Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Did you order directly from them? I've seen people getting theirs a few months back. I'd contact them.

Yea I ordered right from their site

This is the one they received?
http://mondotees.com/products/the-first-turtle-b-w-version?variant=1498316931

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

How bad is Mondo with preorder release dates?

I preordered the "The First Turtle Figure (B&W Version)" way back in May last year and their hasn't been a single update since then. The site even says it will ship 4th quarter 2015.

If your account still says unfulfilled on the order, you're probably fine. Mondo is a small shop, they try and estimate things but a lot of times they're off. Toys are especially new to them. Over a year ago, I ordered the Iron Giant, they gave a release date of Q2 2015. Well, it's closing in on Q2 2016 and still no Iron Giant. I'm not concerned, they've never done wrong by me.

If you're really worried, hit up their support, they're usually pretty decent about sorting things out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Here's a better photo on the shelf

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BBTS is shipping my Kirby nendoroid, and I just finished my Megaman and Roll kits. My video game shelf is looking rad.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Travis343 posted:

BBTS is shipping my Kirby nendoroid, and I just finished my Megaman and Roll kits. My video game shelf is looking rad.

Those MM kits are so cool. I've had that third MM kit (the red guy from 3 whose name escapes me) unbuilt for years, waiting to get customized into an evil robot boss. Someday, little kit.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Got ahold of the hand guard plates to match the gauntlets. These came to me in pretty rough shape; too thick, unfinished grey, and completely flat. First I took a dremel to the back side to thin them out, especially around the edges, and then boiled them in water for about 30 minutes before using a heat gun on them to soften them up. Then I laid them each over the back of my hand and ran cold water over them so they would set in the shape of my hand while making a fist. Then I used some paint and polyurethane to get a metallic finish (may go back and do more of that). And last night attached them to the leather gloves. I didn't make the gloves, but I almost had to. It is surprisingly difficult to find plain, featureless, black leather gloves*. I love the way these came out, drat close to original.

*They are actually XXXL ladies gloves made by Fownes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

gregday posted:

*They are actually XXXL ladies gloves made by Fownes

lmao I was about to make a joke that they look like a pair of my wife's gloves. But with spikes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

Here's a better photo on the shelf

Overall its a good figure but in that shot you can see just how dead her eyes look compared to Quicksilver there. Dammit Hot Toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Did you look into the renfaire sort of gauntlets? They have black ones that are basically just jet black, no designs or anything. Obviously past the wrist they go all gauntlety though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Need a Legends MCU Quicksilver.

In other news, the new Legends Nick Fury is pretty tight!

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Yea I ordered right from their site

This is the one they received?
http://mondotees.com/products/the-first-turtle-b-w-version?variant=1498316931

Yeah, that's the one. Contact them, they may be doing staggered shipping but it's still worth checking out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Overall its a good figure but in that shot you can see just how dead her eyes look compared to Quicksilver there. Dammit Hot Toys.

Yeah, she has a completely blank expression.

They could have just given her angry eyes, there's basically no scene in the movie where she isn't.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, she has a completely blank expression.

That elbow is in an unnatural position and it is really bothering me.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I stopped at a couple Walmarts today as I drove across Florida and found that all of them had their Legends marked down to $15.63, including the new Cap wave. That is just slightly more than what the Onslaught arms go for on eBay so I bit the bullet and bought whirlwind and cottonmouth, who will go on eBay sans their BAF pieces once I get home. I finally found Taskmaster (one of two in the wave I actually wanted, and completing my Onslaught BAF) and also found FN-2187 too.

None of the 4 Walmarts I stopped at had even a sign of the Spider Gwen wave.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Preorders coming in left and right, yo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got Vision, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man over the last couple of weeks too.

I'm just a Black Panther and War Machine short of Civil War, though it's the wrong Spidey.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I got Vision, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man over the last couple of weeks too.

I'm just a Black Panther and War Machine short of Civil War, though it's the wrong Spidey.

I am so ready for Antman. I think he's my most anticipated fig in a while.

I've seen the AOU War Machine on special over at SIdeshow a few times.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Unless you have to have the red markings of the AoU suit, the Iron Man 3 War Machine Mark 2 is cheap as gently caress most places. Same armor, barely any changes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

They are putting out a diecast WM from Iron Man 2. That version is pretty badass.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, neat. Local wal mart has the BvS toys (the Wonder Woman actually looks pretty cool).

They also got the TDKR miller based series, but since I can't stand miller, I didn't worry much about those.

No spider gwen or Venom though :(

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
It bugs me that the TDKR Batman figure isn't the right colors really. I'll wait for the animated version that comes out next year instead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Play Arts Kais are 150 bucks now. That is too many dollars for a Play Arts Kai

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, why not?

Why is Zach Braff dressed as the Eleventh Doctor?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Timby posted:

Why is Zach Braff dressed as the Eleventh Doctor?

That's an 8th Doctor head on the 11th Doctor body. Incidentally, that Capaldi head isn't the one that originally came with the body.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just bought the Bruce Lee Figma. Someone convince me not to buy the Indiana Jones Figma (I'm aware of the dodgy face paint).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

That's an 8th Doctor head on the 11th Doctor body. Incidentally, that Capaldi head isn't the one that originally came with the body.

That Capaldi head is tiny

so small

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

boom boom boom posted:

That Capaldi head is tiny

so small

But so much more detailed than the regular Capaldi head.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

I am so ready for Antman. I think he's my most anticipated fig in a while.

I've seen the AOU War Machine on special over at SIdeshow a few times.

I think I would most likely go with Iron Patriot. It's a nice more distinct look than grey Iron Man.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

The old price of $100 was too much for Play Arts Kai.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

the old old price was $50

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I finally found a ML wolfy Captain America on sale and couldn't resist his charm. However, his shoulder harness thingies don't seem to be attached in any way and just fall off of him if I try to put them on. Is that normal?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I finally found a ML wolfy Captain America on sale and couldn't resist his charm. However, his shoulder harness thingies don't seem to be attached in any way and just fall off of him if I try to put them on. Is that normal?

Yep. I'm not even sure why they included them since there is no way to secure them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Yep. I'm not even sure why they included them since there is no way to secure them.

I honestly wasn't expecting this answer. How weird. Thanks.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Good lord, these were already overpriced at 80 bucks. They really think they are direct competitors of Hot Toys, don't they? It is too bad that from the start the figures weren't in the 1:12 scale...although I still dig the Ground Zeroes snake figure I got from the line.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was at a Walgreens the other day and thought about picking up one of those peg-warmer Black Series Finn figures so I could do a custom paint job. But then they had restocked, and there were two Finns, and one of them was in the blood-stained stormtrooper outfit, and that's also cool. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, and ended up not buying either. Probably for the best...

gregday
May 23, 2003

And to go with the gauntlet, the last 2 things I was missing for my 89 vault door display: some ninja wheels and smoke bombs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ninja wheels???

gregday
May 23, 2003

The Rage posted:

ninja wheels???

Weird yeah, but that is how they are actually described in the prop catalog.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

therealjon_ posted:

I have the Quiet play arts Kai and I think it's time I offload that one. I look at it in comparison even to my side show cobra commander and find it wanting. :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I have the Quiet play arts Kai and I think it's time I offload that one. I look at it in comparison even to my side show cobra commander and find it wanting. :(

Gimme!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Cross-whine from the Transformers thread: I finally have access to a 3D printer and I can't find any cool action figure stuff to print (accessories, heads, etc). Am I bad at googling or do people (understandably) always lock their models behind a paywall?