Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Petiso posted:

I decided to switch Whis and Mecha Frieza for INT Android 16 and STR Android 18 to counter his regeneration since I got unlucky once and couldn't deal more damage than he was regenerating, wasting 3 stones for nothing. As long as I put both of them together in the first two spaces I'm guaranteed to have them every 2 turns. Babidi ended up being my savior with his high stun chance super and I'm glad I pulled him from those awful multipulls.

I'm at 5 medals at the moment, I normally need 1 stone per run but if I get lucky and Babidi gets enough ki from the powerups in the map to easily get his super in every turn (I always go with double +3 ki leaders) I usually don't need it. Running with 2xDende, 2xBean, 2xGhost and 2xEnma.

PS: I'll do my INT Perfect Cell first, but how many medals does the AGL Cell need to awaken?

TEQ and INT require 10. AGL requires 3. (at least according to the Dokkan Awaken tab under team).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Not enough luck to get a LR,

Too many AGI to care about UR Cell,

Just enough time to waste farming (dank) medals

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
On a serious note 3014680022 I have turtles and event 18 for Cell and KK Goku and SSJ2 Gohan for Broly let me know what you want me to lead with

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm on track to get my 10th Broly medal today, then back to Hercule's map so I can actually awaken him. It's gotten to the point where I can kill Broly with any good AGI leader and maybe a Ghost Usher.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did a couple more summons with the stones I had left. Got pretty lucky I think, I got the INT SR Babadi (the stunner) and the new SSR Super Trunks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
My new account is already up to five natural SSRs. My original account is cursed.

With that said, with just General Blue, reloading and a bunch of INTs (only one natural SSR), I've already gotten three medals without using stones.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I can't do it. I just can't do it. I can't field a team for Cell or Broly. I even tried to cheese Cell today with a Babidi super and after a half dozen times it wouldn't proc. I know I had the stunning R Bulma from Namek before everything launched but apparently I used her for training fodder. I just don't have the teams. I'm just going to farm the SR's from both until I max their supers and hope I'm ready next time around. The UR Broly I pulled is plenty strong on his own.

This event is a perfect opportunity to showcase the power of saving maxed Rs and SRs. That R Bulma has saved my rear end big time in this event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Since there actually was a goon actively rerolling I decided to keep my spare decent rolls this time, maybe someone else is extremely unhappy with his account

Vegetto/SSJ2 PHY Goku: 291390037 - w7sg7gte3wcw
TEQ Perfect Cell/STR SSJ3 Goku: 1070984090 - s5hegkk7tgw3
STR #17/INT #18/AGL Super Vegeta: 370309812 - esn73mpx8mc7
PHY Super Trunks/TEQ SSJ2 Goku: 1621566395 - fgjcgk3wrj7c

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I reached 8 medals today! I guess having to work the weekend has its advantages after all!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I beat Cell :toot:

Only 9 more times to go!!!!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got my INT Cell Dokkan Awakened today. Just need to do a few more for the AGL one and then I can farm him up.

Also got another double SSR pull today. The new Android 18 to go with my 17 was one. The other was a second Broly.

I think I'm going to wait a while to decide what to do with him. Unawakened he's a 5% chance. Maybe I'll just collect any until I get enough to justify 10 more Broly runs.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Got my Broly awakened! Thanks again for the help everyone, having a real objective to work toward in this game was a lot of fun. Time to figure out what tournament team I'm going to build with him.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Echo could you help me build a team? Sorta realized I've gotten a bunch of good characters recently but I have no clue who to use.

http://imgur.com/N34bFvD
http://imgur.com/i9xAK6h

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I see a few ways to go. You could do Zangya, both pairs of Androids, and another card to fill a color gap, Maybe PHY Gero, Yamcha, or SSJ Gohan? The Future Androids are pretty dang good.

Alternatively, Zangya, INT SSJ Vegeta, TEQ SSJ Goku, AGL SSJ Kid Trunks, PHY SSJ Adult Gohan, and Evil Buu would probably work well. That's enough Kamehameha to do the job, I think.

