Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Raruna posted:

Come on man, [bows] just got a 15% damage boost on their sustained damage with the new Hawk Eye. Surely they can't be that bad.

That helps, but it's still the case that on every class, you're better off ignoring your racial passives and going magicka if you want to play ranged. This is doubly true for nightblades, where magicka is amazing.

However, I don't want to lose the central point, which is this old chestnut:

tgidieday posted:

If anybody says they won't group with you on a gold key because you're a particular race/class/level combination, it's because they are terrible.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To be fair I'd have kicked a bow Nightblade too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

The thieves guild style armor is ridiculously good-looking, as is the new Abahs Landing guard style armor and Iron Wheel. If they keep this up its going to eventually be a problem where all the launch era motifs are going to need a serious facelift, which I'm not going to hold my breath over. But I got a full set of the thieves guild style from doing the quests (light armor) and it is a big difference how the pieces have a lot of like...weight, I suppose to them. While if you look at the old motifs it's got that really painted on the skin look.

Sorry but Imperial heavy and Dunmer medium are still the best looking armors in the game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'm holding out hope that since we're getting Morag Tong (chittin) armor in Dark Brotherhood that well get some proper like looking bonemold armor in Clockwork City DLC. When, though, is another story as it seems if the trend sticks post TG they will release one new motif with a DLC and then make available several motifs from the previous DLC (like ancient orc and then introducing trinimac/malacath). Sort of how like we are only getting the ability to craft outlaw armor (the old quake con 2014 thieves guild armor design) and not the actual current thieves guild style just yet.

I still think the shittiest armors in the game are the old rare motif styles like barbaric and primal. Goblin armor?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

tgidieday posted:

Does that turn off the red=interrupt, white=block glowy streaks as well? If so, you might want a combat cloud-style "interrupt now!" mod.

That's all still visible. Just seems to tone down effects going boom-flash and not really by much.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Is there a lag between PC and PS4 content? I don't see any of the stuff you guys are talking about.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

titties posted:

Is there a lag between PC and PS4 content? I don't see any of the stuff you guys are talking about.

Thieves' Guild launches on the Xbox March 22nd, and on the PS4 March 23rd.

There have already been two patches in the two days since the PC launch, so the delay is probably not such a bad thing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

To be fair I'd have kicked a bow Nightblade too.

Actually, I got kicked by a Nightbow.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Just started playing last night, and I went with a - you guessed it - bow Nightblade.

He's Argonian, and I fancied him as SEAL guy who would rise up from the nighttime waters to snipe and / or cut throats. Then I found out you can't go underwater in the Online version of Elder Scrolls.

I'm going to forge ahead with my (presumably) bad choices.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wizchine posted:

Just started playing last night, and I went with a - you guessed it - bow Nightblade.

He's Argonian, and I fancied him as SEAL guy who would rise up from the nighttime waters to snipe and / or cut throats. Then I found out you can't go underwater in the Online version of Elder Scrolls.

I'm going to forge ahead with my (presumably) bad choices.

Don't feel too bad, I'm a 2h nightblade with no stealth.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I should post my build so people here can laugh at me.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

titties posted:

Don't feel too bad, I'm a 2h nightblade with no stealth.

Technically, my guy actually has no bow skills yet, so who knows what the hell he's going to look like months from now. I just envisioned him as one because in the two Elder Scroll games I've played I always end up in a permanent crouch with a bow at the ready because I'm a giant, sniping wuss apparently.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wizchine posted:

in the two Elder Scroll games I've played I always end up in a permanent crouch with a bow at the ready because I'm a giant, sniping wuss apparently.

Same, but I thought the idea of doing teleport strikes and sweet assassin moves with a giant anime sword would be cool. I was disappointed to find out that those skills don't use your weapon, they use some kind of stupid magic dagger. Game's bad imo.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Oh great, a healer who's spending more time attacking than healing...

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Alright, here's my build. Not sure what all details to include and whatnot, so bear with me.

