Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sucks to be you, I run GW2, GTA5, Star Citizen, and bitcoin mining all at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sucks to be you, I run GW2, GTA5, Star Citizen, and bitcoin mining all at the same time.

I dunno, the only way to improve the processor would be to get an i7, and that's a but overkill. Maybe it's the graphics card being poo poo. Maybe its the 20 different youtube videos I have up because I'm hyper adhd and I can't watch any one thing for too long a period.

Edit:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Star Citizen

You can't run what isn't real arus. Jpegs don't count.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 11, 2016

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Is GW2 actually using your graphics card and not the internal GPU on your motherboard? That sometimes causes similar issues to what you have for some people with Nvidia cards when their settings get messed up

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

I dunno, the only way to improve the processor would be to get an i7, and that's a but overkill. Maybe it's the graphics card being poo poo. Maybe its the 20 different youtube videos I have up because I'm hyper adhd and I can't watch any one thing for too long a period.

Edit:

You can't run what isn't real arus. Jpegs don't count.

I wouldn't trust arus's advice on anything but printers. Download open hardware monitor and make sure that you're a) using your graphics card, b) not overheating, and c) not maxing out either your CPU or GPU and then throw money at it until it's fixed.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dreggon posted:

slublings don't inflict fear, they corrupt stability into it

last 20% i suggest turning off facet of nature and just maintain your bubble, any quickness you get from the chronomancer will just get corrupted into slow, and it's more important to keep your group alive

yeah the loss of jalis road does suck, but i find the timing on the breaks can be really random and he will fear faster than your road goes down if it's quick, and road will expire if it's slow. you can't win, just use condi clear on legend swap then tablet + bubble your group (don't cleanse, one of the other 9 people can handle that)

poo poo I didn't realize at all that they corrupt boons, not inflict that stuff. I thought they just vomited conditions

Magres fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 11, 2016

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That was a tough mastery point, thanks guys, see you next time!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

second 'boss' is really easy until the last phase at which point there's a huge amount of mobs everywhere and i have no idea what's going on

i think the secret is stacking necromancers and using epidemic to send the burn stacks everywhere

third boss... does not look fun

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
two is enough for this week, try the third next reset

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

reddit already has guide for third boss up

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
People have been reporting those grubasaur guide threads to keep the secrets out of casual hands.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

People have been reporting those grubasaur guide threads to keep the secrets out of casual hands.

if real that's loving hilarious since the strategy consists of "run around in a giant circle" and maybe "bring a lot of reflects"

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Kessel posted:

raid guide stuff

So, just like any raiding community in any game ever. Gotcha.:classiclol:

Now if you'l excuse me I must go huddle in the corner and shake like I got the junk sweats and repeat my mantra.

"Must never get back into raiding, must never get back into raiding, must never get back into raiding..."

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

I wouldn't trust arus's advice on anything but printers. Download open hardware monitor and make sure that you're a) using your graphics card, b) not overheating, and c) not maxing out either your CPU or GPU and then throw money at it until it's fixed.

This is some pretty decent advice. I'll take a look into it when I get home.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 11, 2016

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
A few times we got it to the final 10% where the margins can be as close as someone forgetting to eat their food like some sort of casual.

Here is a video of our glorious first kill of Slothasor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffC_kWJMvg

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Did the loot make it worth it?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shrach posted:

A few times we got it to the final 10% where the margins can be as close as someone forgetting to eat their food like some sort of casual.

Here is a video of our glorious first kill of Slothasor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffC_kWJMvg

So he like poops poison everywhere?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
ya

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
its primarily piss tho

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

knowonecanknow posted:

Did the loot make it worth it?

I think possibly one person got a slubling tonic out of the first chest and someone got a mini (generic bandit) from the second. I didn't get anything of note from the first two boss chests. RNG didn't seem strong.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Yo tivac, who do I have to blow to have someone read my support ticket over there.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Yo tivac, who do I have to blow to have someone read my support ticket over there.

I'll take one for the team.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

ItBurns posted:

I'll take one for the team.

Sorry bud, gm "wonder tree" got there before you did.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

*unzips*

e: vvvvvvv D:

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 12, 2016

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

It would take me longer to find that than it took them to finally answer my support ticket.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

It would take me longer to find that than it took them to finally answer my support ticket.

God drat, Sassfleet Dental here

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

xthnru posted:

God drat, Sassfleet Dental here

To quote that namiasdf guy from wvw, "SFD more like Suck Fat Dicks"

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Quezacotl
Aug 5, 2006

I'm an atheist. Deal with it.