A third possibility is DragonBall, those cards have obscene synergy. Yamcha, Tien, Kid Goku, Bulma, Oolong. Any leader will do the job, but I'm sure you guessed I'm going to pitch Zangya.

That second one is similar to what it looks like you've been running, based on the levels, but give Zangya a shot. She's really solid leader.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 13, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

I see a few ways to go. You could do Zangya, both pairs of Androids, and another card to fill a color gap, Maybe PHY Gero, Yamcha, or SSJ Gohan? The Future Androids are pretty dang good.

Alternatively, Zangya, INT SSJ Vegeta, TEQ SSJ Goku, AGL SSJ Kid Trunks, PHY SSJ Adult Gohan, and Evil Buu would probably work well. That's enough Kamehameha to do the job, I think.

A third possibility is DragonBall, those cards have obscene synergy. Yamcha, Tien, Kid Goku, Bulma, Oolong. Any leader will do the job, but I'm sure you guessed I'm going to pitch Zangya.

That second one is similar to what it looks like you've been running, based on the levels, but give Zangya a shot. She's really solid leader.

I put both of these teams together and I'll report back with results. I put Dr Gero in the first team, he seemed to fit pretty well. Thank you for your help, you really know your stuff.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Agoat posted:

I put both of these teams together and I'll report back with results. I put Dr Gero in the first team, he seemed to fit pretty well. Thank you for your help, you really know your stuff.

Sure, any time.

Yamcha might provide a bit more offensive crunch with his passive. Gero is more defensive with his passive and Android Assault. Really depends on what you want to do.

I also totally forgot that half of that first team has Battlefield Diva. I've run that team with an SSJ Bardock lead, it's pretty workable once you get the hang of order manipulation. Should probably be better with Zangya throwing more Ki around.

It's such a pain in the rear end that the regular androids and future androids link so badly. Why the Future ones don't have Twin Terrors bewilders me.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I missed the bit about team Dragonball. I'll make that, too.

I had figured you suggested dual sets of Androids cause of good links. I'm surprised they're lacking in that regard.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I read the medal requirements wrong to Dokkan Awaken Gohan into Saiyaman and ended up 5 Bulma medals short :smith:

Goddamnit.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Just did Cell with a pure STR team. Having 4 characters that each hit for 100k+ dmg is insane, he died in 5 rounds, even though he healed once.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I read the medal requirements wrong to Dokkan Awaken Gohan into Saiyaman and ended up 5 Bulma medals short :smith:

Goddamnit.

Look at it this way, I did something similar, but I ended up selling medals I stockpiled to Baba, not realizing that I needed them for Saiya Women still. :sigh:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
After seeing all the lovely multi-pulls everyone was getting, I wasn't going to do it... Why did I cave?
4 crap SRs, one of which was a dupe PHY Perfect Cell, just to mock me.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 13, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Seemingly arbitrarily the PHY cell is a different form from the TEQ and INT cells

"Cell (perfect form)" versus "Perfect Cell"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Agoat posted:

I missed the bit about team Dragonball. I'll make that, too.

I had figured you suggested dual sets of Androids cause of good links. I'm surprised they're lacking in that regard.

Well, you just need to get your 17s next to the relevant 18. The 18s have Battlefield Diva.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Zangya, 18, 18, 17, 17, Saiyawoman?

Not really sure how else to build a team around the androids because the mechanical/ RR links are bad

I really wish Launch had battlefield diva

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Speaking of Androids, I just tried a new team on Cell. Turles, Super Trunks, LR Cell, SSR PHY SSJ Goku, and SSR 17 and 18. It went pretty badly. Barely got into his second health bar before he one rounded me on his first triple attack.

I'm quite pleased with all the new super animations. LR Cell's Kamehameha going through the planet is great, as is 17 and 18s Sadistic Dance. It's like the Family Kamehameha where multiple characters are present. They rush the target, do some attacks, then pop back and do a paired ki blast. Really neat.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Dokkan and leveled my INT Cell today! :toot:

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
For those doing the Cell games and trying to proc the stun, just note the game already predetermines the stun rate before that round starts.