CLASS: Nightblade (Stamina)
RACE: Nord
LEVEL: V16

MAGICKA: 2
HEALTH: 14
STAMINA: 48

MUNDUS STONE: The Warrior

FRONT BAR: Retreating Maneuver III, Camouflaged Hunter IV, Rally IV, Ambush IV, Wrecking Blow IV, Flawless Dawnbreaker IV (Ultimate)
BACK BAR: Steel Tornado IV, Camouflaged Hunter IV, Deadly Cloak IV, Ambush IV, Rapid Strikes IV, Flawless Dawnbreaker IV (Ultimate)

--GEAR--

MAIN HAND: Greatsword of Hunding's Rage (V16, Gold, Weapon Damage Enchantment, Infused)
MAIN HAND BACKUP: Sword of Hunding's Rage (V16, Gold, Extra Damage to Undead and Daedra Enchantment, Infused)
OFF-HAND BACKUP: Sword of Hunding's Rage (V16, Gold, Extra Damage to Undead and Daedra Enchantment, Infused)
HEAD: Briarheart Helmet (V16, Purple, Max Stamina Enchantment, Well-Fitted)
CHEST: Jack of Hunding's Rage (V16, Gold, Max Stamina Enchantment, Infused)
SHOULDERS: Molag Kena's Arm Crops (V16, Gold, Max Stamina Enchantment, Divines)
WAIST: Belt of Hunding's Rage (V15, Purple, Max Stamina Enchantment, Infused)
HANDS: Briarheart Bracers (V16, Gold, Max Stamina Enchantment, Infused)
LEGS: Guards of Hunding's Rage (V15, Purple, Max Stamina Enchantment, Infused)
FEET: Briarheart Boots (V15, Purple, Max Stamina Enchantment, Divines)
NECK: Reaper's Choke (V14, Blue, Robust, Stamina Recovery Enchantment)
RING 1: Briarheart Band (V11, Blue, Healthy, Stamina Recovery Enchantment)
RING 2: Briarheart Band (V14, Blue, Robust, Stamina Recovery Enchantment)

--CHAMPION--
92 in Medium Armor Focus, 91 in Mooncalf, and 91 in Mighty.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm assuming this is a PvP build, correct?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

I'm assuming this is a PvP build, correct?

PvE. I think, anyway. The most focus I've put into that aspect so far has been the undead/daedra damage stuff so I could solo IC and the sewers. At least for the smaller mobs. I can't solo portals or anything. Wouldn't mind focusing more on PvP, although I'm trying to get into dungeons, too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dunmer armor best armor :smug:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

There's a weird lag time between the log in and character select screen. Like sometimes it takes five minutes or just straight times out.

Redid my skills and I know it's just gonna get more expensive but holy gently caress was 1500g a smack in the mouth. I hit level 20 and decided that the points in a few things could be suited better elsewhere. Also some heal because gently caress dying. Also changed up and got the weird dinosaur thing as my pet instead of the imp.

I also was very shocked thanks to dungeon finder (2 minute estimated wait time. Reality = 1 hour) when I was thrown into a dungeon with a V7 leading the whole thing. So I did just about nothin the whole dungeon and got some bad rear end stuff from it. :getin: I'm diggin this whole caster thing, I was always melee in other MMOs.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So when you are crafting armor are you making all of one weight/ motifs seem kind of pointless if the sets don't match anyways...

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Got two more V16 pieces of Briarheart from one quest. Sadly, one of them was shoulders.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Baron Porkface posted:

So when you are crafting armor are you making all of one weight/ motifs seem kind of pointless if the sets don't match anyways...

Not sure what you mean here, but every armor type usually has at least a five piece bonus and by each piece you get a certain bonus to something reflective of that armor's role. With the undaunted passive you can a percentage increase if you are wearing all three armor types (ideally, five of one and one of the other two). I'm out of the loop at the moment so can't comment one way or the other definitively but some builds prefer a 5/1/1 to 7 of the same depending on your goals for the build.

If you mean the motifs themselves, yeah they're just decoration, you can not touch chasing motifs at all and its not a difference in any way.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Soulex posted:

There's a weird lag time between the log in and character select screen. Like sometimes it takes five minutes or just straight times out.

Redid my skills and I know it's just gonna get more expensive but holy gently caress was 1500g a smack in the mouth. I hit level 20 and decided that the points in a few things could be suited better elsewhere. Also some heal because gently caress dying. Also changed up and got the weird dinosaur thing as my pet instead of the imp.

I also was very shocked thanks to dungeon finder (2 minute estimated wait time. Reality = 1 hour) when I was thrown into a dungeon with a V7 leading the whole thing. So I did just about nothin the whole dungeon and got some bad rear end stuff from it. :getin: I'm diggin this whole caster thing, I was always melee in other MMOs.

If you find any Cyrodiil treasure maps while out adventuring, mail me @Scyantific with what you have, I'll pay you cash gold.

E: You know what's gonna suck now? Having to do Wrothgar dailies on 5 different toons just to farm Malacath and Trinimac motifs. That's 30 world boss quests and 5 delve quests, per day. :negative:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 10, 2016

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
All set!

