Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
It does seem promising, though with half of Paradox's playerbase being blood-crazed sociopaths dedicated to weird nationalisms and political ideologies, it could also be something totally different and still fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

So, you're saying they're already in character?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pope Guilty posted:

Dunno what this is but I choose to hope that Paradox and Obsidian are doing something WoD related.

Final Score: Dangerous.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

liking the new HelloQuizzy Aesthetic of the future.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Paradox is really moving quick- here's the website for a Convention of Thorns LARP they're running in Poland at the end of the year. Looks fairly spiffy.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I'm guessing it's this:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

I'm guessing it's this:

Obsidian doing Fallout New Orleans would be supremely killer but I dunno why Paradox would be involved.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Fallout: New Orleans by Night?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
They're going to license the Skyrim/Fo4 engine to do Bloodlines 2, electric boogaloo, creating a vortex of bugs unlike anything ever seen before.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

unseenlibrarian posted:

They're going to license the Skyrim/Fo4 engine to do Bloodlines 2, electric boogaloo, creating a vortex of bugs unlike anything ever seen before.

just a werewolf spinning endlessly into the horizon

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Go ahead, translate Mage: the Ascension to a computer game. I dare you.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Obsidian doing Fallout New Orleans would be supremely killer but I dunno why Paradox would be involved.

He (and then the official Obsidian account) said 'it's not [Fallout]. Something else cool, though!" I don't know how many projects they work on, but a major project in an area of the US with a cool cultural background (with occulty bits), and a project with Paradox? Sounds like they could be related.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

And let's face it, the only city in the US people associate more with the occult than New Orleans is Salem.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Just use Anvil, Ubi's AC:Unity engine that inverts faces and makes the radiant AI freak out.

MalcolmSheppard
Jun 24, 2012
MATTHEW 7:20

Alien Rope Burn posted:

1) Reduce everything to spell aspects/factors: damage, duration, etc. You have to lock down exploits that would throw things askew.
2) Particular Spheres apply object classes that interact with other things in particular ways. Spirit means you get to affect Umbrood/spirits, for instance.
3) Fill in the edge cases with rotes.
4) Paradigm determines what funky animations you get.

You're not going to get the full Storyteller moderated experience, but you can get a lot of mileage.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

MalcolmSheppard posted:

You have to lock down exploits that would throw things askew.

So we playing Mage or not?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Has there been any news on if there's going to be a Kickstarter for the 2nd edition of Mage?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There hasn't been for any 2e, just new lines.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Captain_Person posted:

Has there been any news on if there's going to be a Kickstarter for the 2nd edition of Mage?

Yes.

Sorry - yes, there's been news. That news is "no."

CofD second editions don't get kickstarters, only brand new games.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Minecraft? (In creative mode)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Codespells?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Rigorously keyword in-game objects and characters and cross reference those keywords with sphere/Arcanum ranks. Also certain ranks would just give you access to a library of effects you could pretty much put down wherever, like explosions or portals. Yeah, you probably wouldn't be able to just decide to use Matter to dig three miles underground and ignore the rest of the game world, but you can't do that in most games that give you a drill or shovel or whatnot.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Paradox and Obsidian are announcing their new game or whatever at "5pm" but no word on timezone. Fingers crossed for like a Bloodlines sequel or something.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I wouldn't mind a modern bloodlines successor with some of the early 00's XTREME junk excised from it.

keep the bitch shirt though that thing owns and I want one

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

But if you excise the '90s 'tude from oh-wahd, I'm not sure what would remain. Vampire: the Non-disclosure Agreement wouldn't have quite the same ring to it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Any Bloodlines game is gonna be 90s as gently caress and we all know it.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

less the standard owod 90s-ness and more the "XTREME 4 ADULTS" 00s video game aesthetic

though tbh there might be some overlap there

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Pope Guilty posted:

Paradox and Obsidian are announcing their new game or whatever at "5pm" but no word on timezone. Fingers crossed for like a Bloodlines sequel or something.

Hunter the Vigil.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Mors Rattus posted:

Any Bloodlines game is gonna be 90s as gently caress and we all know it.

What would a Millennial as gently caress VTM game be like, I wonder. I can imagine a human arm turned into a selfie-stick with vicissitude to take blurry shots with.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Hunter the Vigil.

An Obsidian Hunter game is like one of my absolute dreams and I would be very excited for this.

I would also accept Bloodlines 2. Bloodlines is like the only time Vampire ever managed to seem cool.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
It's so enormously disappointing (but expected) that they are intent on reviving the lovely 90s world of darkness.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

It's so enormously disappointing (but expected) that they are intent on reviving the lovely 90s world of darkness.

Well we will see how it goes, the early 2000's Bloodlines is still a fantastic game now and that was, sort of, set in the 90's.

But yeah hoping for a Hunter game at least a bit. Want to play as a Loyalist and just talk and know my way into things.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Paradox said outright that it's not WoD related.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Kavak posted:

So it is cofd based then! ... I can dream

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

HoL: the CRPG.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Twibbit posted:

So it is cofd based then! ... I can dream

Beast: the Primordial rpg. Some dreams were never meant to be spoken of in the light of day.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kaza42 posted:

Beast: the Primordial rpg. Some dreams were never meant to be spoken of in the light of day.

So.... Prototype?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kavak posted:

Exalted?

I'd hope for AEonverse stuff, but they don't have the rights to that.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

Rigorously keyword in-game objects and characters and cross reference those keywords with sphere/Arcanum ranks. Also certain ranks would just give you access to a library of effects you could pretty much put down wherever, like explosions or portals. Yeah, you probably wouldn't be able to just decide to use Matter to dig three miles underground and ignore the rest of the game world, but you can't do that in most games that give you a drill or shovel or whatnot.

Scribblenauts is the Mage game we've been waiting for all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kavak posted:

Well that was almost physically painful to watch.

No it isn't a WoD RPG, in fact all we really know is that it is an RPG, and you're playing in the Bad End of someone else's story where the Villains won, and you were probably one of the Villains.