CLAM DOWN posted:

To quote that namiasdf guy from wvw, "SFD more like Suck Fat Dicks"

SFD more like poo poo Face Dickfucks

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Quezacotl posted:

SFD more like poo poo Face Dickfucks

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I've thought it was Super Fab Dudes all this time

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If people are interested, I'm planning on doing a teaching raid on Sunday at 6pm PST to teach people Spirit Vale. Only hard requirement I have is that people wear low/zero Toughness gear if they're not the tank. It's a mechanical necessity. If you don't have a low toughness set of armor, grab some exotic Berserker gear for power DPS, Sinister if you're condi (Viper is ideal but is annoying to get), or Magi's if you're healing.

That said, suggestions for a fun and productive raiding experience (these are all suggestions to make it more likely that we clear bosses, basically, though if we wipe to VG for a few hours and have a good time doing it, that's fine with me)

-Bring DPS gear. All raid bosses have some DPS requirement that we, as a group, have to meet in order for the boss to be beatable (if you don't kill them in time they get medieval on you and kill everyone in the raid quickly, sometimes instantly), and standard composition for Spirit Vale is a tank, a healer, and 8 DPS, so most of us will be playing DPS classes. Berserker/Viper is ideal, Sinister works as a cheap alternative to Viper. Some pieces of like Valkyrie are fine (I don't know if there's a condi equivalent to Valkyrie), though you really want to gear as aggressively possible without killing yourself, because it makes life easier if you can do more damage.
-Have a build with high internal synergy (aka "is minmaxed"). Don't wear condi gear and run a power weapon or something similarly silly. You don't have to copy metabattle, but it's often a decent place to start if you're lost. Also feel free to ask in guild chat or message me (I'm usually on Catjorn Fjordbjorn) for help.
-Read up on Vale Guardian in advance (it's the first boss, and also mechanically the most complicated), Dulfy's guide for it is fine
-Have Exotic or better gear in every slot (if you're wanting to get any Ascended stuff, get Rings and Accessories and your Amulet first, then weapons)
-Bring food, the extra stats help. You don't have to run super expensive food, aim for stuff that's like 10s for half an hour of boosted stats.
-Be ready to be flexible and adjust to the situation as needed. Part of raiding is learning to play multiple different playstyles to adjust to the demands of each boss! I change weapon sets and trait setups literally every time I clear Spirit Vale, because Elementalist staff is superb against the second boss of the raid and dagger/warhorn is better for the first and third bosses.
-Have a good attitude! Most important one, be ready to learn and have fun.

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 12, 2016

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

My second attempt at raids and I'm excited. I've only ever ran my ele with staff should I just use my thief for the raid or at least 1st and 3rd boss?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

knowonecanknow posted:

My second attempt at raids and I'm excited. I've only ever ran my ele with staff should I just use my thief for the raid or at least 1st and 3rd boss?

You can run staff ele for all three in the first and second raid wing. Thief is OK but in the end it all depends on the group composition and experience in the group.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Pretty sure the numbers still say staff is slightly better than dagger/warhorn on Sabetha (and Burning Retreat is great if you're on a cannon), and even though it's not optimal on VG it has the advantage that you can go in green circles while still doing DPS.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

Pretty sure the numbers still say staff is slightly better than dagger/warhorn on Sabetha (and Burning Retreat is great if you're on a cannon), and even though it's not optimal on VG it has the advantage that you can go in green circles while still doing DPS.

It seemed like if I was to make it to my circles I have to switch to lightning and swiftness over to them or I'd miss. That puts a hamper on the DPS of fire/staff. Any pointers on getting to circles quicker?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Convince your Heralds to wait on blowing facet of elements active until they're about to swap out so people get buffed with swiftness, or just consider it an excuse to air overload and drop glyph of storms (if he's not about to get moved.) If it's a huge issue you could just take Lightning Flash, but I'm not sure if it would be up often enough.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

knowonecanknow posted:

It seemed like if I was to make it to my circles I have to switch to lightning and swiftness over to them or I'd miss. That puts a hamper on the DPS of fire/staff. Any pointers on getting to circles quicker?
Best thing you can do is always being ready to run for a circle, you shouldn't need swiftness most of the time. Remember that you don't have to stand right next to the boss, a distance of around 3-600 units still gives you most buffs while making sure you're closer to the circle when it spawns. Other than that, learning to use your Burning Retreat for mobility is a good skill to have, and if you're really struggling Lightning Flash will save your rear end a bunch.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Burning retreat comes off cooldown exactly when green circles spawn, I don't know how you'd have trouble reaching them if you know how to aim the dodge towards it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The problem is more that you aim the Burning Retreat correctly and then the server rips a huge fart at the same time and rubberbands you somewhere else.

• Locked thread