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 25, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Just about made that dk heal build. Need a few xp to level into the gear. Running it now with Juliano's and Twilight. Hard to kill, but things die a bit more slowly solo. Made some Magnus and will run 5 Magnus and and 3 Juli on heal bar. Switched from Shadow Mundus to Ritual, though my Crit is pretty good and I am not sure it is better. Respecced cp into healing, out of the new Thaumaturge, etc.

Think I should get Barrier. Have the Ward that shields someone else instead of Healing Ward which seems even more random. Which pvp campaign should I use for leveling to Barrier?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To be honest, I would recommend the new Magma Shell over Barrier if you're a DK healer, since in addition to giving teammates a 100% damage shield, it basically gives you 97% damage reduction for a good chunk of time.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Soulex posted:

Does this only happen after downloading a new patch? You will have a bit of time between char select and actual game after downloading a new patch, I believe it is doing :something: in regards to applying/loading the new patch.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MF_James posted:

Does this only happen after downloading a new patch? You will have a bit of time between char select and actual game after downloading a new patch, I believe it is doing :something: in regards to applying/loading the new patch.

I think so. Only started happening after the new patch went up.

Also respeced again. Took up more destructive weapon talents and storm caller. Lots more fun already

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

To be honest, I would recommend the new Magma Shell over Barrier if you're a DK healer, since in addition to giving teammates a 100% damage shield, it basically gives you 97% damage reduction for a good chunk of time.

I have Magma shell slotted and was thinking of Barrier in addition to compare. For now it will be Magma though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The main advantage that Barrier has over Magma Shell are the extra morphs. One returns magicka and ultimate for each barrier that breaks, and the other adds a gigantic Heal over Time (on my stam sorc it's a 24k heal over 15 seconds).

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Not sure what you mean here, but every armor type usually has at least a five piece bonus and by each piece you get a certain bonus to something reflective of that armor's role. With the undaunted passive you can a percentage increase if you are wearing all three armor types (ideally, five of one and one of the other two). I'm out of the loop at the moment so can't comment one way or the other definitively but some builds prefer a 5/1/1 to 7 of the same depending on your goals for the build.

If you mean the motifs themselves, yeah they're just decoration, you can not touch chasing motifs at all and its not a difference in any way.

Since armor sets and armor wieghts bonuses max out at 5 pieces it's usually in your best interest to craft 2 armors of a different weight. Since different weight armor looks different you are stuck with a clowsuit, which diminishes the purpose of collecting motifs.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I don't know about this new patch. I mean camels and pirates are cool but I feel like there are just so many more glitches and bugs. -and where was the free respec?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Baron Porkface posted:

Since armor sets and armor wieghts bonuses max out at 5 pieces it's usually in your best interest to craft 2 armors of a different weight. Since different weight armor looks different you are stuck with a clowsuit, which diminishes the purpose of collecting motifs.

I find that chest and legs of heavy and 5 light or medium works pretty well. If 5 heavy go with gloves and belt for the other two. This usually works for me at least, though I do also wear costumes and disguises. I also mix motifs. Sometimes you run into dye problems, but often not.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

bradybunch posted:

I don't know about this new patch. I mean camels and pirates are cool but I feel like there are just so many more glitches and bugs. -and where was the free respec?

We get to beta-test it so they can save money on console patches. It'll be better in a few weeks.

Baron Porkface posted:

You can hide helmet and monster shoulders look the same regardless of weight, so it's not so bad going 5/1/1. If you don't have a monster shoulder: light robes cover up pants, light belts are hardly noticeable against medium/heavy, and heavy merc chest looks good with whatever.

e: Still think there should be a transmog station.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lol if you don't run the skeleton polymorph

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

You mean "baby's first costume"?

titties
May 10, 2012

Scyantific posted:

I have the thing that makes you look like a stormcock goblin or whatever they're called and it looks rad so

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ended up getting a weird glitch today. I was in Stormhaven doing the Orc bit when I was running back to turn in my quest. I was on my horse then WHAMMO! Hit by a mortar and thrown.

I decided just to book it out of there and not mount up when I noticed the double stamina bar. My run speed was also fast as hell.

So essentially I was able to run around at mount speed doing whatever. I was able to get hit and not lose my speed and talk to people. I finally lost it when I grabbed some high iron. It was fun though.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
64 bit client audio glitch update: Tonight, I was crafting some new armor for my alt. Standard fair, right? Except for one thing. You know the sound when you're creating a Blacksmithing item? The hammering sound? I got got pigs oinking instead.

What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
There was a long while where something like... Orcs jumping? Caused the same thing. Piggy orcs jumping forever.

• Locked thread