Freeza, SSB Goku, Whis, and SSJ2 Gohan did it, with a Turtles friend.

SSJ2 Gohan unlinked does more damage (59k) than the others.

Cell is extreme so I'm guessing if you have a top-tier super that isn't AGI you should build a team around that.

Ignoring the skill and using Turtles is really the way to go

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Mecha Frieza, General Blue, Perfect Cell, Super Trunks, SSR SS Vegeta and STR Gohan plus Turles friend is what did it for me.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 12, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You should crop your top bar out of screenshots, especially if you're free to play. They've tightened up the account recovery process, but it's still an account security risk.

I'm running this (basically my INT team with Blue in place of INT SSJ Vegeta) and Cell's a cakewalk, up to 5 medals already. Maybe a Puar or a King to set up a super here and there. Occasional Senzu when the stuns don't sync up. I've run Turles and Dokkan Golden Frieza friends.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
:-/ I'm regretting feeding my Blue to Baba back during the tournament

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Echophonic posted:

You should crop your top bar out of screenshots, especially if you're free to play. They've tightened up the account recovery process, but it's still an account security risk.

Duuuuly noted.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not quite sure I'll be able to beat this Cell event. I don't have stunners besides the rare chance Bulma, I don't have Turles and my heaviest-hitting INT characters are the new UR 18 and the UR SSJ Trunks from the beginning of the game.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Got my third medal just now. All I need to do is get one medal a day now and i'll be set.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Got my third medal just now. All I need to do is get one medal a day now and i'll be set.

You're not going to get 23 so you can do the AGL Dokkan and both URs? :v:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Oh man. Cell is super easy when you get enough Ki spots in the lead up that General Blue automatically supers every turn.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can pull the same trick with SSR PHY SSJ Goku (Light of Hope), SR Babidi and R INT Bulma, too. They all have 50% shots at a 2 turn stun. Hell, Bulma might actually do more damage. Babidi does more damage than either. Blue has a passive that's helpful, too, 8% for a free stun isn't bad.

Relevant Reddit Link

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 12, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Last single for a while

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Not too shabby. Hopefully I can snag her to go with my SSR 17. She's definitely the better of the two.

So I tried out this new Friend Summon banner. It's awesome. I did a whole bunch and got something like 5 million zeni and a bunch of awakened fodder got Super Vegeta and SSR 17 up to 80. I still have just under 300k friend points too, so this is a pretty good source of zeni. Maybe even that new Hercule with Golden Z-Fighters.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I passed using Turtles, Babidi, General Blue, and Bulma as Stunners, Mecha Freeza and SSJ Adult Gohan as my gunners. If I get a Turtles friend, I drop Bulma for Perfect Cell. SSJ Adult Gohan+Perfect Cell Kamekameha links helps speed the fight. 4 strong stunners pretty much insures a safe fight without need to even heal.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I beat him up with a bunch of Super Saiyans. Turns out Broly doesn't give a poo poo about how much Cell regenerates :madmax:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I've got that 18 up as my leader LMK if you want me to switch back to turtles

I'm not being cheeky I exclusively phone post and I gave up correcting turtles

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

-Troika- posted:

I beat him up with a bunch of Super Saiyans. Turns out Broly doesn't give a poo poo about how much Cell regenerates :madmax:

Not like you can count on it, but if TEQ SSJ Goku's passive activates....

...he did over 169k to the AGI perfect cell

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't realize I had so many Awakening Medals so my team of a UR, an SSR and a bunch of SR's just got a serious upgrade.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I decided to a 4 single pulls, running out of dragon stones. Sadly, all 4 of them were SR duplicates (STR and AGL Dabura, STR Jeice and Piccolo Buu). I also noticed that there's a now a character list next to the scouter on the Summon, and that list is LONG.

I've had very little luck even getting to the second bar of Z-Hard Cell whether I use an INT Team (not even damage before death), Team Over In a Flash (with Broly friend, as he and SSJ3 goku were hitting supers and did the most damage until Cell attacked), Soul vs Soul (Die when any non-int takes a hit), or even seeing how a Kid Buu led Regeneration team fares (not very well). I think I have the characters to try a Stun Team, but I don't know if I want to take the effort to try and beat him.

Good luck to everyone trying to beat this. Hopefully Turles can help your efforts.

I really hope the Kid Buu event isn't this annoying.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't do it. I just can't do it. I can't field a team for Cell or Broly. I even tried to cheese Cell today with a Babidi super and after a half dozen times it wouldn't proc. I know I had the stunning R Bulma from Namek before everything launched but apparently I used her for training fodder. I just don't have the teams. I'm just going to farm the SR's from both until I max their supers and hope I'm ready next time around. The UR Broly I pulled is plenty strong on his own.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

And a great Broly-specific guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/171IAxeb3JNzGKjQDR82BYmYvlWBLEXDSWReaZ4kFdZk/edit

SSG Goku now has me two wins with Broly without a DS. This is the most challenging fun I've had with this game in awhile.

Just quoting this, since the advice in it seemed to help a lot during the first event.

Personally, I'm up to 7 Cell medals. Probably will finish dokkaning my INT one today, then start up on the AGL one, just for the heck of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I decided to switch Whis and Mecha Frieza for INT Android 16 and STR Android 18 to counter his regeneration since I got unlucky once and couldn't deal more damage than he was regenerating, wasting 3 stones for nothing. As long as I put both of them together in the first two spaces I'm guaranteed to have them every 2 turns. Babidi ended up being my savior with his high stun chance super and I'm glad I pulled him from those awful multipulls.

I'm at 5 medals at the moment, I normally need 1 stone per run but if I get lucky and Babidi gets enough ki from the powerups in the map to easily get his super in every turn (I always go with double +3 ki leaders) I usually don't need it. Running with 2xDende, 2xBean, 2xGhost and 2xEnma.

PS: I'll do my INT Perfect Cell first, but how many medals does the AGL Cell need to awaken?