I tested this theory today by doing the same round various time (by jumping out of the game and resuming game to reset).

So this was the setup.

I had Babidi (Stunner), General Blue (Stunner), and a non stunner.

Cell in that round will regenerate in the 2nd position, so this means I HAVE to stun him in the first attack.

-Using Babidi on first attack, General Blue on second, ran 10 times, no stuns on first attack, ALWAYS stun procs on second attack.
-Using General Blue on first attack, Babidi on second, ran 10 times, no stuns on first attack, ALWAYS stun procs on second attack.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You can change that by either choosing a different ki path or changing character positions.
Unless you're unlucky, one of the different combinations should proc a 50%

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I logged in to an empty giftbox (aside from the usual daily login bonus of zeni and whatever) and I don't know how to deal with that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have quite a few UR INT characters including Perfect Cell, adult Gohan, Golden Frieza, Cooler, Mecha Frieza, Whis, and the new 18. I also have General Blue, Babidi, the new 16, STR Trunks, PHY Trunks, AGL Tien, TEQ Piccolo and I have no idea how anyone can beat Cell :(

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Make sure you have at least +5 ki through your leaders, try and get General Blue to fire off a Super every round. If Babidi/ Turles (if you have him as a friend) can also get a super, even better. Take ghost usher items to cover for when you don't get the delay, and just wail on Cell while he can't hit back until you win.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I finally beat Cell. I don't have many good INT cards so it took forever.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Rolled a dupe TEQ Cell in my new alternate account. Very mixed feelings but I suppose I should still feed it to increase SA?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Got a dupe SSR Teq SSJ Vegita today. At least it lets me level up his super for when he gets a Dokkan whenever that is.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I still can't beat Broly. According to the guides, my team should be able to beat him, however super attacks from SA2 Kaioken Goku seem to barely ding him. Then I eventually run out of healing items and die. What am I missing?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I still can't beat Broly. According to the guides, my team should be able to beat him, however super attacks from SA2 Kaioken Goku seem to barely ding him. Then I eventually run out of healing items and die. What am I missing?

Post your team (and better yet, your box)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Post your team (and better yet, your box)

Team:

Box:

The Blazing Battle cards on my team are pretty much all the ones I have. I know how to manipulate them so that they're almost always taking the brunt of Broly's attacks, it's just that I can't seem to get Kiaoken Goku to do enough damage to kill Broly.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
What items are you using? I have a large stock of Fruits of Might specifically for this sort of thing where I absolutely need to get off supers but lack the team with the links to maintain sufficient ki.

I'd be using dende, sensu bean, yenma and fruits as my items. My job is to tank damage until I get Kaioken Goku's super damage to about 200k (at which point Broly will have run out of HP).

The fact that you own Kaioken Goku instead of relying on a friend gives you a great advantage. You can either choose a blazing battle friend (like the AGL Gohan) or pick another +3 ki friend. Being able to consistently get off supers with Kaioken Goku should end the battle with about 10 supers IIRC.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 14, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I guess I just need to get off supers more reliably then? I mostly use healing/damage reduction items and rely on getting Goku next to Pikkon to take advantage of Shocking Speed.

I don't need to disable rampage when attacking, do I? I don't have any cards with Blazing Battle passives but without Shocking Speed it's difficult to launch super attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I didn't really bother.

My team was Pikkon, TEQ Dokkan Goku, Mighty Mask, King Vegeta, Angel Goku and AGL Determined Goku. Would pick Kaioken Goku or SSG Goku to actually deal damage.

I've beaten Broly with no dragon stones and luck but usually takes 1-2. I think now I'd do better since I have R AGL Trunks as well as two Dokkan AGL characters (Cell and Saiyaman 2)

Just tried with my updated team and 10 supers did the trick without needing a dragon stone. Having R AGL Trunks tank hits is the critical difference. I had one Dende spare this time.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 14, 2016